'Fixed setting races' should only lock power & weight ratios.

• Thread starter BIGBEN
  • 3 comments
I really can't understand this. It's fine if you want to lock the power/weight ratios, because that's how most RL races are governed, but everything else should be open to configure. Depending on the track and car I'm using, it's the difference between top finish or middle of the pack. Simple adjustments on the suspension, lsd and camber/toe angle can make some cars exceptionally easier to handle and quicker. Not to mention the trans setup for crying out loud. The racer should be rewarded for being aware of simple facts like; short track, fewer straights... hmm... I think I'll run those 4.11's over the 2.73's.

Not only is this more inline with RL racing, but it encourages those who are oblivious to figure it out... and enter the world of tuning, testing, tweaking and critiquing, which is the heart of..... drumroll...... competitive racing.

It's great for people who don't really know how to tune all these settings (like me) and esp. in the one make race gives everyone the same weapon and rewards the better driver and not the better tuner.

Of course nothing is stopping pd from creating another race where you can tune stuff like suspension etc...

I'm going to make a generalization here and assume... The vast majority of players don't want to spend hours testing and tuning before they can be ready for a race that only lasts 1 day anyways.

It seems wasteful in the current format.
Tuning in a weekly race? Sure. But most people don't have time to tune cars before every race. They want to maximize their playing time on track, not I'm the garage. Especially when that car\track combo disappear when they wake up the next day.

It's great for people who don't really know how to tune all these settings (like me) and esp. in the one make race gives everyone the same weapon and rewards the better driver and not the better tuner.

Of course nothing is stopping pd from creating another race where you can tune stuff like suspension etc...

How about both?! Some fixed and some open tuning would be great imho.

Back