FITT Tunes The GT6 Seasonals - Concept 1 Series @ Madrid - Results pending!

BMW Concept 1 Series tii '07 *revised as of April 2nd

480PP, 314HP/42.5kgfm, 1,221kg, 51:49, power-to-weight ratio: 3.88 kg/BHP

Rigidity improvement installed

Tyres
Sports Hard

Suspension
Full Custom Suspension
Ride height: 95/95
Spring rate: 4.80/7.20
Compression: 1/2
Extension: 1/2
ARB: 4/5
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: -0.05/0.05
Standard brakes: 4/5

Power
No oil change
Power Limiter: 98.3%
Sports Exhaust

Transmission
Full Custom Transmission
Set FG value to highest, set Max Speed value to lowest then apply the below:
1: 2.520
2: 1.945
3: 1.560
4: 1.270
5: 1.075
6: 0.937
FG: 4.050

Drivetrain
Full custom LSD
Initial: 5
Accel sensitivity: 50
Decel sensitivity: 5

Triple-plate clutch
Carbon propeller shaft

Body
Ballast: 0kg
Ballast position: -
Stage 3 weight reduction
Window weight reduction

The car was developed with "0 aids" condition - TC, SRF, AS, ASM, ABS = OFF. Logitech DFGT steering wheel with steering sensitivity 7 (supposedly no input lag). Although I don't think steering sensitivity makes any difference at least with this car but with PD's environment anything is possible so I take no chance.

Last edited:
so I'm testing. So far I've done all the laps in the actual seasonal time trial and was planning on running all the cars this way. I don't think that's an issue since they will all be run under same conditions. There's definitely more grip running them in arcade time trial but I figured it's a seasonal time trial tune-off so I'd run them all in the seasonal time trial. If there is some issue with this that I am unaware of let me know and I'll run them in arcade mode.

@DigitalBaka : Not sure if my replica is eligible, it has less than 480PP :P, I just wanted some testers to drive it :lol: As posted on my garage :

OHLINS R&T DFV BMW E82 1M Coupe Replica

Tuned to replicate Ohlins R&T DFV BMW E82 1M Coupe 475PP
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : BMW Concept 1 Series Tii '07
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 335 HP at 5400 RPM
Torque : 341.3 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 95%
Weight: 1495 kg
Ballast : 143 kg
Ballast Position : -4
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 - as in real life spec
Performance Points: 475

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Horizon Turquoise Pearl

Tuning Parts Installed :
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weigh Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - OHLINS Road & Track DFV Coilover Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 86 96
Spring Rate: 6.12 12.25
Dampers (Compression): 6 5
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 2
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.08

LSD - 1.5 way M Differential Lock LSD
Initial Torque : 38
Acceleration Sensitivity: 48
Braking Sensitivity: 20

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION -Corrected 1M Gearing and Final from 2011 model year
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 330kmh / 205mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.110
2nd 2.315
3rd 1.542
4th 1.179
5th 1.000
6th 0.846
Set Final : 3.154

Brake Balance:
7/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/7, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
The E82 1 Series M Coupe BMW 2011 year model, a must have for any BMW lovers in GT6. I considered the car as a spiritual successor of older M3 cars from the 80's and 90's. Call it M3 little brother :D, with it's compact appearance and wide stance, the sexy coupe is deadly on the track.

Based on the BMW Concept 1 Series Tii '07, this E82 1M Coupe replica is built incorporating one of the most famous suspension manufacturer, OHLINS.

Power is replicated at 335HP, with torque in real life in range from 332 to 370 ft-lb due to overboost function, I decided to set at 341 ft-lb without changing redline using intake and exhaust manifold.

The 1M weight is replicated at 1495kg, with distribution at 51.7 / 48.3 also replicated accurately via ballast weight and positioning.

For LSD, I tried my best to replicate BMW special M Differential Lock, with high preload and locking rate, but still allows for progressive smooth response. As it's not possible to replicate variable E-Diff, I focused on driving characteristics and traction behavior on the limit.

Suspension as I mentioned, using OHLINS Road & Track DFV Coilover Kit, with spring rate :

Front 60 N/mm / 343 lbs/in / 6.12 kg/mm and Rear 120 N/mm / 686 lbs/in / 12.25kg/mm

Damper has been tweaked for balance of street and track, offering great traction on all situation with balance that can be dialed by the driver at a touch of gas or brake. Ride height has been set based on recommended real life setup with slightly lower front.

The BMW 1M was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP and Silverstone International. When tested at Tsukuba, it managed easy 1:06s on comfort soft, and a best of 1:05s :D

ENJOY :cheers:

I was not initially planning to submit a tune after I realized that my tune for the BMW 135i Coupe '07 did not translate at all to this car. But I went ahead and started trying some new things and this is what I came up with. Honestly this car is whacky and more confused me as far as tuning than helped me I think. Who knows.

BMW Concept 1 Series tii '07
480 pp
316 hp @ 6,200 rpm
306.8 ft-lb @ 3,300 rpm
1238 kg
3.91 kg/hp
Weight Distribution: 50 : 50

GT Auto
Oil Change: NO
Improve Body Rigidity: YES

Parts & Power
Sports Hard Tires
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Racing Brakes
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Sports Exhaust
Sports Catalytic Converter
Power Limiter: 94.9%

Body
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast Weight: 17 kg
Ballast Position: +50%

Suspension (Front/Rear)
Ride Height: 100/105
Spring Rate: 5.80/6.70
Dampers (Compression): 2/7
Dampers (Extension): 5/1
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/5
Camber Angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle: -0.10/0.02
Brake Balance: 6/6

Transmission
Reset to Default
Top Speed: leave at default (180 mph)
1st Gear: 3.355
2nd Gear: 2.500
3rd Gear: 2.000
4th Gear: 1.610
5th Gear: 1.314
6th Gear: 1.080
Final Gear: 3.175

LSD
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 10
Braking Sensitivity : 8

Last edited:
OK, I believe I've gotten everyone's tune linked at the front. Testers, please get going! Be aware that there is a planned update on April 7th, so if possible try to have your testing done before that happens in case there are any physics changes.

@MrGrado has improved rigidity installed and @Ridox2JZGTE has an oil change. I decided that I will test also. So, looks like we have a few hundred miles to put on this weekend, or at least me. 👍

Edit: Fixed mistake.

Last edited:
Done! 👍
Thank you :) @DaBomm4 is correct with @Ridox2JZGTE needs an oil change as well, I could not find the oil change spefication on @MrGrado 's car am I just blind?
Edit his car needs ridigity installed. so 2 cars for oil, 3 cars for regidity. none for both
@MrGrado and @Ridox2JZGTE also have oil changes. I decided that I will test also. So, looks like we have a few hundred miles to put on this weekend, or at least me. 👍
Na just test the oil changes last that way you burn off most of it during testing and can just go hit daytona and put it on auto drive to clear the rest.

Thank you :) @DaBomm4 is correct with @Ridox2JZGTE needs an oil change as well, I could not find the oil change spefication on @MrGrado 's car am I just blind?
Edit his car needs ridigity installed. so 2 cars for oil, 3 cars for regidity. none for both

Na just test the oil changes last that way you burn off most of it during testing and can just go hit daytona and put it on auto drive to clear the rest.
Oops, @MrGrado has rigidity, fail on my part. And I would still need to burn off the oil before testing the rigidity cars.

I think we have it sorted now. @DolHaus @DaBomm4 @xande1959 @Bowtie-muscle @Otaliema @Ridox2JZGTE @MrGrado @JujiroMatsuda @backnfourth : please check this post to make sure we have noted your car correctly for oil and rigidity.

Testers, I'd recommend testing the no oil cars, then change the oil to test the other two. Rigidity cars may require purchase of a second car as none of those need an oil change, unless we missed something.

Hopefully everyone is familiar enough with Madrid that a course learning curve won't be a factor here.

I think we have it sorted now. @DolHaus @DaBomm4 @xande1959 @Bowtie-muscle @Otaliema @Ridox2JZGTE @MrGrado @JujiroMatsuda @backnfourth : please check this post to make sure we have noted your car correctly for oil and rigidity.

Testers, I'd recommend testing the no oil cars, then change the oil to test the other two. Rigidity cars may require purchase of a second car as none of those need an oil change, unless we missed something.

Hopefully everyone is familiar enough with Madrid that a course learning curve won't be a factor here.
Yeah that's fine mate, thanks

@DigitalBaka looks good man. Thank ya.
I personally would recomened getting a second car for the rigidity installment that way you have both should thiis car evver get picked again for a challenge you wont have to run off and buy one to install or not install it again.

Mine was definately no oil, no rigidity.

@DigitalBaka looks good man. Thank ya.
I personally would recomened getting a second car for the rigidity installment that way you have both should thiis car evver get picked again for a challenge you wont have to run off and buy one to install or not install it again.

