flawed game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter blizzard07
  • 26 comments
  • 1,811 views
Messages
1
I purchased the GT5 PS3 bundle. I'm not sure if there is a flaw in the game or if it is because it is the bundle. When I first turned it on, I never had to do an initial install. Each time it loads, it has to install. Also, after just the first lap, with any car, the tires begin to smoke and show red in the tire condition gauge. It doesn't matter what tires are on the car. Also, in the tuning section, there is no indication of what parts I have already purchased or what parts are not available for that car. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it an update that I need or is it a glitch in my game?

Thanks!
 
the install thing is normal, and for the other part, yes do an update as soon as possible
 
The only flaw I have found is the x1 challenge with a ds3
 
blizzard is my g/f so I was the one to point out these differences from my game. She forgot to mention that it also doesn't show the typical opponents in each race.
 
Update and change your brake balance

We would use the same exact cars, same exact mods, and the tires get burned out very quick on her game. They even smoke while not moving at all. Something is definitely wrong with the game.
 
We would use the same exact cars, same exact mods, and the tires get burned out very quick on her game. They even smoke while not moving at all. Something is definitely wrong with the game.

Are you racing A spec or are you racing online, also, what tyres on what cars have you been using??

Have you searched for existing threads that detail and talk about tyres and tyre wear in the game??

Yes, if you push the car (and tyres) too hard the tyres will go red and smoke, keep pushing them and they will stay red and smoke some more.

Tyres will still be smoking, even if you come to a standstill, after serious abuse or very heavy driving.

Even with exactly the same cars with identical setups, tuning and tyres, it is still very easy to have a difference between two people, owing to their individual driving styles, techniques, skills and speed. This can result in differences in things like tyre wear.

It is not a problem with the game, it is the same for everyone.
 
Last edited:
Are you racing A spec or are you racing online, also, what tyres on what cars have you been using??

Have you searched for existing threads that detail and talk about tyres and tyre wear in the game??

Yes, if you push the car (and tyres) too hard the tyres will go red and smoke, keep pushing them and they will stay red and smoke some more.

Tyres will still be smoking, even if you come to a standstill, after serious abuse or very heavy driving.

Even with exactly the same cars with identical setups, tuning and tyres, it is still very easy to have a difference between two people, owing to their individual driving styles, techniques, skills and speed. This can result in differences in things like tyre wear.

It is not a problem with the game, it is the same for everyone.

This has been in A spec mode. The odd thing is, we will use the EXACT same car with the EXACT same setup on it. When I play at her house, the tires are shot after about 1 lap on every course. When I play at my house, again with the EXACT same setup, I can go many laps without the tires being shot. So this makes me realize that this is not her, but rather the game itself.

Also, I am no GT noob. I have been playing every GT game that has ever been on the market since GT1. And believe me, I play them alot. I know when the game just isn't right, and this is one of those cases.
 
This has been in A spec mode. The odd thing is, we will use the EXACT same car with the EXACT same setup on it. When I play at her house, the tires are shot after about 1 lap on every course. When I play at my house, again with the EXACT same setup, I can go many laps without the tires being shot. So this makes me realize that this is not her, but rather the game itself.

Also, I am no GT noob. I have been playing every GT game that has ever been on the market since GT1. And believe me, I play them alot. I know when the game just isn't right, and this is one of those cases.

I haven't seen anyone else starting a thread or talking within a thread about this problem, which is why I was curious about it.

I don't think it is the game or it's a general problem within the game otherwise alot more people would be talking about it. If different people on different consoles were experiencing different amounts of tyre wear on the same car with exactly the same setup, specification and settings then I think more people would be making an issue of it by now.

On some of the threads detailing tyre wear and lap times, people have driven other people's cars with the same settings, specifications etc and have come out with similiar amounts of tyre wear. This has already been tested as there are other issues within GT5, such as grip levels varying between online, A spec and practice modes.

I am not doubting that you have an issue, I'm just saying that in the same situation other people have not encountered this problem, therefore I don't think it's either a general problem or a game problem, but this is only my humble opinon and I may well be wrong.
 
Could it be the controller, maybe the handbrake is depressed or glitched internally.

Might sound dumb, but hey...maybe
 
It sounds like a problem with the controller. Also, check the handbrake. Is there a little orange indicator on the HUD? I know that it's possible to get the handbrake to stay on without holding the button.
 
I haven't seen anyone else starting a thread or talking within a thread about this problem, which is why I was curious about it.

I don't think it is the game or it's a general problem within the game otherwise alot more people would be talking about it. If different people on different consoles were experiencing different amounts of tyre wear on the same car with exactly the same setup, specification and settings then I think more people would be making an issue of it by now.

On some of the threads detailing tyre wear and lap times, people have driven other people's cars with the same settings, specifications etc and have come out with similiar amounts of tyre wear. This has already been tested as there are other issues within GT5, such as grip levels varying between online, A spec and practice modes.

I am not doubting that you have an issue, I'm just saying that in the same situation other people have not encountered this problem, therefore I don't think it's either a general problem or a game problem, but this is only my humble opinon and I may well be wrong.

I appreciate all the input that you have given me. And I'm not trying to sound defensive or "cocky" but I know something is off. It's not just the tire issue. There is also no "Typical Opponents" menu that you can see who you will race against in each race. Also, when you go to the tuning section to buy parts, there are no indicators of which parts are already on the car, and which parts can't be purchased for that particular car. There was also no option to install the game at all when we first loaded it up. It just played. And no updates have been done to the game either, they don't prompt us when we load them up. I have her PS3 settings identical to mine.

And the fact that you mentioned that no one else is seeming to have this problem is bothering me lol.

Could it be the controller, maybe the handbrake is depressed or glitched internally.

