First Time Drifter

Discussion in 'GT4 Drifting Videos' started by PS31791, Oct 26, 2007.

1. PS31791

PS31791

I am using a Toyota SUPRA 2.5 GT Twin Turbo R '90 with 632 HP... The tires I use are N2 tires, with all driving aids turned off. Sorry it isn't THAT amazing, I've only started. I decided to upload a short video to show the progress I'm making after a few days practice. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, stupid typo in the video... "good" not "goo" -_-

2. Rotary Junkie

Rotary Junkie Premium

I'm guessing you use a DS2? Not a wheel?

3. PS31791

PS31791

Correct... But I plan on getting a steering wheel, since I just started really getting into GT4. Do you recommend a specific wheel?

4. Rotary Junkie

Rotary Junkie Premium

DFP, unless you have mad cash.

Driving Force Pro: About a hundred bucks new, lots cheaper on eBay. Very nice wheel, and it's PC compatible with drivers from Logitech (You have to download them).

G25 if you have big $$

5. PS31791

PS31791

Yeah, I think I'll stick with a Driving Force Pro heh... I don't have $250-$300 to blow :yuck:

6. BLITZ_69

BLITZ_69

Good choice, the DFP is just fine. I am very satisfied with mine.

and your vid, its not bad:tup: (BTW, what song is that, I know its the chillies, but im not sure on the song)

7. Loon

Loon

It's not bad at all considering the time you've been doing this. There are quite a few sections in Trial Mountain that can be linked together, with more practice you'll be able to get 'em.:tup:

8. PS31791

PS31791

Thanks, I'll be practicing some more today :tup: And the song is called "Around the World".

9. BLITZ_69

BLITZ_69

Ok, thanks

10. nk4e

nk4e

People will hate you if you put Eurobeat. Well, some will unlike me Im kind of eh-ish towards drifting with eurobeat.( side note that they have this kind of stuff in some Japanese racing soundtracks))

11. Loon

Loon

What is classified as Eurobeat, and why will people hate you?

12. nk4e

nk4e

What is classified as Eurobeat:
    My term of Eurobeat is that it has a fast paced but 80's sound to it.
    Eurobeat is over used as in Drifting videos. Just like Linkin Park songs are being overused, some people don't like the trance like songs sometimes or people just plain hate it.

13. AOS-

AOS- Premium

that doesn't mean you should dictate what he should use in his next vid...

Yes Eurobea may not suit GT replays well, i personally i like eurobeat over rock or metal, but i also think rock or metal won't fit in as nice. In fact, i think the BGM in GT4 works great...

14. nk4e

nk4e

Well, Kirkis9 used Eurobeat for his videos no matter what people says. Im just telling him.

15. HackiRoku

HackiRoku

first, great video PS31791, i think lines is good, good control, next step, linked corner:tup:

And yes ''Eurobeat'' music cant do a good job for a drift video, too much people use it, its not rare to see same song twice on youtube only for GT4 drifting.

16. hemisport15

hemisport15

nice job, you are already better than me:). Absolutely great choice of music too. Maybe on the next video we could get some foo fighters.*hint hint*

17. PS31791

PS31791

Holy crap man! I've already started my next video, and I was using a Foo Fighters song... I read you're post, and it made me think to myself, "Is he reading my mind?"

18. Bammer

Bammer

Nice drifting dude!:dopey: