FITT Adaptability Challenge. Finished congratulations toTheInfamousJEW6, Ale67 & Lionheart2113.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 257 comments
Awesome! Glad to have my first FITT win! Thank you to all the reviewers and also congrats to other podium finishers! Thanks @Otaliema for hosting this event!

We must have VERY similar driving styles because this is 2 for 2 of you being one of the best tunes I tested. Very well done.

As always I had a great time. Thanks to all the tuners for your work. I am sure this was an exceptionally hard challenge with so many variables to work around. Thanks also to @Otaliema for all the hosting and scorekeeping. You did a great job as always. I am ready for the next event whenever it comes up.

Apologies to all life had to take foreground. Congrats on Both tuners and Testers. And Especially big thanks to @Otaliema for being a great host and setting up and managing this challenge with great care and patience :bowdown:. Maybe next challenge around I won't be such a big disappointment. Excuse me while I smash my head on the door repeatedly :banghead: :D

Apologies to all life had to take foreground. Congrats on Both tuners and Testers. And Especially big thanks to @Otaliema for being a great host and setting up and managing this challenge with great care and patience :bowdown:. Maybe next challenge around I won't be such a big disappointment. Excuse me while I smash my head on the door repeatedly :banghead: :D
Life first GT second that's how we all look at it in FITT.
There is another challenge in the works right now. Finishing touches on it should ready to roll in less than a week

Well the main host is having second thoughts but got a PM about another event, The idea creator is polishing it up, we'll see where it's at in a bit. Might need to toss a quick match type event to fill in. 1 week tune 1 week test type thing.

A big thank you to @Otaliema for putting on this event! :bowdown::bowdown:

A second big thank you to all the tuners and their hard work :bowdown:...I learn so much about me and what I need to improve on from these FITT events!

Now that the tuners have been revealed, I learned that I really like the cars tuned by @Ale67 @Otaliema @shaunm80 @coryclifford @TheInfamousJEW6 ...in past events and seasonals, I have enjoyed one or more tunes by these guys. No surprise to me that these guys were my top five tunes...👍

I was surprised by the tunes from @xande1959 @lBt_33 as I usually like their tunes but I was a bit off with this car, PP and track combo...I will improve next time! :)

I did much better with the tune from @787bcgr vs. the last FITT event and I am happy that I made an adjustment to get more out of his tune. I am new to the tune from @DaBomm4 and I hope to improve my own adaptability as I go forward in these events. :cheers:

I apologize again to @Ridox2JZGTE - your tune was so different and I failed to adjust and find what was good with the car...my analytical mind took over and I was finished...sorry. :guilty:

The biggest disappointment for me was how poorly I did with the tune from @Lionheart2113 - I was so looking forward to finally driving one of his tunes and I couldn't bond with it. :embarrassed: I admire how well he tests cars and I strive to find his level of consistency regardless of the tune...I have work to do! Also, I need to figure out why the first tune that I test seems to get low DC scores from me...:boggled:

Real life is taking all of my seat time at the moment but I will find the time for another FITT event!

:cheers:

The biggest disappointment for me was how poorly I did with the tune from @Lionheart2113 - I was so looking forward to finally driving one of his tunes and I couldn't bond with it. :embarrassed: I admire how well he tests cars and I strive to find his level of consistency regardless of the tune...I have work to do! Also, I need to figure out why the first tune that I test seems to get low DC scores from me...:boggled:

I wouldn't worry about it too much @Bass Addict
To be fair your ship was sunk before even crossing the start line and I think these are the reasons why...

We are at different ends of the spectrum when it comes to driving setup (wheel/manual trans vs dpads/auto trans). Testers get along with certain tuners, that's just down to driving style. Take @Ridox2JZGTE , I struggle most of the time with handling his tunes,(he and I both know this:sly:) but you get someone like @danbojte or @OdeFinn driving it, they would smash it. But there have been a few of his tunes that have worked for me.

You went to a track with banked turns, my tune with its camber/TOE settings, wouldn't play well there.

I struggled getting a decent tune to work across all 3 classes, so I aimed for the bottom 2 and left the higher PP level out to lunch. Hence the two 1st place DC on cars with lower PP levels.

So even though I was the first one in your testing order, it wouldn't have made a difference. No need to beat yourself up on that one, especially since you spent the most time in my car than any other. It didn't have a snowballs chance, if you know what I mean, as I should have paid more attention to my cheat sheets when it came to the Spring Rates across the 3 tire groups. They were way too stiff.:ouch:

Sports:Hard
image.png

Sports:Med
image.png

Sports:Soft
image.png

Maybe next time my friend!:D

My cars are unique, it takes time to get used to them :D Don't worry too much, you are not driving my Auto Union Type C on CS yet :P It's a death trap :lol:

My only advice driving my cars is to drive it like you would a real car, don't expect it to be easy to get the last inch of it, its dangerous on the limit, it's not rocket ship :lol:

Last edited:
My only advice driving my cars is to drive it like you would a real car, don't expect it to be easy to get the last inch of it, its dangerous on the limit, it's not rocket ship :lol:
Thanks for your understanding...I have added your advice to my notes on your tune. 👍

@Lionheart2113 Thank you so much for your explanation...it helps me to understand my relationship to a specific tune/tuner. Your cheat sheets are very cool! 👍

Well, just so anyone who doesn't know yet, I am a month away from my wedding so my game time has gone down dramatically, and I probably will not get a tune out for a few months with how busy things are getting around here. I will still be keeping an eye on the forums like always though.
:gtpflag:

Well, just so anyone who doesn't know yet, I am a month away from my wedding so my game time has gone down dramatically, and I probably will not get a tune out for a few months with how busy things are getting around here. I will still be keeping an eye on the forums like always though.

Congrats on taking the leap! Hope you and yours have have a long and happy marriage! :cheers:

I knew it was close. Congratulations. Don't go off and get cold feet, let the stress get to you, and mind the family. Remember most everyone will be going crazy be the island of calm. And when it all comes down to it, the ONLY persons you should worry about making happy are you and yours damn to everyone else. They can deal with it, it's you two's day not theirs.

Back