Force Feedback issues with Logitech G923

Germany
Germany
Hi,

I used to drive GT6 on PS3 with a Logitech G25 steering wheel. Now I have switched to GT7 on PS5 with a new Logitech G923 Trueforce and I’m facing some issues with Force Feedback.

FFB with the G25 in GT6 was fantastic! It gave me very precise information about the weight transfer within the car and the change of grip. I could immediately feel it when the car was losing traction or starting to understeer or oversteer so that I could react quickly. In addition, the FFB gave me accurate information about the track surface. When I hit the steep kerbs on Nordschleife, the FFB gave me a strong bump into the opposite direction. I felt like I was in complete control of the car and I could precisely drive it on the limit.

Now with the G923 in GT7 everything is gone! It seems like the steering wheel just wants to vibrate, but its FFB is pretty much useless when driving on the limit. The FFB is still there and it’s okay when I’m cruising around with moderate effort. But when I’m driving on the limit, I get very little to no information from the FFB about how the car is behaving. This way, I have to rely completely on visual and acoustic information. There will just be a sudden loss of grip and as soon as I can see or hear it, it’s too late to react. For example the IB-6 license test (M3 Sport Evolution on wet Red Bull Ring) is a nightmare to drive like this. Even when I hit the steep kerbs on Nordschleife, the wheel does almost nothing other than vibrating and the car just smoothly glides over the kerbs.

I have tried various FFB settings and I found out that max torque 10 and sensitivity 10 works best (or least bad) for me. When I reduce max torque to 1, the FFB has completely disappeared and even at 4-5 it’s still very weak. I haven’t noticed clipping at all. I have set vibration to 50 in order to reduce the massive vibrations that I had at 100. Controller sensitivity doesn’t seem to have much impact, so I have left it at 0. Assists are all turned off except ABS.

I have connected my G923 with a PC and checked the firmware with Logitech G HUB. It tells me that the firmware is up to date. My GT7 installation is on version 1.41.

Note that I had forgotten to put in the power cable when I used my G923 for the first time and installed GT7. The G923 was only connected with the PS5 and apparently it got enough power from it to make its basic functions work. So I didn’t notice my mistake initially.

I can’t believe that this is how the FFB is supposed to work. Otherwise the G923/GT7 system would be a huge step down from the G25/GT6 system. But I have no idea what might have gone wrong and how to fix the FFB issues. Please help!

In addition I noticed that the "right" button on the D-Pad sometimes doesn't respond. All in all I think that my G923 might be broken.
With this lack of FFB effects, it's ridiculously difficult to detect oversteer early and catch the car. This is becoming frustrating.
Is the FFB behaviour described above unusual or normal for the G923 in GT7? Will it be better with another steering wheel in a similar price range?

How new is the wheel and did you get it used or new? If there is a warranty I would contact them and see what they say. Buttons not working isn't cool. There are a lot of folks who absolutely love that wheel so I bet something isn't right.

@LOGI_Rich might be able to help?

Last edited:
Back