(first post) Hi everybody + some thoughts

• Thread starter Dino
  • 5 comments
Hello everyone - This is only my first post here, but I’ve had all the Gran Turismo games and know what I liked most about each.

I decided to find a gran turismo forum cos i recently started playing GT3 again and getting back into it. Thinking about the room for improvement, I just got too excited thinking about the possibilities for GT in the future!

AI will play an increasingly smaller role in future games methinks...
The online racing introduced on GT4 will be a massive step for the series. I think that in GT4, it will probably be used as an Arcade mode of play; to simply race your buddies occasionally, with no prize money up for grabs. However, one day, the majority of "Gran Turismo mode" races will be played online. I can see whole championships being played online against about 20 opponents each race, with proper qualifying and practice sessions etc..

I reckon that a paintshop feature is inevitable. I think that maybe past masters like the 787B will come in their classic, illustrious colours; but when you acquire a new car, she will come in a basic, unadorned colour to be used as a base for whatever colour scheme you choose. It will mean that many of your cars will be completely personal and exclusive to you. You can shape the character of your car this way, making it your own. Obviously standard road cars will come in normal colours, but race trim for new cars should be left to the player's own accord. Racing against loads of people online, possibly in tournaments for big prizes (eventually), I would much rather see an eclectic grid filled with individual works of art than 6 clones of the best car in the game. Whether GT4 will see the feature or not, I don't know, but it will surely be introduced at some stage.

I personally think that one of the better things about GT2 was the used car market. And the good thing about it was that it meant you could get cars that alot of other people didn't even realise existed.
I reckon that an online second hand car market will end up in the series. I haven't given this alot of thought or contemplated how it could work, but it will probably end up playing a major role in the game. Imagine if Polyphony injected cars into the system, rare ones in very limited numbers... AGHH! I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night :)

Basically if they are going to go online with Gran Turismo, it is going to become a cult game, just like Half-Life or Counterstrike. It will grow into a very grand “community” If you want to call it that: A network teeming with a jumble of seasoned veterans defending their titles, and young hopefuls from around the globe entering their first ever online events through necessary qualifying heats.. There will be league tables posted online showing who had won recent events…. Well by that time I’ll be old and wobbly and my children will be lashing me at computer games.

Nice post.

Whilst the on-line component will be very important, I think enough players will either have no or poor quality access to the net to ensure that AI will be very important for many years to come. Your scenario is quite credible though.

And with that, welcome aboard - it's always pleasing to see new people who put some thought and effort into their posts.

Welcome to GT Planet Dino :thumbsup:

Online Gaming should really take off after the Optic Fibre Very fast internet access (called Broadband in :uk: ) system is introduced Internationally :computer:

Do you guys in :USA:/:au:/Anywhere else have these new lines yet?

Originally posted by alexy2k
Do you guys in :USA:/:au:/Anywhere else have these new lines yet?

I've had Broadband for so long that I forgot how bad my 56k modem is(even though the FCC limits the connection speed for those to 48.8KB/s so they don't mess up other communication and electronic devices[I know, dang goverment has been controlling this from the start]), and I probably got my cable connection(it's not as good as Jordan's, but it's still nothing to spit at, with it having a 2MB/s connection) about 2-3 years ago. I don't know how I got along without it. Jeeze, and now that we have a Cat5 home network between our computers, life hasn't been better, except when I started using my AppleIIe and my 386's... Those were the days...

So, yeah, there's plenty of Broadband people in the :USA:, so no need to worry, unless we have a ton of people out in Redneck country. But if they want to splurge, they can get dual satilite!

Back