-
so refuel oil when my car reached 1.000 kilometers them all.
not rigidity:cheers:👍

@DigitalBaka : Not sure if my replica is eligible, it has less than 480PP :P, I just wanted some testers to drive it :lol: As posted on my garage :

OHLINS R&T DFV BMW E82 1M Coupe Replica

Tuned to replicate Ohlins R&T DFV BMW E82 1M Coupe 475PP
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : BMW Concept 1 Series Tii '07
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 335 HP at 5400 RPM
Torque : 341.3 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 95%
Weight: 1495 kg
Ballast : 143 kg
Ballast Position : -4
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 - as in real life spec
Performance Points: 475

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Horizon Turquoise Pearl

Tuning Parts Installed :
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Weigh Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - OHLINS Road & Track DFV Coilover Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 86 96
Spring Rate: 6.12 12.25
Dampers (Compression): 6 5
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 2
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.08

LSD - 1.5 way M Differential Lock LSD
Initial Torque : 38
Acceleration Sensitivity: 48
Braking Sensitivity: 20

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION -Corrected 1M Gearing and Final from 2011 model year
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 330kmh / 205mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.110
2nd 2.315
3rd 1.542
4th 1.179
5th 1.000
6th 0.846
Set Final : 3.154

Brake Balance:
7/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/7, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
The E82 1 Series M Coupe BMW 2011 year model, a must have for any BMW lovers in GT6. I considered the car as a spiritual successor of older M3 cars from the 80's and 90's. Call it M3 little brother :D, with it's compact appearance and wide stance, the sexy coupe is deadly on the track.

Based on the BMW Concept 1 Series Tii '07, this E82 1M Coupe replica is built incorporating one of the most famous suspension manufacturer, OHLINS.

Power is replicated at 335HP, with torque in real life in range from 332 to 370 ft-lb due to overboost function, I decided to set at 341 ft-lb without changing redline using intake and exhaust manifold.

The 1M weight is replicated at 1495kg, with distribution at 51.7 / 48.3 also replicated accurately via ballast weight and positioning.

For LSD, I tried my best to replicate BMW special M Differential Lock, with high preload and locking rate, but still allows for progressive smooth response. As it's not possible to replicate variable E-Diff, I focused on driving characteristics and traction behavior on the limit.

Suspension as I mentioned, using OHLINS Road & Track DFV Coilover Kit, with spring rate :

Front 60 N/mm / 343 lbs/in / 6.12 kg/mm and Rear 120 N/mm / 686 lbs/in / 12.25kg/mm

Damper has been tweaked for balance of street and track, offering great traction on all situation with balance that can be dialed by the driver at a touch of gas or brake. Ride height has been set based on recommended real life setup with slightly lower front.

The BMW 1M was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP and Silverstone International. When tested at Tsukuba, it managed easy 1:06s on comfort soft, and a best of 1:05s :D

ENJOY :cheers:

Should we be using sports hard for the challenge because it is the maximum softness allowed?

Yes you got it right, my car has a hardened chassis but no oil change.

I actually had sold the original car and bought it again brand new. I don't personally mind buying several of these if required since the car's cost is rather cheap but what I'd like to do is to reuse tuning parts. Gear box and suspension alone usually cost more than the vehicle in many cases.lol

Should we be using sports hard for the challenge because it is the maximum softness allowed?
Yuppers, that's what I'm doing as we speak. I should have my testing done later tonight and will post results. Then I will go watch the top drivers replays and realize how slow some of the lines I take are, but only after all of your tunes are subjected to my average driving skill! :D

Also, my tune is marked correctly. No to oil change, yes to body rigidity.

Yes, please use SH tires on Ridox's tune. The tire differences are so great it wouldn't be fair not to.

Yes, please use SH tires on Ridox's tune. The tire differences are so great it wouldn't be fair not to.
I figured so but I just wanted to be sure. Now I just have to wait until tomorrow when I can use my PS3 for GT6 instead of Netflix. Girlfriend is watching a British TV series about being a midwife. :lol:

BMW Concept 1 Series tii '07 @ Madrid Testing Results

All cars were run for 10 clean laps in the Seasonal Events Time Trial. I started count with lap 3 as this felt like the first full lap when tires were warmed up.

@DaBomm4
Fastest Lap:1:33.907
DC:9
Comments:Good rotation through low and mid speed corners. Slight but easily controllable oversteer exiting corners. Felt heavy on the front brake. It was very stable but difficult to adjust the corner entry from high speeds. Very easily repeated lap times right around the fastest lap.

@xande1959
Fastest Lap:1:34.198
DC:8
Comments:Quick to get on throttle. Turn in for low and mid speed corners felt very good. Transmission set up felt fast but I never got into 6th gear (maybe intentional?). Brakes very difficult to control and made corner entry a challenge, especially when braking from high speed. I don't know if getting transmission set up for all 6 gears would shave a little time.

@Bowtie-muscle
Fastest Lap:1:33.555
Comments:Great speed. Braking was stable but heavy front brake made adjusting the corner entry from high speeds difficult. When I entered the tighter turning section just right it flowed naturally through corners with back end rotating and setting up well for next corner. Oversteer exiting corners was mostly manageable. A little more stability and control of rotation exiting turns and my lap times would have been more consistent and closer to fastest lap.

@Otaliema
Fastest Lap:1:33.566
Comments:Back end rotated when I wanted it to and felt planted when I needed it through turns. Entry, mid and corner exit felt well connected. Fluid through low speed corners and back end stayed put on the right hander before the 180 degree round-about. Brakes felt skiddy instead of grippy. Back end would come loose braking from high speed.

