Fix name of mod for Content Manager?

• Thread starter PavelK24
  • 8 comments
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Hi I love Honda ITR DC2 from atuhor: Psyyyched, Arch, this is one of best cars for AC, excellent physics and excelent model.
Problem with count of "total driven" cant count.

Problem is very long name of mod, which is problem for this function of Total driven .... I try some fix, which was succesfull with other mods
(shorten name of mods, and edit this new name in files in "sfx" folder and it runs now ok)
But there is blocked for this easy fix. Is there any way to fix this? Fix car, or some edit in CM for longer names?
aaa.png

itr.png

It's a path limit, not a file name limit. "Path" refers to all the folder names + the file name (e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Assetto Corsa\Ac.exe" is a path, while "ac.exe" is a file name.) Content Manager even asks if it should disable the limit when it's installed, IIRC.

I can't guarantee it will solve your issue, but it's the first thing I'd try (the limit is disabled on my system and I haven't had any such problems.)

It's a path limit, not a file name limit. "Path" refers to all the folder names + the file name (e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Assetto Corsa\Ac.exe" is a path, while "ac.exe" is a file name.) Content Manager even asks if it should disable the limit when it's installed, IIRC.

I can't guarantee it will solve your issue, but it's the first thing I'd try (the limit is disabled on my system and I haven't had any such problems.)
I try disable limit from 260 characters and without change. (path to mod is 86 characters) :(

I've downloaded and tried the mod, and it's the same for me - no mileage is recorded/shown. I believe it's an issue with the mod itself (the odometer inside the car also doesn't move while driving - it does in other cars.)

The reason I thought it might be related to the path length limit was that you said you fixed a similar problem with another mod before by shortening the file names.

Back