FM4's >MISSING< Tracks & Circuits [Pictures Now Live!]

Philippines
Quezon City, Philippines & Las Vegas, NV
GTP_VanishingBoy
Vanishing Boy
-> Hi everyone! As promised, I'm developing a list of tracks/circuits that went missing in FM4. This is similar to the one I made in GT5's version but way more refined. As both versions will end up on my blog site for everyone to enjoy. :)

-> I opened up this thread because I need a bit of help with Forza vets. Comparable to other fans; I'm a noob, so the list will be refined as time goes on.

-> Errors and corrections will be updated ASAP when notified. So by now its still a rough draft list.

[FM1][FM2][FM3][FM4]

Austrian Alps {Austria / Original}

Alpine Ring (killed off) >R<
alpine2.JPG

[FM1]

Amalfi Coast {Positano, Italy/Original}

Nuovo Rally di Positano (name changed) >R<
photo.jpg

[FM3 / FM4]

Rally di Positano Full Course (killed off) >R<
IMG_9569.JPG

[FM3]

Stage A (killed off) >R<
IMG_9571.JPG

[FM3]

Stage B (killed off) >R<
IMG_9573.JPG

[FM3]

Stage C (killed off) >R<
IMG_9576.JPG

[FM3]

Stage D (killed off) >R<
IMG_9578.JPG

[FM3]

Air Force Base {Washington, USA / Original}

Autocross Track 1: Thunderbolt (killed off)
IMG_9623.JPG

[FM1]

Autocross Track 2: Intruder (killed off)
IMG_9624.JPG

[FM1]

Autocross Track 3: Harrier (killed off)
IMG_9625.JPG

[FM1]

Autocross Track 4: Tomcat (killed off)
IMG_9626.JPG

[FM1]

Autocross Track 5: Eagle (killed off)
IMG_9627.JPG

[FM1]

Autocross Track 6: Mirage (killed off)
IMG_9628.JPG

[FM1]

Autocross Track 7: Hornet (killed off)
IMG_9629.JPG

[FM1]

Autocross Track 8: Tornado (killed off)
IMG_9630.JPG

[FM1]

Autocross Track 9: Falcon (killed off)
IMG_9631.JPG

[FM1]

Autocross Track 10: Nighthawk (killed off)
IMG_9632.JPG

[FM1]

Blue Mountains {Australia / Original}

Raceway (killed off) >R<
bllumtn2.JPG

[FM1]

Le Mans: Circuit de la Sarthe {Le Mans, Pays de la Loire, France}

Bugatti Circuit (killed off)
IMG_9565.JPG

[FM3]

Midtown Manhattan {New York City, New York, USA / Original}

Street Circuit (killed off) >R<
IMG_9621.JPG

[FM1]

Short Circuit &#8216;00s (altered) >R<
IMG_9615.JPG
IMG_9580.JPG

[FM1 / FM2 / FM3]

Short Circuit &#8216;10s (killed off) >R<
IMG_9567.JPG

[FM3]

Rio de Janeiro {Brazil / Original}

City Track (killed off) >R<
rio2.JPG

[FM1]

Sidewinder Proving Grounds Test Track {Tuscany, Italy / Original}

Layout A: Boomslang (killed off) >R<
IMG_9584.JPG

[FM2 / FM3]

Layout B: Russell's Viper (killed off) >R<
IMG_9586.JPG

[FM2 / FM3]

Layout C: Death Adder (killed off) >R<
IMG_9588.JPG

[FM2 / FM3]

Layout D: Copperhead (killed off) >R<
IMG_9590.JPG

[FM2 / FM3]

Layout F: Diamond Back (killed off) >R<
IMG_9594.JPG

[FM2 / FM3]

Layout G: Malayan Krait (killed off) >R<
IMG_9596.JPG

[FM2 / FM3]

Layout H: Black Mamba (killed off) >R<
IMG_9598.JPG

[FM2 / FM3]

Infield Layout I: King Cobra (killed off) >R<
IMG_9600.JPG

[FM2 / FM3]

Tokyo {Kanto Region, Japan / Original}

Akihabara Circuit (killed off) >R<
tokyo2.JPG

[FM1]

Vancouver {British Colombia, Canada / Original}

Pacific Shipyards (killed off) >R<
shpyrds2.JPG

[FM1]

[Image Credits: Turn10, Microsoft Studios]

^ Thanks Guys! :)

^ In my opinion since we're both newbs. It very well depends on your learning curve actually, the original Rally di Positano is a blast but very tough.

-> If you don't want to go bald right way, I should say try each of the Sidewinder courses, the learning curves of each track (variations) are very specific to your needs. Good Luck!

:)👍

^ Hmm, you might seem quite right here. But I won't stop there as of yet.

