First Tune Garage by JacobRPP

• Thread starter JacobRPP
  • 4 comments
Australia
Melbourne
Dr.Kras
Hey Guys
This is my first open tuning attempt.

I have been playing Gran Turismo since the first game came out, and I have always been thrilled by the intense racing of the series. I have mostly kept to my self, and found a lot of guidance in other tuners uploads, experience and comments.

But now it is my turn to go nuts.

I made some change to the layout of my Garage. I have renamed this page as First Tune Garage by JacobRPP and posted the tunes below.

Volvo 240 GLT Estate `88

Last edited:
If you plan to post a number of tunes, you may want to think about a garage name. For now I will link you in the FITT thread under the name First Tune.

I choose the Volvo as my first car, because I always loved to the Volvo 850 R in the BTCC in the '90s and I wanted to make kind of a tribute to those cars. So since the creators of the game have not included the 850 R in the game, the 240 GLT Estate '88 will have to do.

The car is meant to have same attributes as Volvos of BTCC, so I have almost max the car out on power. In this case I had to make a compromise, because at first I did not want to add the turbo, because the BTCC was all normally aspirated engines. But as I could not get no where near the power-out of the those cars, I had to put on the turbo.

I will be updating the car, as this is just a first initial tune.

For the transmission, I have stolen some ideas. I really like the guide to setup the transmissions from Praiano. So I have borrowed his approach to setting up my transmission as well.

I did most of the testing on the Ring.

Check it out below

volvo-240-glt-estate-88-jpg.102983

Hope you like it.

Attachments

• Volvo 240 GLT Estate `88.jpg
    Volvo 240 GLT Estate `88.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Back