@DolHaus
Fastest Lap:1:34.376
DC:7.5
Comments: Braking was good, great distance. Making adjustments under heavy braking lead to some sliding. Rotated comfortably throughout whole turn both on and off throttle. Back end felt loose but stayed behind me except on the right hander before the 180 degree round-about. Top speed felt slower than other tunes, I think a longer transmission would fix this

@Ridox2JZGTE
Fastest Lap:1:36.066
DC:6.5
Comments: On mid to low speed turns while on steady throttle the car was comfortable and rotated well. Brakes were responsive and very easy to make adjustments under heavy braking. Difficult to manage all that torque exiting corners and the back end would come loose on the right hander before the 180 degree round-about. When off the throttle, suffered from understeer. I wished I could get on the throttle quicker because the car would rotate significantly better than coasting, it was just difficult to avoid oversteer. Transmission felt slow getting up to speed.

@MrGrado
Fastest Lap:1:33.529
DC:8.5
Comments:Transmission well set up for course. Braking was solid and easy to make adjustments even on hard braking. Mid corner rotation felt just right. Some noticeable understeer on corner entry and oversteer on corner exit at low speeds, but was not present at higher speed.

@JujiroMatsuda
Fastest Lap:1:34.119
DC:7
Comments:Rotation was good entering and mid corner. Brakes were solid but I would slide at times under hard braking if not in a straight line. This car would turn very easily. Back end was very loose and required very light touch on throttle throughout track.

backnfourth
Fastest Lap:1:33.103

Last edited:

Yeah, sure :) The tires listed are recommended range of use, you are free to use whatever the limit allowed 👍

All cars were run for 10 clean laps in the Seasonal Events Time Trial. I started count with lap 3 as this felt like the first full lap when tires were warmed up.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Fastest Lap:1:36.066
DC:6.5
Comments: On mid to low speed turns while on steady throttle the car was comfortable and rotated well. Brakes were responsive and very easy to make adjustments under heavy braking. Difficult to manage all that torque exiting corners and the back end would come loose on the right hander before the 180 degree round-about. When off the throttle, suffered from understeer. I wished I could get on the throttle quicker because the car would rotate significantly better than coasting, it was just difficult to avoid oversteer. Transmission felt slow getting up to speed.

Thank you for driving my replica :) The car indeed requires extra care with throttle and I tuned it in a way that brake and gas are responsive to the chassis. Did you let go of the throttle when coasting ? I would highly suggest to keep at least part throttle all the time to make sure the differential works it's magic :P The real variable M Differential capable of 100% lock and often reach it when the electronic aids are turned off while being very progressive in action :) - I tried to replicate the behavior from the reports of almost stock 1M used on AutoX, very easy to oversteer :lol:

Last edited:
Thank you for driving my replica :) The car indeed requires extra care with throttle and I tuned it in a way that brake and gas are responsive to the chassis. Did you let go of the throttle when coasting ? I would highly suggest to keep at least part throttle all the time to make sure the differential works it's magic :P The real variable M Differential capable of 100% lock and often reach it when the electronic aids are turned off while being very progressive in action :) - I tried to replicate the behavior from the reports of almost stock 1M used on AutoX, very easy to oversteer :lol:

I can definitely see how staying at least part way on the throttle would eliminate that understeer. I use a ds3 and the sticks for throttle/brake and steering. I'm not the most skilled with the throttle/brake control. I don't slam it up and down like I used to, but holding partial throttle or partial brake especially less than 50% is just tough for me. It was frustrating running your laps because I'd do everything pretty well and be way ahead of my split and then I'd get too quick with the throttle on one corner 🤬 and by the time I recovered the whole lap was blown.

I'll definitely give the tune another go, maybe on a track I'm more comfortable with and try to pay attention to coasting without coming completely off the throttle
I really wish I had a wheel and solid pedal setup.

@backnfourth try switching your throttle break to the triggers L2 and R2 takes a bit if getting used to but you can left foot break very easily compared to the sick use. I made that switch shortly after I started playing gt5 and it made a difference for me. Took me a good 3 weeks to get used to it.

@DolHaus
Fastest Lap:1:34.376
DC:7.5
Comments: Braking was good, great distance. Making adjustments under heavy braking lead to some sliding. Rotated comfortably throughout whole turn both on and off throttle. Back end felt loose but stayed behind me except on the right hander before the 180 degree round-about. Top speed felt slower than other tunes, I think a longer transmission would fix this
Thank you for your review, I meant to come back and retune the car but ran out of time unfortunately. That said, seems you got a decent mid ranked time out of it, I was expecting to be further off the pace because of the lack of refinement.
Thank you for your time

Back