FM6 Career progression?

• Thread starter j4mmin42
  • 13 comments
United States
Philadelphia
NinjaVapes
I guess I'll make the inaugural post here in this sub forum... :)

So, I moved all the way across the US and am finally exploring my pre-ordered copy of FM6. In career mode, I'm in the first volume, on the third series (US something or other I believe?), and my question is, does the game continue to be this linear for much longer? I seem to be locked into having only one choice of series to progress into at a time.

Anyway, it's fine if this is just how it is, I'm just wondering.

I'm not far ahead of you, on the second volume and second series but my guess is that it stays linear until we complete the last volume and then you can go back and redo the volumes with different car types.

I may be wrong but I don't mind how it is right now, especially with the showcase events always ready for a distraction.

If you go into the career mode menu, there should be 3 options - continue career, stories of motorsport and showcases. Stories of motorsport let's you pick the race series that you want to do but it might not be available yet since you are only on Volume 1. I'm on Volume 4 and I've only just realised that you can redo any previous events with different cars etc.

Once you start the game it will require you to work through to the fifth volume, Ultimate Motorsports, once that's completed, all the volumes will be open to go back and complete events in the order that you choose. The only thing, you wont be able to select individual races, but have to select a division and run the races contained within usually three to six races.

Not true,I can go back and finish the others and I haven't unlocked 5 yet,tbh I found out quite by accident.:lol:
This is correct. I haven't even started the third, but I went and finished off every single class in the First.

I'm also going back and working through all the classes in one and two before moving on. That Stories Of Motorsport option's well hidden and I stumbled upon it by accident.

It's funny that they have a chatty narrator chick continually telling you about stuff you already know and yet they didn't include a pointer to this option in the script. The game's more linear than FM4's grid system but you're not as locked in as some of the reviews might have you believe.

Now that we've had more time with the game, it seems it's quite a lot less linear than originally thought. I mean, yes, it is linear, but definitely not as much as, say, FM3, which forced multiple years on you. In that game, you could go do single events separately whenever you wanted of course, but you can in FM6 as well, so long as it's no further along the career progression than you've done. Once.

Personally, I'm a lot less bothered about it now than I was during my review session. I thought the only career race options were the ones lined up in the Volumes - picking the one class per series, three times per volume - but now I realize I could always go back and redo anything from Volume 1. At this point, I'm on the first series of Volume 4, so not much is still locked out, and once I complete the last series in Volume 5, everything is unlocked for my own path. So that's nice.

One thing I have noticed, though: some of the locked Showcases have pretty specific requirements. Some require you complete other events with a particular car instead of just beat it generally, so you'll have to redo some of the Showcases if you don't plan ahead. Not much of a problem if they're fun, of course!

All I've done so far is complete the mandatory series of the first two volumes, somehow career seems to be the last thing on my mind at the moment, but I'll get back to it eventually.

One thing I have noticed, though: some of the locked Showcases have pretty specific requirements. Some require you complete other events with a particular car instead of just beat it generally, so you'll have to redo some of the Showcases if you don't plan ahead. Not much of a problem if they're fun, of course!

Glad I've read this, though. Thanks for this useful bit of information.

Personally I do not care for the so called career mode. Not crazy about racing the AI and not fond of the courses they have used in the first few races. Then again I did not like the career mode in FM4 either. Short races, poor AI slow to get from one race to the next.

In FM6 I really like that they expanded the rivals mode to allow you to run any car on any track and earn some credits while doing so without having to deal with the AI. I do a lot of tuning and in previous versions I also did a lot of hot lapping on the leaderboards so was earning no credits at all while doing that. In FM6 I have earned millions while hot lapping and while the rivals prize money is much lower than it was in FM4 it is great that you can get it anywhere in any car.

I am still hoping to see some longer career mode races that I can actually enjoy running a few times but so far I haven't found one that interests me.

I also think the mods thing is rather a silly thing to add into the game and really should not be there. Definitely no lap times gotten while using these should be considered valid for posting on the leadeboards but I do see at least one lap that appears to be using a HP increase mod at the top of the Daytona board in the Indy car. Max power on that car is 641hp but the replay shows he was running over 660hp which of course resulted in a time that can't be beat with a legit car.

Personally I do not care for the so called career mode. Not crazy about racing the AI and not fond of the courses they have used in the first few races. Then again I did not like the career mode in FM4 either. Short races, poor AI slow to get from one race to the next.

In FM6 I really like that they expanded the rivals mode to allow you to run any car on any track and earn some credits while doing so without having to deal with the AI. I do a lot of tuning and in previous versions I also did a lot of hot lapping on the leaderboards so was earning no credits at all while doing that. In FM6 I have earned millions while hot lapping and while the rivals prize money is much lower than it was in FM4 it is great that you can get it anywhere in any car.

Heh, FM4's Rivals payouts seriously broke the game. I mean, I loved them, and I loved gaming the system to win millions at Sonoma in a C425 Elise, but I understand why they've substantially bumped them down these days.

I am still hoping to see some longer career mode races that I can actually enjoy running a few times but so far I haven't found one that interests me.

While tuning isn't possible in them, I'd look into the Endurances. They're a lot of fun. The Moments in Motorsports tend to be longer, as well. I've run into slightly longer races later on in the main Volumes, but it does take some time invested.

I also think the mods thing is rather a silly thing to add into the game and really should not be there. Definitely no lap times gotten while using these should be considered valid for posting on the leadeboards but I do see at least one lap that appears to be using a HP increase mod at the top of the Daytona board in the Indy car. Max power on that car is 641hp but the replay shows he was running over 660hp which of course resulted in a time that can't be beat with a legit car.

Since T10 has repeatedly said any Mod-equipped lap times would be dirtied, then that must be either a glitch, or he's somehow already hacked the game. Either way, it's not meant to be that way. I haven't fiddled with the Indycars, do they have an air restrictor removal?

Since T10 has repeatedly said any Mod-equipped lap times would be dirtied, then that must be either a glitch, or he's somehow already hacked the game. Either way, it's not meant to be that way. I haven't fiddled with the Indycars, do they have an air restrictor removal?
That's good, setting the dirty flag would work out fine. Most likely that lap time will be removed from the boards at some point.

No restrictor on the Indy cars, only options are wheels and tires they all run 641hp and when well tuned for top speed can reach 248mph on Daytona. The guy currently at the top is showing something like 662hp and reaching 250mph.

I have looked at some of the endurance races and may give them a try before long not really that crazy about running multiclass races though.

Does anyone know what classes are available in the late volumes.

Currently at Volume 1 but I am not a fan of most of the Car Types but I think I'll enjoy Volume 4 and 5 once I unlock it.

Does anyone know what classes are available in the late volumes.

Currently at Volume 1 but I am not a fan of most of the Car Types but I think I'll enjoy Volume 4 and 5 once I unlock it.

I am in the middle of Volume 4 and the cars you can use include V8 Supercars, touring cars, classic high end cars, classic GT cars and a couple of other types that I am forgetting at the moment.

Back