FITT American Classics Shootout - Winners announced! Congrats NEWDRIVER2 and Motor City Hami!

Please put me down as a tester! I might not show off your fastest times, but at least I'll be some indication of whether a sloppy old man can keep your cars on the road ;)

All testers across the full speed and ability spectrum are welcome. Since you as the tester will be one constant across all tunes, what is important is your relative time for tune 1 vs. your relative time for tune 2. You have to test all cars in whichever class you pick (or both) in order for the scoring to work.

Have fun. I find it fun to test just to see how people approached tuning in different ways.

@krenkme and @XDesperado67 - I may be down for a '59 Corvette challenge between the three of us. I am going to tune the GT40 and attempt to pummel @MrGrado just to show my "win at all costs" competitive side. So I was thinking that tuning the '59 Corvette might be a way to show my fun side too. Plus, imagine the test drivers having to deal with three of those. :)

I like the idea... but I have not had a chance to get to play as of late (not a complaint, time with my lovely wife and my kids is AWESOME!!). I have 4 very rough tunes that will have to be posted as is. Just need to get my daughter to take pics and send me the specs before the deadline... one of them is the '59, so we shell see :dopey:

@XDesperado67 @krenkme @Motor City Hami You are all crazy, just for the record. I say bring something fun to the party. It's all too serious around here lately.

If we ever can gift cars, a 300C is being sent to you.... on Comfort HARDS!!!! :lol::dopey:

If we ever can gift cars, a 300C is being sent to you.... on Comfort HARDS!!!! :lol::dopey:

.......oh bother...... :scared:

Updates tonight for those that posted above. This time I know where I'm starting from!

Updated tunes to here...have I missed any testers? Planning to send a reminder out once all the tunes are in so let me know!

I wish more of you would tune with fresh oil!

As a tester, it sucks to build a car to one tuner's specs, and then have to buy a duplicate car and duplicate parts because another tuner did not change the oil.

Frankly, I am not going to do that. If I can't duplicate your specs because you didn't change the oil, then I'll use the power limiter to drop you to 500 pp. I don't think you want that, do you?

Edit: I'm not talking about the GT40--everyone is the same on that.

Last edited:
Yes, the oil issue was total FUBAR this time around. but oh well. We all know the circumstances involved, and we all know in the future wether it be oil or no oil, it will be the exact same across the board.but this time is the glorious first shootout of GT6 ^^, and we should all be happy. :)

Please don't go playing with power meters if its not in the build, lol. I know what your saying, but none of us want to win or lose because of a technicality. Next shootout everything will be uniform and different, lets just all try to get through this one without any hitchs? Please and thank you.

(By the way, I did an oil change, and I think I'm the only one with my car too, lol, so this doesn't even apply to me, just saying again, we don't want to win or lose over something dumb, it will feel cheesy. )

Is this still open for tunes? the entry date says the 26th but i keep seeing other dates being banded about

Yes, still open to enter as a tuner. The original deadline was last Sunday, but there were some adjustments to the rules so DB gave us one more week. Your tune needs to be posted by midnight Sunday, whenever midnight is on your part of the planet.

@DigitalBaka Right now I am only planning to test the Classic Muscle group. I will enter a car for both, but only planning to test for one.

Cars that I'll tune:
GT40
Classic Muscle - undecided. The car that I love to drive just does not power up as well as some of the others. Trying to decide whether to go with the best handling, but a couple seconds off the lap time pace or go with one that is going to be a tuning handful with lots of power.

Could ugabugaz post a complete parts installed list on his tune if possible, thanks, and could voodoovaj explain how to set up their transmission. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Yes, the oil issue was total FUBAR this time around. but oh well. We all know the circumstances involved, and we all know in the future wether it be oil or no oil, it will be the exact same across the board.but this time is the glorious first shootout of GT6 ^^, and we should all be happy. :)

Please don't go playing with power meters if its not in the build, lol. I know what your saying, but none of us want to win or lose because of a technicality. Next shootout everything will be uniform and different, lets just all try to get through this one without any hitchs? Please and thank you.