Might sound dumb, but hey...maybe

Honestly I'm gonna look into that. Thanks for the idea. I'm at a complete loss for what's going on so I'll take any advice I can get!
 
OK, no problem.

Let's just start at the beginning and slowly work our way through this and try and apply logic to the problem.

Firsty:

What car is it (exact make and model)?
What tyres are on it - comfort / sports / racing (hard, medium or soft)??
Has it been modified in any way - if so, what modifications have been made?
What A spec race are you racing in?
Are you using steering wheel or pad?
What settings are each of your driving options set to i.e. traction control 5??

The more specific information you can provide the better it will be 👍
 
This is just one example, but does it with every car.


What car is it (exact make and model)?
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8

What tyres are on it - comfort / sports / racing (hard, medium or soft)??
Racing - Soft

Has it been modified in any way - if so, what modifications have been made?
All upgrades done in the tuning section (best mods for each category) BESIDES LSD, chassis reinforcement

What A spec race are you racing in?
Muscle Car Challenge

Are you using steering wheel or pad?
Pad

What settings are each of your driving options set to i.e. traction control 5??
Traction Control - 1
Skid Recovery Force - Off
Active Steering - Off
Active Stability Management - Off


I will do this race at her house, and the tires are pouring smoke after the first lap. I do this at my house, and the tires don't smoke at all through the whole race. We have the car setup EXACTLY the same way.
 
Ok dude, I'l try this out as soon as I get a chance, it's getting pretty late here and I'm grinding B Spec, so it'll have to be tomorrow if I get a chance. :)

Also, be careful of the ''bumps'', the moderators aren't too keen on them.
 
Have you tried changing the games with her? Using her disc on your console or vice versa?
 
Have you tried changing the games with her? Using her disc on your console or vice versa?

Yeah, good idea.

I'm open to any suggestions as this has got me baffled. I know tyre wear is different between online and A spec, plus I know that grip can be diffferent too (there's settings for ''real'' and ''low'' grip). But I can't get my head round why it would be different with the same cars in the same A spec race.

I was thinking there might be differences in the controller or something that is making the car turn harder / faster and therefore making the tyres smoke more.

But I'm well confused with this one.. :confused: :confused: :confused:
 
I dont see how it could be the handbrake issue. If it was depressed i wouldnt think you would be able to move forward let alone be able to make a corner. Also, the no "typical opponents" icon being missing just makes me think you got a defective disc. But, on the bright side you could probably sell that disc for more than the cost of a new game!
 
weird... on a side note a few of my controllers it seems love to cut out the directional control randomly for a few seconds.... sent me into the grass a few times...
 
Ok dude, I'l try this out as soon as I get a chance, it's getting pretty late here and I'm grinding B Spec, so it'll have to be tomorrow if I get a chance. :)

Also, be careful of the ''bumps'', the moderators aren't too keen on them.

Thanks man, I really appreciate you looking into this for me. The old lady says thanks too! Haha, and I'll keep the bumps in mind, I usually don't bump like a madman but this forum will push my question onto page 4 in like 2 hrs :ouch:

Have you tried changing the games with her? Using her disc on your console or vice versa?

Wow....would you believe I didn't think of this at all. Playing this game for so many hours straight is getting me thinking about cars and nothing else!

Yeah, good idea.

I'm open to any suggestions as this has got me baffled. I know tyre wear is different between online and A spec, plus I know that grip can be diffferent too (there's settings for ''real'' and ''low'' grip). But I can't get my head round why it would be different with the same cars in the same A spec race.

I was thinking there might be differences in the controller or something that is making the car turn harder / faster and therefore making the tyres smoke more.

But I'm well confused with this one.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

That's why I'm so damn confused...because we are doing the EXACT same everything in setting up the car, down to the window weight reduction lol. She is using a Dualshock3 and I am using the standard PS3 controller. I just have a hard time believing that might be the issue. But at this point it damn sure could be.

I dont see how it could be the handbrake issue. If it was depressed i wouldnt think you would be able to move forward let alone be able to make a corner. Also, the no "typical opponents" icon being missing just makes me think you got a defective disc. But, on the bright side you could probably sell that disc for more than the cost of a new game!

Yea it's not just the tire wear that is off about this game. Not only is there no "typical opponent" icon, but no icons representing which parts have been purchased for each car, or which parts aren't available at all for the car. I am confused!!!!!
 
It's also possible that the Physics engine & Gameplay software on the HDD is corrupted in some way, not the game disc itself.

You may want to try either reformatting the HDD, to delete any corrupted files, or getting a "new" replacement Drive.

Good luck! I know how tedious these problems can be.
 
My friend has this same exact problem you have OP. I was with him when he bought the game (bundle pack) and when he started it up. It never asked him to install the full game like it asked me, which took over an hour. Also, when he buys parts and installs them right away, the "blue check" never appears next to the part bought... very odd.
 
It's also possible that the Physics engine & Gameplay software on the HDD is corrupted in some way, not the game disc itself.

You may want to try either reformatting the HDD, to delete any corrupted files, or getting a "new" replacement Drive.

Good luck! I know how tedious these problems can be.

That's definitely something to look in to. I should have just never said anything and let her enjoy the game lol. But I couldn't bite my tongue, I'm too picky when it comes to gaming stuff. Thanks for the idea.

My friend has this same exact problem you have OP. I was with him when he bought the game (bundle pack) and when he started it up. It never asked him to install the full game like it asked me, which took over an hour. Also, when he buys parts and installs them right away, the "blue check" never appears next to the part bought... very odd.

Well that makes 2 of us on the entire planet lol. Let me know if he ever figures anything out, and ill do the same for you 👍
 
Here's some more food for thought. Is it normal that the tires pour out smoke even when completely stationary?
 
Have you got better damage in that version.
 
Back