First Update

  • Thread starter Thread starter vr46a12tt
  • 3 comments
  • 476 views
Messages
17
So, I've never updated my GT. I tried it for the first time last night. Unfortunately being on dial up it was going to take a while so I started it and left it running over night. Everything seemed fine when I went to bed, woke up this morning and the PS3 was off. I assumed that it had completed and restarted. Checked it and it still says version 1.00 I tried to restart the update this morning but now it's not giving me the update option when it starts up.

Any ideas? Can I start the update manually? Did it timeout because of my slow connection? Am I stuck on ver 1.00 forever now?
 
So, I've never updated my GT. I tried it for the first time last night. Unfortunately being on dial up it was going to take a while so I started it and left it running over night. Everything seemed fine when I went to bed, woke up this morning and the PS3 was off. I assumed that it had completed and restarted. Checked it and it still says version 1.00 I tried to restart the update this morning but now it's not giving me the update option when it starts up.

Any ideas? Can I start the update manually? Did it timeout because of my slow connection? Am I stuck on ver 1.00 forever now?

I don't think that the updates will work through dial up..... I cannot guarantee that, but I really don't think it will work... Any way to get somewhere that has "high speed" and DL the updates from that residence/place ? Also, you may be able to get the update data onto a flash drive and then install it onto your PS3 that way...... Again I cannot confirm, but a suggestion to try. Maybe some others who will comment can confirm or deny the two suggestions that I am not 100% sure with?
 
Probably because you started updating before the PSN downtime? They were supposed to be having maintenance last night.

They also added another patch, but that shouldn't have affected it.
 
Well I call it dial up, it's actually a USB data modem dongle type thing, but it's very slow. Maybe double the speed of dial up.

I had tested it the day before and it had reached about 13% so I assumed it would work given time.

I guess maybe it was interrupted during the maintenance. I didn't know that was happening last night. Do you think the maintenance is also the reason why it was refusing to restart this morning? I'll give it a try again tonight.

Thanks guys.
 
Back