[FIXED] GT6 Freeze

Denmark
Olstykke, Denmark
matthias2908
Hey guys. I dont know if this is the right place for this question, but here goes. I got a new PS3 Super Slim 500GB a couple of days ago, as my old one didnt work anymore. When i got home with it i installed GT6 right after i had set it up. It worked fine for 30-60mins (The "tutorial" and Sunday Cup), then I turned it off, and the next time i wanted to play it, it just froze when loading the next race season (The one right after Sunday Cup). I havent been able to play it ever since, it keeps freezing at the same place. I've tried to delete the updates and game data, but nothing works, now it just freezes when loading the game. Does any of you know of a solution to fix this? Thanks.

I know theres probably many other threads/posts like this, but they were from 2013, so i thought there might be other solutions since there's been some updates since then.

Maybe reinstall GT6 data, but always have a backup! Save your current data on a USB then reinstall...

Maybe reinstall GT6 data, but always have a backup! Save your current data on a USB then reinstall...
I already reinstalled it, but it didnt work. Well, I did backup my data before i got my new PS3, but something i installed on my PC overwrote the backup files and changed the name on my USB drive somehow.

I already reinstalled it, but it didnt work. Well, I did backup my data before i got my new PS3, but something i installed on my PC overwrote the backup files and changed the name on my USB drive somehow.
Switch your PS3 with a new one or get a refund...

My gran turismo does this too. I'm on a slim though , I have to move it around from vertical to horizontal all the time

Does yours not freeze when its sitting horizontal?
It depends on which track i play , on SSRX i have my ps3 horizontal ,
On nurburgring vertical etc.. Very annoying because If I don't do I my game will be in a loading loop at the start of the race where you get all the info before you actually start:irked:...

It depends on which track i play , on SSRX i have my ps3 horizontal ,
On nurburgring vertical etc.. Very annoying because If I don't do I my game will be in a loading loop at the start of the race where you get all the info before you actually start:irked:...
Hmm... Weird. I can't even get to the main menu at the moment, because my game either freezes when its loading or when im gonna type in my driver name.

Mine did the same. I'm on an old slum PS3.
This us what I did.
Befor closing the game you do a save and go back to mani menu.
Wait a little while and the close the game.
After closing the game wait about a min befor shuting down the PS3.
After I started this procedure my game very seldom freeze.
I think the game and the PS3 uses some files that's being edited and if you close down to fast the files are not closed correctly.
Cold be worth a try.

Mine did the same. I'm on an old slum PS3.
This us what I did.
Befor closing the game you do a save and go back to mani menu.
Wait a little while and the close the game.
After closing the game wait about a min befor shuting down the PS3.
After I started this procedure my game very seldom freeze.
I think the game and the PS3 uses some files that's being edited and if you close down to fast the files are not closed correctly.
Cold be worth a try.
I already got it fixed, but thanks anyways. :-)

Back