(By the way, I did an oil change, and I think I'm the only one with my car too, lol, so this doesn't even apply to me, just saying again, we don't want to win or lose over something dumb, it will feel cheesy. )
Only the 'Cuda and Challenger are affected at this point, so I could grind a little more to cover those duplicate cars and tuning parts. The Z28 is also at risk if it receives a new entry.

I will stop building cars until Monday after all the tunes are finalized and submitted. Until then, it's a waste of time and credits.

Wouldn't it make sense to just buy the 2 or 3 cars in question, last?
Build the non-oil, test it, log it, then change the oil and rebuild it on the B or C option in the stats screen, then test and log the oil versions?

If everyone has till Sunday, it would be the testers fault if they bought early, changed oil, and sunday morning someone submitted a non-oil tune for that car. We have what, like 7 people who haven't submitted their tunes yet? I know people are impatient and want to go have fun as fast as possible, but doing anything before the deadline would basically be at "the testers own risk".
I guess the best advise for testers at this point, is prebuild if it you want, but be smart about it? Lol.
I'd say, any car that costs more then 100k, I wouldn't change the oil till sunday at midnight.

Wouldn't it make sense to just buy the 2 or 3 cars in question, last?
Build the non-oil, test it, log it, then change the oil and rebuild it on the B or C option in the stats screen, then test and log the oil versions?

If everyone has till Sunday, it would be the testers fault if they bought early, changed oil, and sunday morning someone submitted a non-oil tune for that car. We have what, like 7 people who haven't submitted their tunes yet? I know people are impatient and want to go have fun as fast as possible, but doing anything before the deadline would basically be at "the testers own risk".
I guess the best advise for testers at this point, is prebuild if it you want, but be smart about it? Lol.
I'd say, any car that costs more then 100k, I wouldn't change the oil till sunday at midnight.
That all makes sense.

My mistake was thinking everyone agreed to change oil (except for the GT40's). And the first tunes I did for the 'Cuda and Challenger required oil changes, so I did that. THEN I discovered their non-oil-change counterparts.

Car: Chevrolet Nova SS '70

Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power:
438 BHP @ 5800 Rpm / 63.9 kgfm @ 3900 Rpm

Weight: 1385 kg

Performance Points: 500

Tires: SH

Suspension:(Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 95 Rear: 90

Spring Rate: Front: 12.66 kg Rear: 6.02 kg

Dampers (Compression): Front: 4 Rear: 2

Dampers (Extension): Front: 6 Rear: 4

Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 6 Rear: 2
Camber Angle (-): Front: 2.0° Rear: 0.6°
Toe Angle: Front: -0.12° Rear: 0.16°

Brakes: Racing Upgrade Front: 5 Rear: 5
Drivetrain (Fully Customisable Transmission)

Speed: 137 mph (I can't remember how I reached these figures, so just use the Max speed slider to set @137 if you are having trouble)

1: 4.214
2: 2.860
3: 2.079
4: 1.596
5: 1.293
Final: 3.005

Differential Gear:Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff
Initial Torque: R= 7
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 7
Braking Sensitivity: R= 7
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin-plate
Propeller Shaft: Carbon

Centre Differential: Standard

Power

Oil Change: Yes
Power Limiter: 98.1%
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer: SportsComputer
Exhaust: Semi-Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage:
Nitrous Oxide (N2O):
No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement: Yes

Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: 113kg
Ballast position: + 50

Last edited:
Happy to see a couple of Novas. I liked that car early on. Not sure why I didn't keep tuning it.
Its a bit of a pig, that's why! lol I don't think its possible to really turn one into a proper race car, its always going to feel a bit heavy and try to eat its tires coming out of a corner

Only the 'Cuda and Challenger are affected at this point, so I could grind a little more to cover those duplicate cars and tuning parts. The Z28 is also at risk if it receives a new entry.

