Flattest Eifel Circuit?

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 13 comments
There might have been a number of sections that gave more chances to make flatty tracks, can't remember what it was (maybe 3 or 4). And not 100% sure of this, but trying to figure that one out could be a start. Then again, I'm sure you've tried almost everything already! :lol:

Pretty much. Although I hardly ever keep an eye on the elevation changes, I usually just eyeball the maps and start with something that looks fun.

I think tonight I will set the sectors to 4, 5 or 6 and just keep flipping through until I find something quite flat.

3 worked quite good. It generates tracks around 3-4km's mainly. And remember, the darker, the higher. 👍

I started messing around with this last night and came across a circuit that looked interesting, so I lost track of what I was doing and worked on it instead. :P Took me a few hours to get it the way I wanted, but added another great track to my list.

So....tonight I'll try to make a flat one. :)

I have a track with a 84 ft elevation difference (normal Eifel track , not kart).
Don´t know if you can get much lower. ;)

raVer

Remember, the fewer lines the track crosses the less elevation change.

I have alot of tracks with less than 100ft of elevation change, because that's my "magic" number. If I see a track with less than 100ft I will stop and tweak it to see if I can make a good track out of it.

Here is an example. As you can see it's not completely flat but it's got a very realistic feel to the elevation changes.

Last edited:
Played with this a little more last night. Found a bunch of tracks with 3 sectors that were under 100ft, mostly in the 80's. But none of them could come up with a configuration I was happy with. So, I changed it to 7 sectors all with a complexity of "9" and had some fun. :dopey:

Came across a track I really like. I call it my "personal Nurburgring" and will be posting it in my thread later.

Thanks for the help guys, can only do so much with what we have. :)

I found one particular setup that worked best for me, as I spent a lot of time playing with the terrain. I've noticed that the start/finish line is placed in a set, limited number of places. To get the best results, there is one "setup" I always use. I just cycle through the courses until it starts in the certain pattern. I believe HaylRayzor's track uses this setup, looking at the course map. These consistently create the flattest tracks I've come across, and about 75% of my tracks use the same "setup." Hope this helped. On a separate note, HaylRazor, your track looks great! Is it posted?

One thing I am unhappy with regarding the course maker is that most tracks are spread out, usually in a large loop. A lot of real world flat tracks are more compressed. (Dubai is a good example, Miller as well) Very rarely do I get a course map that brings the far side of the track in towards the front stretch. Then, get one of those that's relatively flat.

On a separate note, HaylRazor, your track looks great! Is it posted?

Just saw this.

Check out HaylRayzor's Haylacious Courses here.

If you want any of the tracks just let me know.

I usually go for flatter tracks because the course maker handles elevation so horribly.

You should really try Long Pine Raceway. It's not flat but the elevation changes feel very natural. It's the only 6-mile track I've ever seen (course maker) that feels this natural. I've spent more time on it than any of my other tracks.

Back