First Lap Lap Time (bug?)

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Tried searching the forum, and the Bug Report thread, couldn't see anything so apologies if this issue(?) has been raised before:

Just noticed, while doing this weeks Daily B at Nürburgring, that the (first) lap time starts as soon as the cars are released from auto-drive, instead of as the pole-sitter crosses the start/finish line. I Never really noticed this on other tracks as auto-drive is generally released a lot closer to the start finish line and, at the end of the first lap, I'd always attributed the marginally slower first lap time to being released from a slow rolling start. However, when I noticed that my (race) lap time was 30 seconds slower than my quali time at Nürburgring, I realised something odd is going on. Checked a capture and sure enough, the lap time is being started 20-30 seconds before the lap has even begun.

Does anyone know if its an actual bug or just another one of PD's odd decisions?

It's been like that since the start. It wouldn't be fair otherwise as the start of the pack crosses the start much slower than the cars behind. You still get the fastest lap when you win, no matter where you start on the Nord. Seems fair.

Back