Flying!!

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
AraB's Knight
Hi guys.. What I want to ask you is.. How do I accelerate in the beginning of race in driveclub.. When I played online.. Like sprints or time race the all go so fast than I do!! So what is missing here? Do I have to go with some way to play...in the other hand I love driveclub as hell.. So this makes me so upset.. so I registered in this website to contact you.. you guys are doing well!. So pls I need ur help.

Hi guys.. What I want to ask you is.. How do I accelerate in the beginning of race in driveclub.. When I played online.. Like sprints or time race the all go so fast than I do!! So what is missing here? Do I have to go with some way to play...in the other hand I love driveclub as hell.. So this makes me so upset.. so I registered in this website to contact you.. you guys are doing well!. So pls I need ur help.
Hey there. Sounds like it could be a couple of things. Are you using manual or automatic gearing? Manual will give you potentially a faster launch from standstill, though of course that depends on the car you choose also (some are slower on launch than others.)

My guess though is the controller. Are you using R2 for acceleration? I think that's a default control - anyway, I found with an older controller that I was falling behind other drivers and that even slower cars were catching up with me on straights. It turned out that the R2 trigger was worn out and as a result was only delivering about 80% power to the car. To test this, you could always re-map the acceleration control to one of the buttons for a test run on a track with a good straight (Scotland's BHR circuit maybe) and see if things improve. If it is that, unfortunately you'll need a new controller (unless it's under a year old) as the trigger buttons are the best for fine control of acceleration and braking.

Let us know how you get on.

Like MeanElf says,I think the most probable reason is a faulty R2 trigger.I had exactly the same issue and remapped my throttle to the X button for a couple of months whilst I waited for a bargain DS4 deal to come up.Honestly after a day or two adjusting, my pace was up there with trigger control,you just learn to pulse the throttle for control.

I've got experience with this problem, it was something that blighted my first year playing DC, it is something that is a design fault on the older Black controllers.

I was competing in some leagues during the early stages of DC i just couldn't work out why i was so far off the pace we're talking not about 1 or 2 seconds here but a ridiculous 5,6 and 7 seconds off the pace, i was even finding the tour events a struggle.

So i decided that i had to get to the bottom of this problem so i took apart my controller and what i found was the culprit which was a worn rubber contact on the R2 trigger, basically it had worn a groove on the contact effectively shortening your throttle by a third. I now use only Red controllers never had an issue since.

To test your controller without taking it apart.

I'd run a sprint challenge on Oliver's Landing Reversed.

1. In Auto
2. In Manual

my own experience in this event in a recent league it did prove that manual is much quicker, so this should give you an indicator as to the condition of you R2 trigger.

Hope you get to the bottom of it, there is nothing more frustrating.

I use the x button to accelerate and square to brake D-pad to steer. I find it lots easier for me than R2 and L2 and the toggle stick.
My son had similar trouble swapped his R2 to x button never had a problem since. Still uses toggle to steer and L2 to brake I don't know how he does it.

Drive the DS Survolt in cockpit view. You'll a number that goes from 0 to 100 somewhere in the cockpit. If you're giving the car full gas and that number isn't 100, then your R2 isn't working properly.

Hey there. Sounds like it could be a couple of things. Are you using manual or automatic gearing? Manual will give you potentially a faster launch from standstill, though of course that depends on the car you choose also (some are slower on launch than others.)

My guess though is the controller. Are you using R2 for acceleration? I think that's a default control - anyway, I found with an older controller that I was falling behind other drivers and that even slower cars were catching up with me on straights. It turned out that the R2 trigger was worn out and as a result was only delivering about 80% power to the car. To test this, you could always re-map the acceleration control to one of the buttons for a test run on a track with a good straight (Scotland's BHR circuit maybe) and see if things improve. If it is that, unfortunately you'll need a new controller (unless it's under a year old) as the trigger buttons are the best for fine control of acceleration and braking.

Let us know how you get on.
.yes it's truly help me when changing L2 to x button absolutely different.. Thanks to u all my friends.. Ireally appreciate your help <3

Latest Posts

Back