FM3 or FM4?

SuperShouden

(Banned)
SuperShouden
Alright, so, when I get an Xbox, I plan on getting the last three achievements(100,000 drift points in a single lap, 6th year [just started it] and golding every event) before I start on FM4. I still plan on buying FM4 and I might start it up to mess get the DLC cars and stuff, but...I think I'm gonna wait in finish FM3. Anyone else doing this?

Golding every event in the event playlist takes a VERY VERY VERY VERY LONG TIME. I have had Forza 3 for 2 years, play it almost every single day, and I am still only about 35% and I have not even finished season 6 yet. I am trying to finish Season 6 before F3 comes out. But I know there is no way I will ever finish the event playlist before F3 comes out. So that will be the only achievement that I wont have for F3. I know I will never get the "Solid Gold" achievement. Just way too time consuming especially with F4 only a month away. But in all honesty, I am glad the campaign was very long.

I also have some issue with the Connoisseur "Buy a car from every manufacturer" achievement. I bought a car from each manufacturer but still dont have the achievement. I am guessing it has something to do with DLC and I only have a couple DLC packs.

It took me incredibly long to get to 89% I doubt I'd even have half the patience to bother with FM3 when a shiny, new copy of FM4 is waiting for me.

In fact, I don't doubt it. I know I wouldn't have it.

It took me incredibly long to get to 89% I doubt I'd even have half the patience to bother with FM3 when a shiny, new copy of FM4 is waiting for me.

In fact, I don't doubt it. I know I wouldn't have it.

this squared, except for the 89% part

Alright, so, when I get an Xbox, I plan on getting the last three achievements(100,000 drift points in a single lap, 6th year [just started it] and golding every event) before I start on FM4. I still plan on buying FM4 and I might start it up to mess get the DLC cars and stuff, but...I think I'm gonna wait in finish FM3. Anyone else doing this?

Good luck on finishing every event. With your time invested in GT5, as well as in this forum, it will probably take you a good year to finish every event (or more), if you raced every day, multiple races. That doesn't count messing with online or livery.

Golding every event in the event playlist takes a VERY VERY VERY VERY LONG TIME. I have had Forza 3 for 2 years, play it almost every single day, and I am still only about 35% and I have not even finished season 6 yet. I am trying to finish Season 6 before F3 comes out. But I know there is no way I will ever finish the event playlist before F3 comes out. So that will be the only achievement that I wont have for F3. I know I will never get the "Solid Gold" achievement. Just way too time consuming especially with F4 only a month away. But in all honesty, I am glad the campaign was very long.

I also have some issue with the Connoisseur "Buy a car from every manufacturer" achievement. I bought a car from each manufacturer but still dont have the achievement. I am guessing it has something to do with DLC and I only have a couple DLC packs.

If I recall correctly, that was my problem as well. I think it came down to me owning some DLC...lets just say the 2009 Camaro for example. If I had that as DLC, and that was my only item for that manufacturer that I unlocked/bought with credits, the acheevo didn't pop. I went through and deleted all my DLC packs so that I could see which manufacturer needed the purchase (even though it shows which ones are DLC, it didn't work for me with them installed).

Once I removed all the DLC, and went through and bought an item from each one, up it popped.

Yes. If you have DLC content, you have to get a car from the new manufacturers introduced with the DLC content...that one sucked considering I have the Ultimate Edition. I at least wanna get the 458 and knock of the 100,000 points and the 6th year achievements before hitting FM4...Maybe, eventually, I'll go back and finish FM3...but...if it takes forever to finish, then, I probably won't get that final achievement.

" If you have DLC content, you have to get a car from the new manufacturers introduced with the DLC content"

Nope.

I want to beat the FM3 campaign, but I don't have the patience.
I overplayed it when I first got it and basically did everything.
I can;t see myself grinding it.

" If you have DLC content, you have to get a car from the new manufacturers introduced with the DLC content"

Nope.

That's what I ended up doing. I guess, however you could just delete your DLC content and get the cars from the stock manufacturers, but...whatever.

I only have a couple DLC packs so I need to delete those and then re-purchase the cars for those DLC? I dont think I am reading this correctly.

I only have a couple DLC packs so I need to delete those and then re-purchase the cars for those DLC? I dont think I am reading this correctly.

I think you need to:

1. Delete your DLC (or move it to a USB key and remove the key from your Xbox)
2. Go into Forza and go through and make sure you have a car from each manufacturer
3. Do one race

That is a scenario that has worked for "most" but not all people. I found it at the xbox360achievements.org website when I was looking to get mine to work.

Ok I will try that tonight. Thanks. I also heard you have to "Do 1 race" to activate the achievement. Kinda strange.

Well that was pretty much a disaster last night trying to get that Connoisseur achievement. I deleted all the DLC packs and figured while I was in there to just delete all the car packs to be safe. So I went through the process of deletign all the car and DLC packs from my hard drive after the hard drive finally loaded.

So I go to start the game and get the message stating I do not have the DLC and those cars will be removed from my garage. I figure heck with that so I go back and spend about an hour and a half re-downloading all the packs again. ONly to have the message come up anyway that says "you do not have the dlc your cars will be deleted". At this point I am an hour and a half way beyond frustrated. So I just load the game anyway. So sure enough cars are missing and I had to re-install disk 2. Which took another 30-45 minutes.

Over 2 hours later and still no Connoisseur achievement. Then to top that off some of my money wasnt returned to me from the auction house which means I lost about 40 million dollars of my 80 million. So I will just wait until about a week before Forza 4 comes out and I will attempt this Connoisseur achievement again.

garage.jpg

80 million ROFL, I barely can save up to 1 milly.....nice. I knocked out all of the endurance races after finally giving in to hiring a driver, I dont think I can finish the rest of the races because I dont have any interests in most of them. I love racing C-S class but really no interest in the R2 and R3 races anymore.

Most of my 80 million is from the AH and from selling designs but thats beside the point. Getting that achievement is a pain. I wont even mess with it again until after F4 comes out.

I spent some time last night saving vinyls and naming them according to the car. 2 per car. 1 for passenger side. One for driver since most of my designs cant just be mirrored.

Last edited:

I meant to finish all of FM3, but I never did. I put something like 500 hours into the game but still never quite finished all of the event list. (A good chunk of that time was spent in the livery editor, Storefront, and Auction House.) I did the vast majority of the events, but still had some yet to do, including most of the endurance races.

I finally unlocked the "Year 6" achievement. 👍

I started working on the event playlist but I am only 45% through that. So as I said before, I dont think I will be able to get that achievement. Just way too time consuming. The last one is the Connoisseur but I wont try for that again until after F4 is released.

Latest Posts

Back