[FIXED] Anniversary Code not working to redeem

• Thread starter Hawker4
  • 18 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Florida
I've entered the anniversary code in the redeem codes section of account management and it is not working. It says either to check the code again or is no longer valid. Anyone else having this issue? I'm in the US and bought from GameStop.

I don't think it's working for anyone.

I don't think it's working for anyone.

Thanks for the quick reply! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me and maybe I got a bogus code or something. Interesting none the less that it's not working. :-/ :( bummer. Thanks again.

I'm from UK and successfully redeemed both my codes earlier today - Perhaps it's a US PSN general problem?

Do not bypass the swear filter.
I called Playstation US support and they said they are having problems because they are doing some maintenance to improve performance. They told me to try again later :(

I also found the following from Nov 29....http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/29/playstation-network-update/
"Update: Digital voucher code redemption in PlayStation Store is returning to normal, thanks for your patience.
Update: We are continually increasing the availability of voucher code redemption functionality. We appreciate your patience and apologize for this inconvenience.
We are aware that users are experiencing some disruption to the PSN service. To minimize the inconvenience we have suspended the “redeem voucher” functionality while we investigate further. Unfortunately this means that money cards, product vouchers, PlayStation Plus vouchers, PS3-PS4 upgrade vouchers and any other vouchers for digital content are not redeemable at this time. Other PSN features such as log in, online multiplayer gaming, PlayStation Plus trials, PlayStation Store (excluding voucher redemption), Trophies, messages, friends, etc are all available.
We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide an update soon."

Guess they still haven't got their **** together!

Last edited by a moderator:
I called Playstation US support and they said they are having problems because they are doing some maintenance to improve performance. They told me to try again later :(

I also found the following from Nov 29....http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/29/playstation-network-update/
"Update: Digital voucher code redemption in PlayStation Store is returning to normal, thanks for your patience.
Update: We are continually increasing the availability of voucher code redemption functionality. We appreciate your patience and apologize for this inconvenience.
We are aware that users are experiencing some disruption to the PSN service. To minimize the inconvenience we have suspended the “redeem voucher” functionality while we investigate further. Unfortunately this means that money cards, product vouchers, PlayStation Plus vouchers, PS3-PS4 upgrade vouchers and any other vouchers for digital content are not redeemable at this time. Other PSN features such as log in, online multiplayer gaming, PlayStation Plus trials, PlayStation Store (excluding voucher redemption), Trophies, messages, friends, etc are all available.
We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide an update soon."

Guess they still haven't got their **** together!
THAT'S why the codes won't work!!!!! I completely forgot about that. :/

That sucks, but at least now we know why they don't work. :(

After about 20 minutes and a dozen attempts, my code just went through (via the Account Management > Redeem Codes option in the XMB).

Keep trying everyone, it'll go through 👍

I have been able to redeem codes via PSN store on my vita, if you have a vita, try through there it should work.

FYI this was when the store was down, I haven't tried with the gamestop code yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back