"Flipping" transmissions

• Thread starter f_399
  • 15 comments
It used to be done in GT6 to customize the transmission to your liking?

Mostly in drag racing.

Seems different now and looks like things have changed after the update.

Before there was a mixture of moving/adjusting MPH slider, moving the final gear to 5.0(max right) then sliding it back all the way to the left(usually 2.0).

Anyone know how it is done now?

You can still do it, but you only get 1 shot before the game tries to revert your gears to the top speed after the flip. The gear spreads are tighter than gt6 in gt sport, havent seen it to be super beneficial yet.

What do you mean 1 shot?

What is the process now? Move the final gear to the right, adjust top speed then move the final gear back to the left?

I've been trying different transmission set ups for my drag tunes and what I learned is that you can't use the same transmission flip for every car. What i do for my 1/4 mile drag tunes, is use a racing calaculator which gives a good estimate of what my top speed should be and what final gear I should use based on the cars weight, horse power, max engine rpm, and tire diameter. Now this won't give you the best transmission tune, because you still have to go and tweak the gears and what not, but it is a good place to start.

PS_Messages_20171102_155224.jpg
PS_Messages_20171102_155148.jpg
PS_Messages_20171102_155204.jpg
It's weird now, indeed. But can still be done. And with some interesting results.

You'd be surprised how well it works. Managed to get cars to do 200mph in reverse gear.

Oh, I thought you were demonstrating how to achieve the tightest ratios for straight line speed and acceleration. 200mph in reverse sounds cool though.👍

Oh, I thought you were demonstrating how to achieve the tightest ratios for straight line speed and acceleration. 200mph in reverse sounds cool though.👍

Yeah, my buddy and I were teymma figure out the new flip and get it down to a process. We got some questionable results and are still trynna figure it out - we have made good progress.

Edit:
One thing worth noting. All the change in gears did little to raise a car's top speed. But launch traction, acceleration and handling are greatly affected.

Those really long-ratio gears handle really bad lol.

Hey guys. Soo who is enjoying GT Sport so far? For me I spent a lot of time completing driving school and quarter complete mission challenges.

Then I spent a load of time with scapes photos on certain cars and liveries for some cars. In between time a bit of arcade, and buying special paints and wheels.

I've only really driven the driving school cars other than that I've only driven the Subaru Impreza road car before the update which handled terribly.

I unlocked lobby for first time today and took the Toyota SFR thing for a drive. Haven't driven any other cars but I own 56 cars. 3 are gift or DLC cars and I sold the odd Peugeot RCZ or Toyota SFR which I won as prize cars.

I haven't done ANY car upgrades so far except except for lowering the stock ride height really. Seriously havent messed with anything but tyres. It seems you own every type of tyre compound for all your cars now.

Soo what's the score with BHP power upgrades say small to big cars? Example take a super low BHP car and whats thr max power output you can get out of It?

Not sure about this but don't different models of cars have more power level upgrades than others?

Here's all the cars I own.

Alfa 4C
Mito
Vantage Gr.4
V8 Vantage S
R18 TDI (Team Joest) '11
Sport Quattro S1
TTS Coupe
M6 GT3 M Power
I3
M4 Coupe
Corvette C7 Gr.3
Canary SS
Corvette Stingray C7
GT by Citroen road car
DS3 racing
SET Tomahawk VGT
Charger SRT Hellcat
Viper GTS
458 Italia
Focus Gr.B Rally
Mustang Gr.B Rally x2
Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Focus ST
Racing Kart 125 Shifter
NSX Gr.B Rally
Civic Type R FK2
Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
F-Type R Coupe
Veneno
Mazda LM55 VGT Gr.1
Roadster S ND
MP4-12C
SLS AMG
Mercedes-AMG GT S
A 45 AMG 4Matic
Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Rally
Lancer Evolution Final Edition
GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze
GT-R Safety car
GT-R Premium Edition
RCZ Gr.B Rally x2
208 GTI Peugeot Sport
RCZ GT Line
919 Hybrid
911 GT3 RS 991
Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy
WRX Gr.B Rally x2
WRX STI Type S
FT-1 VGT S-FR Racing Concept
86 GT
S-FR
Golf VII GTI

Last edited:
Hey guys. Soo who is enjoying GT Sport so far? For me I spent a lot of time completing driving school and quarter complete mission challenges.

Then I spent a load of time with scapes photos on certain cars and liveries for some cars. In between time a bit of arcade, and buying special paints and wheels.

I've only really driven the driving school cars other than that I've only driven the Subaru Impreza road car before the update which handled terribly.

I unlocked lobby for first time today and took the Toyota SFR thing for a drive. Haven't driven any other cars but I own 56 cars. 3 are gift or DLC cars and I sold the odd Peugeot RCZ or Toyota SFR which I won as prize cars.

I haven't done ANY car upgrades so far except except for lowering the stock ride height really. Seriously havent messed with anything but tyres. It seems you own every type of tyre compound for all your cars now.

Soo what's the score with BHP power upgrades say small to big cars? Example take a super low BHP car and whats thr max power output you can get out of It?

Not sure about this but don't different models of cars have more power level upgrades than others?

Here's all the cars I own.

Alfa 4C
Mito
Vantage Gr.4
V8 Vantage S
R18 TDI (Team Joest) '11
Sport Quattro S1
TTS Coupe
M6 GT3 M Power
I3
M4 Coupe
Corvette C7 Gr.3
Canary SS
Corvette Stingray C7
GT by Citroen road car
DS3 racing
SET Tomahawk VGT
Charger SRT Hellcat
Viper GTS
458 Italia
Focus Gr.B Rally
Mustang Gr.B Rally x2
Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Focus ST
Racing Kart 125 Shifter
NSX Gr.B Rally
Civic Type R FK2
Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
F-Type R Coupe
Veneno
Mazda LM55 VGT Gr.1
Roadster S ND
MP4-12C
SLS AMG
Mercedes-AMG GT S
A 45 AMG 4Matic
Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Rally
Lancer Evolution Final Edition
GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze
GT-R Safety car
GT-R Premium Edition
RCZ Gr.B Rally x2
208 GTI Peugeot Sport
RCZ GT Line
919 Hybrid
911 GT3 RS 991
Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy
WRX Gr.B Rally x2
WRX STI Type S
FT-1 VGT S-FR Racing Concept
86 GT
S-FR
Golf VII GTI
Sweet!

I have 107. And I thought I had a lot of cars lol. So i just won my 3rd toyota gt 86 gift car. A fair few of my cars are repeat DLC or gift ones.

Wasn't sure whether to delete them or have 2 each of every car with different livery. I dunno I can't decide.

I'm loving playing this game on my new LG OLED tv. It looks awesome! PS4 Pro 4k mode.

Last edited:
Back