For Honor

• Thread starter torque99
  • 8 comments
England
England
Released today on the PS store, has anyone brought it or played it? Reviews are a bit hit and miss after the beta but generally positive from what I can make out. I am interested to hear what you guys think. I couldn't see another thread either @Skygrasper550

Last edited:
I've spent quite a lot of time watching a guy stream his gameplay of this, and even as someone who has never spent much time playing these sorts of games it looks like it's a lot of fun. I tried the beta with a friend who does play these games though and it was just way too much for me, every fight I ended up pretty much button mashing with the odd bit of actual decision making and in the end didn't have much fun myself. For me it looks like a great game if you have experience/can adapt to the gameplay, but I am having enough fun with other games for now that I'd rather avoid spending all that time trying to adapt.

I'll just enjoy watching the competent players play it. :lol:

managed to play the beta on the last day, the only real complaint I have is the P2P networking that they chose for this game. Game froze on me 5 times as soon as a match starts and the supposed host gets disconnected. That aside, the gameplay is solid. The "Art Of Battle" combat system is a refreshing new take on fighting games and I love it. Will be picking up the full game later today or tomorrow.

just bought the game this past week, and so far it's good. Matchmaking is a bit of an issue because, while I haven't experienced (yet) disconnecting mid-match and the game suddenly freezing, finding a match takes quite a bit of time. Though once you do get to start a match and one person disconnects, re-establishing connection seems well-handled. I still do experience teleporting enemies, which is obviously worrying but so far hasn't been a huge annoyance.

Story mode! I can see as to why the game is always online. You can earn rewards in the campaign that you use in multiplayer, such as steel (in-game currency), or customization options such as engravings (holy 🤬 they look awesome). I like the Observables thing that are scattered throughout the maps. They reward you with dialogues from Apollyon that give additional insight into the game world and the events of each mission. Also, each faction's campaign has a challenging boss fight in some of their missions, which is a boon to players looking for a challenge and who might find the story mode tedious or boring after some time. The story mode is a bit short, but can be played and replayed with friends especially on higher difficulties. Each difficulty has a set of unlockables and trust me, if you want to get your hands on those beautiful engravings as quickly as possible (like, right now), make your life easier by hitting up a friend and doing the missions together on Realist difficulty.

Multiplayer, same experience as before in the beta, but with some added gripes. The Lawbringer, one of the characters that I was looking forward to using once I got my hands on the game. He needs to be buffed right away, because lots of reasons. Shame, he's one of the most badass-looking heroes in the game yet he's so aggravating to use.

@Skygrasper550 Great tips and read 👍 I didn't actually realise this was another online only game (as I do like to play offline sometimes) and my connection although faster now still disconnects occasionally. Not a problem though as the Crew, NFS and a few EA games work fine. I do wish Ubisoft/EA would give an option for offline in the future though as this has put more off rushing in to games in the past when I had slow internet. Otherwise I am liking the look of this game and will probably pick it up soon as the graphics and gameplay look great.:cheers:

Didn't even realise there was a threat on For Honor 👍

The Lawbringer, one of the characters that I was looking forward to using once I got my hands on the game. He needs to be buffed right away, because lots of reasons. Shame, he's one of the most badass-looking heroes in the game yet he's so aggravating to use.
Am in that exact same boat. The Lawbringer was most certainly the class I was looking forward to the most. By far. Especially with the whole "the most versatile weapon ever invented" shtick Ubi had going. I mean, yeah, he's great in 4v4 scenarios where his ability to control people comes in handy, but in duels? He just feels frustratingly weak.

And as much as I love the game's PvP, the story mode, to me, felt pretty meh. Granted, the story they had going wasn't even bad (for a fighting game) and I even thought there was some truth to Apollyon's statement that war and conflict is the natural state of humanity, so to speak. But as far as the campaign's gameplay goes... Well, I managed to get through the whole thing on realistic for Knights and Vikings for the unlockables and the way some enemies turn into huge HP pools is excessive. Dragged on quite a bit. I even gave up looking for collectables eventually.

It has taken me nearly 10 months but I got round to picking this up.

All i say is WOW. The detail on the PS4 Pro. It is all so clear and looks real. Amazing combat system and it guides you through it slowly. I am on easy to find my way but enjoyed the beginning training and chapter so far. I took a few screen shots to show the detail. :bowdown:

For some reason uploading to Flickr is making all my photos (black colours washed out??):indiff:

Latest Posts

Back