FM5 details?

So folks, April 2013 is here. The gaming industry's on the verge of introducing brand new consoles. T10's had a sweet run since FM2 came out...

Ain't no mention of FM5 features or details yet. When do you think they'll announce details officially? May.. June perhaps?

My personal assumption is that they'll push the game back a bit, outside of its usual bi-annual release schedule. Forza Motorsport 5 might just become a launch title for the new Xbox. Would make sense, in my opinion - although I wouldn't like to see that happen too muhc :lol:

Jeez, I load up FP and I end up going on a short goose chase for a Forza 5 announcement after seeing this thread. >_<

I'm hoping that Forza 5 brings newer features to the franchise and older ones gone absent from the series after the 2005 original.

I hope that FM5 will have a mix of FM4 and Horizon.

Aaaahhhh! This one's infected...get it awaaayy..get it away-hay-hay-hayy!

Jeez, I load up FP and I end up going on a short goose chase for a Forza 5 announcement after seeing this thread. >_<

I'm hoping that Forza 5 brings newer features to the franchise and older ones gone absent from the series after the 2005 original.

T10's got no excuse this time NOT to include all tracks from previous games. They've had ample time to make the changes or add new stuff, as well as the luxury of new hardware.

It's going to beeh HUGE. *Donald Trump style*

"Racing on Nurburgring in Ferrari 458 GT2* Oh Lord,There goes the thunder...and " *Xbox720 Error 00048900*I'm sorry for the inconvenience. You're console((Xbox720 tm)) seems to have been disconnected from the xboxlive tm services, Please reinstate connections for further play of selected content((Forza motorsports 5 tm)) If a initialization is not possible, please contact xboxlive tm main service international at (800) 469-9269 " Error 00048900.*

Last edited:
How true. If anything, with the current rumours it sounds like Microsoft's approach this time is going to tear apart any advances they made with the 360 and make a complete mess of it. My connection rarely drops, but it still doesn't sit comfortably with me.

As for FM5, if not a Horizon-esque open road, a varied test track experience like Millbrook in the UK with steep hills and a simulated UK road network would be a good move. Hopefully the move to blu-ray distribution will enable future Forzas to offer more open sections, without the festival additions. As fun as Horizon is, and still has decent physics, they aren't the main feature of the game.

I would welcome open road point to point racing in FM5 with wide open arms.

The original NFS had both circuit races as well as point to point racing. Some of the best race locations I had seen, at the time.

BTW, check out this page on Facebook: Forza Motorsport 5. Not sure if it's legit though.

I would welcome open road point to point racing in FM5 with wide open arms.

The original NFS had both circuit races as well as point to point racing. Some of the best race locations I had seen, at the time.

That's what I meant on my last post. A mixture of open road and circuit races.

I hope that FM5 will have a mix of FM4 and Horizon.
Oh God I sure hope not, Horizon should not have the name Forza on it. That is the only game I have ever bought that I returned for trade and I did so within a week of receiving the pre-order. Would be a big step int he wrong direction to include any of the Horizon elements in Forza 5.

They need to address car PI and performance issues and they seriously need to address some tranny issues with several cars having really strange gear ratios and costing a small fortune in PI to get a proper gear into the cars. Example all of the Pontiacs have a 4th gear that is much taller than it should be compared to the other gears resulting in poor performance unless upgraded to a race trans in order to adjust the gear. The GMC van stock gear is just crazy where even 3rd gear is way higher than it would be in any such vehicle and 4th can't be used.

Thus far in Forza 2,3,4 I see that the performance of several cars is all over the board and it makes no sense. The 962c race car for example. On Forza 2 it drives good and is reasonably fast capable of turning good times on the ring and other circut tracks. On 3 it handles very good but has no speed and is not capable of good times on the ring. On 4 it has rocket speed and horrible handling 70 mph faster than on 2 with much worse handling.

It seems that they just make it up as they go and then change it for the next game.

The main things they need int he next game is a valid PI for all cars and for the performace to be realistic. Speed and acc should be based on power to weight ratio as well as aero and tires but there are some cars that with a similar p/w aero and tires have a huge difference in performance and PI often with the one that has the better performance having a lower PI making many of the cars non competitive.

The trans is also a big issue, some cars such as the Hondas the PI actually goes down when you add an adjustable trans where other cars like the Pontiacs may jump in PI by 30 points or more. Very unbalanced in this regard.

Would like to see the the abilty to adjust the final drive via the Race Diff, or for the upgrade shop to offer Race Diffs with a few options on the Gear Ratio. This could help a lot but they also need to fix the gearing and make the race trans cost about the same for all cars and it should not be more than 2-5 PI tops.

They really should add the option to tune cars back into the Lobby system even if it is just int he private lobbies would be fine but it really needs to be there and was there in Forza 2.

Would like to see an option on the leaderboards to view times by track across all classes to see where the overall rank is on a given track.

