For those who think the handling is too forgiving in Forza 3

I have made a couple of tunes which I think do a really good job minimizing the effect of the speed sensitive steering and makes the handling quite a bit more realistic. Maintaining grip becomes much more important and I believe makes the game really fun. Push too far and you are punished unlike the stock game.

I uploaded a Koenigsegg ccgt tune to my storefront, Live Screename is warp2slow. I am curious what people think about it and if I should upload the others I have. I don't think the tunes are really suited for non-wheel players though.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how much you tune the handling out of the car, the handling will always be unrealistic for the tuned settings given.

That is true but I am happy with the results I've achieved as they are far better than I thought possible.(even though it's taken forever for each) I am having a lot of fun tuning and racing again after getting somewhat bored because I am in R1 class and the cars are too good.(very hard to lose control of most of them) I now really respect the Forza 3 engine as there is a feel to the grip which is on par with the best games on pc, but till now was hampered by the lack of any kind of punishment if pushed too far.

Turn 10 tried to make the game safer and easier for people new to racers but went too far imo. GT' s answer to make a separate physics for both is sloppy but at least it doesn't punish the more hardcore players.

Last edited:
GT5 doesn't have seperate physics, the beginner regular physics are simply more like Froza 3's in that there are modifiers that help you that you cannot alter. The base physics engine for each is the same, but when you select the regular physics you get grippier tyre's and I think you get a steering assist that smooths your inputs as well and possibly other things. But the physvis behind thoes aids and modifiers are actually the same.

GT' s answer to make a separate physics for both is sloppy but at least it doesn't punish the more hardcore players.
How is it sloppy? The noobs get a physics system, that'll hopefully be Arcade-only (with the licenses the more realistic physics should be easy enough for players), and everyone else gets to use the pro physics.

I don't see any other way of doing it that's better than that.
GT5 doesn't have seperate physics, the beginner regular physics are simply more like Froza 3's in that there are modifiers that help you that you cannot alter. The base physics engine for each is the same, but when you select the regular physics you get grippier tyre's and I think you get a steering assist that smooths your inputs as well and possibly other things. But the physvis behind thoes aids and modifiers are actually the same.

There's no way that the difference is in the tyres and steering alone. I'm shaving more than 10% off my lap times; that's 6 seconds around Eiger, in the easy-to-drive Audi R8! Not that my (pro) laptimes are that bad, but unless those new tyres are somehow resistant to all known forms of understeer and are very obliged to let you drift easily when you want without spinning too much, then it can't be them and the steering alone.

Back