For the most realistic experience...

• Thread starter Pupnasty
  • 6 comments
What driving aids should I have on/off. If I've heard right, F1 cars have TC, correct? So leave that on and everything else off?

(Sorry for all the threads, just eexcited about getting my ps3 in like, 4 days... and I want to have a great time with F1CE.)

I believe there were rule changes in 2008 which took off the traction controls. If you are talking about the 2006 season (where the game is based on) then having TC would be a realistic experience, but if I remember correctly, these were supposed to kick in at 100kph. Then again, the new cars do have adjustable front wings...

You can go to the official F1 site to see what driving aids are allowed. At the moment I believe practically nothing is allowed. Traction control was the most recent driving aid that was banned by F1. So as another poster stated, turn everything off. In my opinion the biggest things to turn off from the get go are all of the totally fake stuff: the map of the track, the directional arrows for upcoming turns, etc. Turn off the driving aids after you get used to the F1 cars. Personally I find the game quite difficult but love it!

What driving aids should I have on/off. If I've heard right, F1 cars have TC, correct? So leave that on and everything else off?

(Sorry for all the threads, just eexcited about getting my ps3 in like, 4 days... and I want to have a great time with F1CE.)

2006 cars (which is the season this game is based on) had TCS, thats all. So yes, thats the setup you should have as the game physics will have been designed around this and anything else will have been progressively more simulated.
Just because nowadays they don't use TCS, doesn't make it the most realistic setup for this game, because there probably were some design differences to get the most out of such aids. (as well as the game's physics being designed around it).

Just got a ps3 today with this game and its awesome!!
I figured id go all out and turn everything off and had a time trial with wiliams on a few tracks.
I found it had a suprising amount of traction and it wasnt long before i got the hang of the sheer spead and stopping power of an f1 car.
Having said that if you take a curb to fast or slightly wrong youl spin 180 degres in a micro second!. Im using a g27 wheel and totally recommend it!.
Not sure what its like as far as the controller goes but really great game :)

cool,glad you like it too.i use my fanatec wheel and pedals with it and wow.like mentioned earlier..its hard but i like it!what times are you guys getting?so far 1:21:671 at hungary.that time is prolly laughable to the regulars here!hehehehehe

Back