They need to address car PI and performance issues and they seriously need to address some tranny issues with several cars having really strange gear ratios and costing a small fortune in PI to get a proper gear into the cars. Example all of the Pontiacs have a 4th gear that is much taller than it should be compared to the other gears resulting in poor performance unless upgraded to a race trans in order to adjust the gear. The GMC van stock gear is just crazy where even 3rd gear is way higher than it would be in any such vehicle and 4th can't be used.
Are you talking about old school pontiacs? If so, all of them only have 4 gears so yeah the last gear would be the longest, but still they top out at like 120 or 130.. That's very low. The PI increase from the trans is because your giving a 300-400 odd Hp car the ability to far surpass that original speed of 130, something that can not be done with a mere civic or a different 200 hp car.

Thus far in Forza 2,3,4 I see that the performance of several cars is all over the board and it makes no sense. The 962c race car for example. On Forza 2 it drives good and is reasonably fast capable of turning good times on the ring and other circut tracks. On 3 it handles very good but has no speed and is not capable of good times on the ring. On 4 it has rocket speed and horrible handling 70 mph faster than on 2 with much worse handling.
Like I said in the other thread that you seemed to ignore, the tire model was completely reworked in 4, and is waaaaay more realistic then any other. Cars in general are harder to drive this time around. Your complaint is because its harder, it doesn't make sense, but the reason why it's harder is because this has been the most realistic Forza so far.

The main things they need int he next game is a valid PI for all cars and for the performace to be realistic. Speed and acc should be based on power to weight ratio as well as aero and tires but there are some cars that with a similar p/w aero and tires have a huge difference in performance and PI often with the one that has the better performance having a lower PI making many of the cars non competitive.
They already do this. You can't expect to use the same car on every single track and expect it to be as competitive as a car that was built for one single track. A car with a great p/w ratio and aerodynamics is not going to do good on a track that has lots of straights and smooth simple turns. Pretty much the opposite can be said for a high powered heavy car with a twisty track. Like I posted in the other thread:

"The lightweight-low HP car is not going to be good in the straights, but it'll turn like hell. The opposite heavyweight-High HP car is going to be.. well the opposite. even though they are in the same class. Each car has its strengths and its weakness.

Car A will be horrible Class B races with many straights, while car B would be horrible in B class with twistys and lots of corners. Not one single car is going to suit every track.

As for the cars feeling different, wasnt Forza 4's tire model totally reworked? Wouldnt that make the cars feel different?"

All cars are different, just because they have similar stats does not mean they are gonna handle the same. There are a lot of things to take into account. For instance one car can have a wider track, or one can be longer and narrower. Engine locations is also a big thing. Width and size of tires. Torque can also make cars handle differently.

The trans is also a big issue, some cars such as the Hondas the PI actually goes down when you add an adjustable trans where other cars like the Pontiacs may jump in PI by 30 points or more. Very unbalanced in this regard.
Read above.

Would like to see the the abilty to adjust the final drive via the Race Diff, or for the upgrade shop to offer Race Diffs with a few options on the Gear Ratio. This could help a lot but they also need to fix the gearing and make the race trans cost about the same for all cars and it should not be more than 2-5 PI tops.
Why would it costs the same on every single car? Lambos and Hondas are two totally different cars so I don't see how the price of the trans should be exactly the same. As for the PIs on old muscle cars, read above

They really should add the option to tune cars back into the Lobby system even if it is just int he private lobbies would be fine but it really needs to be there and was there in Forza 2.
First reasonable thing you posted, and probably the only thing I agree on.

Would like to see an option on the leaderboards to view times by track across all classes to see where the overall rank is on a given track.
Mixing classes on a leaderboad serves no purpose and its not needed. Having them individualized makes much more sense as why would you want a leader board cluttered with f class while your looking at s class.

Oh God I sure hope not, Horizon should not have the name Forza on it. That is the only game I have ever bought that I returned for trade and I did so within a week of receiving the pre-order. Would be a big step int he wrong direction to include any of the Horizon elements in Forza 5.

It seems that they just make it up as they go and then change it for the next game.

A word on comparing lap times between F3 and 4, and in some cases GT5:

FM4's physics force you to be a better driver, so you'll need to put in more effort to keep the car going, and progressively start to post better lap times. Second, the tracks are generally longer and wider in FM4, so you cannot possibly expect to hit the same lap times.

GT5's physics make for easier driving; try taking the downhill gradual left hander after the start/finish grid at Laguna Seca, same car, full sim settings.. in both GT5 and FM4. You'll know what I mean). Therefore the whole argument about cars not registering lap times as good as the previous game, I'm afraid is a bit pointless.

I wouldn't know about the gear ratio thing, never driven a Pontiac.

I'm quite sure FM5 is solely a T10 product, and as such will extend and built upon what FM4 has achieved. Horizon was an experiment gone wrong, and I'm sure Dan and his team have come to terms with that.

Anything with the Forza name should not be casual, cartoony racing!

Personally I would be more than happy if they bring over the improvements they made to the suspension model and aero from Horizon to FM5.

As it stands the aero lift you get at speed in FH and the effect differing surfaces has on tyre traction is certainly a step forward from FM4, being particularly obvious (but not limited to) powerful FWD cars when trying to lay the power down, particularly on mixed surfaces.

Keen observation Scaff.

The same effect IS present in FM4 when driving high powered FWD cars.

Personally speaking, I'd rather T10 build upon the suspension model the way they upgraded the physics from FM3 to 4. Maybe even take both to the next level in FM5.

Baby steps like they say, can often lead to massively succesful outcomes.

Back