Force Feedback feel during a slidePC 

• Thread starter MowTin
  • 3 comments
I have an old Logitech Driving Force Pro which I've had for years.

When my Formula Rookie car slides the force feedback pull is sometimes jumpy. It feels like the tires of the car are making little hops or skips as they slide. Is that how it's supposed to feel?

Can I do something to adjust for this? When I look at the FFB output, I see these oscilations but it's not clipping (if I understand clipping as when the graph hits the top of the range)?

Is this just a problem with my cheap wheel?

I haven't driven the formula rookie car much but It may be doing what you say it feels like. I have driven the kart a bit and you can definitely tell that the tires are leaving the pavement at times as you say hopping and skipping and you can feel that in the FFB. You fell it more on a higher end wheel but also depends on how you have the FFB set it the game and on the car in question.

This type of thing is much more likely on tracks with uneven surfaces than on a smooth track.

The cheaper logitechs also have a notchy feel to them due to the type of gears they use in the FFB system on those.

I have a DF Pro too and do notice this on some stretches of circuit on some cars, but I don't think it is a problem with the wheel.

I think it is a combination of a low centre of gravity vehicle at the edge of traction on a bumpy bit of track. I have felt something very similar in the past when outdoor karting in real life.

I have actually been very impressed with the DFP's performance :)

I have an old Logitech Driving Force Pro which I've had for years.

When my Formula Rookie car slides the force feedback pull is sometimes jumpy. It feels like the tires of the car are making little hops or skips as they slide. Is that how it's supposed to feel?

Can I do something to adjust for this? When I look at the FFB output, I see these oscilations but it's not clipping (if I understand clipping as when the graph hits the top of the range)?

Is this just a problem with my cheap wheel?
Let us know which track and corners you are talking about and someone can try and repeat it with a different wheel.

Latest Posts

Back