For those using a controller..

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nick350z
  • 17 comments
  • 1,275 views
Messages
176
Messages
frontsidenick
Did you change your control layout? I put accel. on R2 and brake/reverse on L2. I also put shift up on X and shift down on square.
 
I just switched Accel/Decel to R2/L2. Otherwise mine is standard. I also mapped the RA functions, but I never use them.
 
Im using very same controls its easyer to get faster times with R2/L2
 
Before I got my wheel I used R2 as throttle, L2 and brake, R1 as shift up and L1 as shift down. That way it felt a little like paddle shifters :)
 
I use the X an [] for Acc and Brake => standard.

I have this since GT2 and I can´t do the R2/L2 thing which Burnout/NFS has as standard.
Maybe I´m too accustomed to the X and [] :D
 
I changed mine up coz i can :p l and r 2 make my accelerator and brake.
I have r1 and l1 for looking backwards so that if i'm accelerating or braking i can have a quick check backwards because i'l have a spare finger. Gear shift on the right stick. As for wipers and horn, they are up and down on the d pad but i can never remember which XD
 
I did have mine as X and square for accelerate and brake but then I broke a bone in my hand :banghead: so I had to switch to R2 and L2

Much prefer X and square though:tup:
 
r2 and l2 is what I use on my controller as well. Can't wait to get my cockpit built.
 
Did you change your control layout? I put accel. on R2 and brake/reverse on L2. I also put shift up on X and shift down on square.

I've always used R2/L2 thottle/brake.
I don't use manual trans much, but I think that maybe what I use on it.

What I wish is I could use my 360 controller.
IMO the DS is awkward and outdated. Sony should have had a re-design with the PS3.

I guess they're to proud to admit that Dreamcast, Nintendo, and MS know like I do, the best place for the analog stick is in the top left of the controller.
 
not buying a wheel controller until next gen game. so, yes, i changed accel to R2 and brake to triangle button. auto trans til i get a wheel. can't hardly advance in the game without changing accel to a lever once you get to higher powered cars... understeer!
 
I use the X an [] for Acc and Brake => standard.

I have this since GT2 and I can´t do the R2/L2 thing which Burnout/NFS has as standard.
Maybe I´m too accustomed to the X and [] :D

This,standard set up is fine by me.:)
 
my RS looks around..... look left RS left, Look right RS right, Look back RS back. RS forward Flash...... R2- Gas, L2-brake, L1 e-brake, R1- reverse, X-down shift, Square- shift up. the rest im not sure
 
same as above except L1 is look back as well, and "O" is e brake
 
R3 - Horn
L3 - ?
R2 - Accelerator
L2 - Brakes
R1 - Look Back
L1 - ?
Triangle - ?
Square - Brakes (Need to Change)
X - RA functions
O - Handbrake or as some of you above call it, E-Brake.
Left Stick Up/Down - Steer
Right Stick - Gear up/Down
Analog Buttons - RA Directions

I will update the full list later.
 
Last edited:
I changed mine to R2 as throttle, L2 and brake, R1 as shift up and L1 as shift down.
 
ive always used the x and [] as acc and brake. but i remember when i used to play midnight club L2 and R2 were the acc and brake. gonna try this in a bit
 
When I have to use the DS3, I use the basic right stick accelerate and brake, and left analog for steering. But I have RA functions. But I don't get how they work
 
Back