First Time Drifter

• Thread starter PS31791
  • 17 comments
I am using a Toyota SUPRA 2.5 GT Twin Turbo R '90 with 632 HP... The tires I use are N2 tires, with all driving aids turned off. Sorry it isn't THAT amazing, I've only started. I decided to upload a short video to show the progress I'm making after a few days practice. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, stupid typo in the video... "good" not "goo" -_-

DFP, unless you have mad cash.

Driving Force Pro: About a hundred bucks new, lots cheaper on eBay. Very nice wheel, and it's PC compatible with drivers from Logitech (You have to download them).

G25 if you have big $$

DFP, unless you have mad cash.

Driving Force Pro: About a hundred bucks new, lots cheaper on eBay. Very nice wheel, and it's PC compatible with drivers from Logitech (You have to download them).

G25 if you have big $$

Yeah, I think I'll stick with a Driving Force Pro heh... I don't have $250-$300 to blow :yuck:

Yeah, I think I'll stick with a Driving Force Pro heh... I don't have $250-$300 to blow :yuck:

Good choice, the DFP is just fine. I am very satisfied with mine.

and your vid, its not bad:tup: (BTW, what song is that, I know its the chillies, but im not sure on the song)

It's not bad at all considering the time you've been doing this. There are quite a few sections in Trial Mountain that can be linked together, with more practice you'll be able to get 'em.👍

Ok, thanks

People will hate you if you put Eurobeat. Well, some will unlike me Im kind of eh-ish towards drifting with eurobeat.( side note that they have this kind of stuff in some Japanese racing soundtracks))

What is classified as Eurobeat:
Wiki
eanwhile, in 1985, the term "eurobeat" moved to Japan's music market, to describe all the European (non UK based) dance music imports. Those imports were "Italo-disco" hits, produced mostly in Italy and Germany. That sound became the soundtrack of the Para Para nightclub culture, that has existed, since the early 80's. Japan knew the "italo-disco" sound, through the success of the German group "Arabesque", that parted on 1984 but released 2 singles in 1985 and 1986, produced and mixed by Michaele Cretu (of Enigma), that sounded very "italo-disco"-like. The later solo success of Sandra (she was the lead singer or Arabesque) helped even more to the introduction of this sound in Japan. That situation, took the attention of many italo-disco producers (mostly Italians and Germans) and by the late 80's, a new sound created by them especially for Japan, virtually unknown on the rest of the world. This was called Eurobeat.
My term of Eurobeat is that it has a fast paced but 80's sound to it.
Eurobeat is over used as in Drifting videos. Just like Linkin Park songs are being overused, some people don't like the trance like songs sometimes or people just plain hate it.

that doesn't mean you should dictate what he should use in his next vid...

Yes Eurobea may not suit GT replays well, i personally i like eurobeat over rock or metal, but i also think rock or metal won't fit in as nice. In fact, i think the BGM in GT4 works great...

that doesn't mean you should dictate what he should use in his next vid...

Yes Eurobea may not suit GT replays well, i personally i like eurobeat over rock or metal, but i also think rock or metal won't fit in as nice. In fact, i think the BGM in GT4 works great...

Well, Kirkis9 used Eurobeat for his videos no matter what people says. Im just telling him.

first, great video PS31791, i think lines is good, good control, next step, linked corner:tup:

And yes ''Eurobeat'' music cant do a good job for a drift video, too much people use it, its not rare to see same song twice on youtube only for GT4 drifting.

nice job, you are already better than me:). Absolutely great choice of music too. Maybe on the next video we could get some foo fighters.*hint hint*

nice job, you are already better than me:). Absolutely great choice of music too. Maybe on the next video we could get some foo fighters.*hint hint*

Holy crap man! I've already started my next video, and I was using a Foo Fighters song... I read you're post, and it made me think to myself, "Is he reading my mind?"

Back