Flickering on older ps2's????

deimos256
I remember people complaining about flickering in GT4 and i experienced this as well, but when TT came out i figured they addressed it, well when about 2 bikes or more are on the screen with me, or sometimes even just a ghost bike, the game not only flickers but straight up drops down into a nasty low rez mode. Anyone else experience this? is it something that is only happening on older ps2's????

Yes, I've noticed it too. It's exactly like you said, sometimes even cones will cause it like on the last corner of Infineon. It never lasts for longer than a second or two for me, and it doesn't really affect gameplay, but it is a little annoying.:grumpy:
I'm also using one of the old PS2's. I tried cleaning the laser lens to see if that would help, but it did not.:indiff:

yea exactly the last turn at infineon, but yea it doesnt last long its just annoying, im glad to see im not the only one and that i dont need to buy a thin ps2

Well I ended up trading my old ps2 in for a new one last night and just from one race i can tell that the new ps2 flickers alot less for me if at all, like if it was me and 2 bikes on screen it would drop real quick, but in that last race everything kept on truckin, also after a race when the standings board came up id get flickers, but tno with the new one, so i must say ive seen some improvements

go to options, race, screen display: simple, map display: off
or just turn off one or the other. leaving the map display on and screen display off seems to work better for maintaining resolution rather than the other way around. but ideally if you turn both displays off, the resolution is unhindered.
you get used to racing without all the info after awhile. it kind of makes you just focus on the racing more.

Back