For those of you who hate the vw bus...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nismolucino
  • 25 comments
  • 5,354 views
Messages
37
Messages
Nismolucino
Go buy one and max it out that thing is so much fun around the top gear test track after that, I just did a 1:20.276 pass with it using the ds3 and Im sure theres people out there that can do way better with a steering wheel.
 
Here's my bus complete with chrome paint


972lxw.jpg
 
I love my VW bus. I don't love the VW bus Top Gear challenge.
 
I love how you can easily set it up to have a rear end that gets loose easy but its so easy to control at the same time its such a fun car to drive, where did you get that chrome paint?
 
I think it was for owning 90 cars. Can't remember exactly.
 
I can't wait to see a drift video using the Buss :lol:
 
I still hate the VW bus.

My Dad had one when I was a kid. POS then, POS now. ;)
 
love GT5 hate VW bus and hate the top gear challenges, yeah it's a proper "special" event straight from special land.

i just don't inderstand it, the vw bus and the stupid handling lotus? did anyone actually play test this? if they did please fire them for lying it was fun.
 
You guys are idiots. The split window VW is one of the coolest cars ever made, no van is as desirable or stylish or simply as much fun as an old school VW van. Nevermind the practicality that goes with it...

It's also a perfect reason to PD to think about engine swaps. Twin Turbo Flat-6 out of a Porsche + Kombi = :D

 
Why all the hate? I found the VW bus challenge very easy, it was the damn Elise challenge that got on my nerves, but I ended up golding it anyways. Love VW Kombi-vans.
 
I actually own a VW bus. It's not a 23 window bus like the one in the game, ours is a westy, and I still hate the VW bus. There not a whole lot of fun to drive in real life either. There is no way you could drive a real one like you can drive the one on GT5. They are way, way to top heavy, you would just roll over. I actually think they are a little faster though in real life. Ours can get up to about 70 or so on a flat straight road with no wind in your face, and it does pick up speed a little better then the one on the game. The only good thing about ours, is my wife loves it and if she kicked me out I could live in it.

Here are my wifes VW's.

jenscars.jpg
 
Last edited:
love GT5 hate VW bus and hate the top gear challenges, yeah it's a proper "special" event straight from special land.

i just don't inderstand it, the vw bus and the stupid handling lotus? did anyone actually play test this? if they did please fire them for lying it was fun.

The challenges are very easy once you find out the AI's pattern.
 
I love the VW Bus! Not in GT5 though.

My grandad had one of these. It took him 24h to do a normally 4 hour MAX journey in it. Ahhh... good old unreliability!
 
Online in a private lobby with everyone on the VW Bus, it's great fun 👍
Slow cars can be fun too, IF you get everyone using the same on the right track, 2CV's on Daytona narrr not really lol, short track perhaps lol
 
lotus 111R on top gear track online is crazy, you get all the nubs with lag slidng, plus that car and that track dont mix well, i want the bus but dont want to pay for it
 
i find the lotus 111r from the dealership a great handling car and lots of fun around tgtt. the one in the challenge feels very different, kinda like it has flat tyres at the rear very strange.
 
I find the lack of attention to the AUP in this thread worrying.....

AUP
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

...you agreed to the AUP when you joined guys, so please ensure you follow it when you post.

Thanks

Scaff
 
Here's my 'dub. I must admit I quite enjoyed tuning it.

Bern-Marktgasse_3.jpg


Bern-Marktgasse_2.jpg


Bern-Marktgasse_1.jpg
 
The only time i found a use for the VW bus was chasing the delorean round the Top Gear test track, with Huey Lewis and the news playing on the custom soundtrack.
 
I have a fully tuned one. It's so much fun making the ride as high as possible and then rolling around everywhere on the Top Gear Test Track.
 
Here's my bus complete with chrome paint


972lxw.jpg

It looks pretty great in chrome paint to be honest. I've always liked the look of them but would never want to own one. Plagued by rust for a start.
 
Is there a 'flower power' paint item? :D
 
Back