Focus help?

United States
Colorado
Just Chyllan
Sooo I'm pretty familiar with photomode and photography in general, but the focus button has got me scratching my head.... So I've figured out the focus slider is just the distance where the focal range lies. So what's got me confused is the X "Focus" button. It doesn't change the focus slider to change the distance so what does it do?

It just changes the focal distance without altering the number to reflect it. It also marks the target as the frame of reference for Shutter Speed motion blur.

It just changes the focal distance without altering the number to reflect it. It also marks the target as the frame of reference for Shutter Speed motion blur.

The latter of the two makes sense to me. The first blew my mind, how can it change the focal distance without changing the number...? Because the focus slider IS the focal distance.

If you move the slider, it'll revert back to whatever focal distance it has set. I only use the X button to pick the frame of reference, then I use the sliders to fine-tune as necessary.

If you move the slider, it'll revert back to whatever focal distance it has set. I only use the X button to pick the frame of reference, then I use the sliders to fine-tune as necessary.

Ahhh gotcha, thanks for the reply!

Latest Posts

Back