-> I'm going to pull in my spreadsheet and tally each track. I still have to double check the track list on FM4, since I've been digging FM1, FM2, & FM3 too much! :scared:

-> Alright! The pics are now up! Tell me how it is, thanks!
That was interesting to look through, thanks for putting it together. 👍

FM4 would have benefitted greatly from reviving or hanging onto some of these. Plenty of great, twisty courses.

^ When I drove the Original Positano track, it was very rewarding and excruciating at the same time! In fact, I would drive this track more than Fujimi Kaido & Nurburgring combined! :sly:

-> The Sidewinder King Cobra track is also similar, but on a smaller scale. ;)

Having not played Forza until FM3, I would love to drive most of these (Brazil one not so much, LOL). I was never one to complain about 'Old' Courses that's for sure.

Having not played Forza until FM3, I would love to drive most of these (Brazil one not so much, LOL). I was never one to complain about 'Old' Courses that's for sure.

Rio De Janero is one of those "Easy to learn, difficult to master" courses. It's akin to Mugello in that regard. Nothing appears to be overly difficult, and yet getting a fantastic lap is incredibly tough, until the track becomes familiar. After that it is all out fun.

OP, what a fantastic post!

I' haven't explored FM1 at length, but the track layouts look fantastic. I sorely miss the tracks from FM2 and 3. And I just can't understand why they had to remove the bugatti version of Lemans and Camino Extreme reverse! They could have found a way to include Positani full and New York track on disc 2. What a waste of space.

This is why I have FM3 installed as well. Gotta love the tracks. The ring' just looks delightfully gorgeous!

Thank you very much for that list. I joined the Forza community with F4 so I had no idea that they were different tracks in older version. I think it is a shame that they dropped those tracks.

^ That is why I posted this list! So people like you, me, and other players who are new to Forza can be educated on what they were missing! ;)

Was the shipyards in Forza 2/3? I've played it in Forza 1 and it's a pretty awesome track. It should be clear why.

^ I will double check it out. As far as I know, Shipyards only came in Forza 1. I have all Forza titles so I'll be back to reply to your comments. :)

Forza 1 had the best tracks. Rio was attractive, Tokyo was at night, so unique to Forza. Alpine Ring was a nice, generic track and Blue Mountains was a beast to master, but very rewarding. Imagining that track with FM4's physics and audio is certainly food for thought.

I never played the original FM, so I don't know how well I would or wouldn't have liked the long-dead tracks, but the Sidewinder courses can stay dead. They felt so cheap and generic, and looked like crap. If this was GT, it would be a "Standard."

-> ...
Was the shipyards in Forza 2/3?
^ I just played FM2 yesterday for 2 hours. And no, Shipyards was never featured in any FM game after FM1. :indiff:

This just makes me want to buy an older FM game.

I'd love the older Positano..
^ Join the club!

MC0hWQtxvCjIqzc0emjRzekI7o5TtBuTnXVkzKOof54=w451-h601-no

;)

OP, what a fantastic post!
^ Thanks! :)

I' haven't explored FM1 at length, but the track layouts look fantastic. I sorely miss the tracks from FM2 and 3. And I just can't understand why they had to remove the bugatti version of Lemans and Camino Extreme reverse! They could have found a way to include Positano full and New York track on disc 2. What a waste of space.

This is why I have FM3 installed as well. Gotta love the tracks. The ring' just looks delightfully gorgeous!
^ I have the same issue back in PD with their practices... :indiff:

VXR
Forza 1 had the best tracks. Rio was attractive, Tokyo was at night, so unique to Forza. Alpine Ring was a nice, generic track and Blue Mountains was a beast to master, but very rewarding. Imagining that track with FM4's physics and audio is certainly food for thought.
^ I really do agree! After trying out each of these tracks, I really do see/feel the significance each of these T10 tracks. I do have the same feel whenever I replay older GT games! :(

Ive never played Forza 1, hopefully I can find it somewhere.
^ Don't stop believing! ~Journey

:D

I never played the original FM, so I don't know how well I would or wouldn't have liked the long-dead tracks, but the Sidewinder courses can stay dead. They felt so cheap and generic, and looked like crap. If this was GT, it would be a "Standard."
^ Lol wut!? Of course the some of the older tracks 'look' generic simply because its a re-hash from FM1 on which came from the OG XBox. The case is also similar from GT5 with its GT4 tracks! ;)

The very notion that T10 includes EVERY single track ever featured in a Forza game, in FM5, is not an unrealistic one.

Yes it takes time, but devs end up cutting the good stuff when there's half-assing going on somewhere down the production line!

I would be VERY surprised if T10 doesn't include previous Forza tracks in FM5.

This is one reason, why GT6 and upcoming GT games keep tapping me on the shoulder... I might find myself going back to Gran Turismo, JUST for the tracks.

Why they get rid of the old stuff to bring in new stuff to newer Forza games is beyond me.

Not the wisest of strategies to retain loyal fans.

P.s: Can't wait for PCARS!

Back