I will stop building cars until Monday after all the tunes are finalized and submitted. Until then, it's a waste of time and credits.
Hello sir ,
Which one Cuda you talk about ? As we have two of them here, If mine say to me so i can look again on it please thanks:tup:

Its a bit of a pig, that's why! lol I don't think its possible to really turn one into a proper race car, its always going to feel a bit heavy and try to eat its tires coming out of a corner
The proper term is called, "Road Pig", lol.
And IRL it's not a hindrance, I've seen my share of street races growing up, and many many 1/4 miler's. We had a paved oval-type road, that was put there because they were going to build like 30 houses. However, after the road was completed, the project was put on hold for financial reasons, and the road just sat there, . . . For over 13 years, lol.
So here we have a road, that about 3/4's of a mile in length, in an oval shape, in the middle of the woods, down a side road that no one but the 2 farms on that road, ever goes on.
:)
Well, long story short, we had all sorts of 70's and 80's cars on it over the years. My cousin (mechanics school grad, restores for a living) had most of the real cool ones. The guy we know who had the Nova, had raced semi-pro (or so he said) a long time ago, and I believe him for the most part. He used that road pig to his advantage. The mere size and width of it makes it very hard to toggle around, especially if the driver of it matches your moves like a blitzed run play. 0mph to 30mph was junk on it, but even with all that weight, 30-90 was simple, and he went through those gears like it was a thought rather then an action. He took out many cars with it, mid 70's camaros, firebirds, someone even had a 80-something vette (crappy body, nice engine).
If I remember correctly, for 2 streight years in a row he took second overall among all of us. The only car that whipped us all wasn't what you would first expect. The infamous 89 rx7 with rust spots behind the wheel covers and a Fred flintstone passenger side floor for an ashtray. That engine was on spot though, and man that car could make fun of higher priced cars.

Anyway, long live the Road Pig, man.
Sorry if I rambled a bit.

Anyway, long live the Road Pig, man.
Sorry if I rambled a bit.
Don't worry, I love a good car story! I've always had a soft spot for muscle cars, they're ridiculous but wonderful. Simple, barn door engineering and huge, lazy engines make for an incomparable driving experience. It might not be the fastest or most refined way to get around but it puts a massive smile on your face every time that growling behemoth lurches into action!
I do like the nova, but if I had to build a competitive race car from that era I'd probably start off with a corvette something because the engines are just as powerful but the body is so much lighter. I only really did this one because I wanted to see if it could be done.

Don't worry, I love a good car story! I've always had a soft spot for muscle cars, they're ridiculous but wonderful. Simple, barn door engineering and huge, lazy engines make for an incomparable driving experience. It might not be the fastest or most refined way to get around but it puts a massive smile on your face every time that growling behemoth lurches into action!
I do like the nova, but if I had to build a competitive race car from that era I'd probably start off with a corvette something because the engines are just as powerful but the body is so much lighter. I only really did this one because I wanted to see if it could be done.
Funny you mentioned the vette as an example of a nice power choice, I have some experience with vette engines (not in depth, I was the helper to the mechanic involved). I come from a fishing family, my father owns a boat, my family has owned many many boats over the years. Not talking small boats, we're talking fishing traulers. Ever seen the movie "perfect storm" ? My fathers boat is almost an exact replica of that boat, and was actually built in the same shipyard in Connecticut as that boat and the girl captains boat in that movie.
Anyway, I worked for a lot of lobsterman during my teens for good cash, and the Vette engine is a popular one for those 30 footers.
They literally search through used car magazines and hunt down vettes between '75 and '85 just to buy them and rip the engine out of them, and replace their crappy boat stock engines.
Anyone who has worked as a mate on a lobster boat in the northeast U.S. knows a few things about old vette engines, as we all had to constantly work on them out at sea.
Beautiful engines, and I'll tell you this, that Chevy 'GROWL' the engine makes sounds awesome reflecting off the water in the harbor.

Stop making me ramble, lol

Back