Force Feedback issues

• Thread starter PirovacBoy
  • 16 comments
Germany
Cologne/Germany
PirovacBoy
Hello People, today i encountered some Strange behaviour on my T300 While playing Project Cars 2.
I was playing for many Hours when all of sudden, it felt like the Force Feedback was almost non existent anymore.
The Wheelbase was cool, no Signs of overheating. The Fans were spinning and like i Said the Base was not even Hand warm.
My Settings are
Immersive
Gain 100
Volume 23
Tone 50
Fx50
At first it felt like the FX were completly missing, the Road Details were completly Gone. The Road felt Flat, no Bumps, like in GTS.
A few Minutes later i noticed that the Wheel felt super Light almost no resistence anymore.
Furthermore i had to steer way more to make the Corners like it magically changed from 900 Degree Rotation to 1080 Degree Rotation
The Base though was still cool. Absolutely no Signs of Heat.
Then i Switched off my PlayStation.
I waited a few Minutes and Started the Game again.
I recalibrated the Wheel and everything felt Normal again. After an Hour or so, the Same Issues started again and i have absolutey no clue what it could be.

I played GTS for 4 Years and never had any Issues with the Wheel.
Now, a few Days ago i bought Project Cars 2 and this Weird Problem occurs.

Does somebody know what causes these Issues?!
Is it a known Bug in Project Cars 2?!

Since it doesn't occur initially but only after a period of extended use, it does seem that your wheel is thermal throttling itself. Even though it might not be too warm to the touch.

Immersive is quite heavy on a wheel so perhaps you could try dropping down the gain a little to try and help the problem. Maybe give it a go at 80 and see if it lasts longer then work from there.

Also lowering the tone might help a bit since that will reduce the tyre effects that are already enhanced with immersive. Try it at 35 and see what you think.

Good luck! ☺

Since it doesn't occur initially but only after a period of extended use, it does seem that your wheel is thermal throttling itself. Even though it might not be too warm to the touch.

Immersive is quite heavy on a wheel so perhaps you could try dropping down the gain a little to try and help the problem. Maybe give it a go at 80 and see if it lasts longer then work from there.

Also lowering the tone might help a bit since that will reduce the tyre effects that are already enhanced with immersive. Try it at 35 and see what you think.

Good luck! ☺
I‘ll try your advices, maybe it’s really a thermal issue. I was thinking that the Volume would be causing the trouble but since I’m using the immersive flavour which by the way gives a lot Feedback already like you said I‘ll see if lowering the gain and Tone will have an affect.
Or maybe, I should just stop playing for hours…ahem, no :)
Anyway thanks for your tip :cheers:

Good luck! ☺

I'm not sure it was due wheel overheating. I had this problem 1 or 2 times when used T300 and that happened again last Monday. Since I now use Fanatec DD1, which is powerful enaugh, probably problem is another. I restarted PS4 and everything worked as it should again.

@IfAndOr hello there. I‘ve played around with the ForceFeedback over the past few days.
I‘ve tested the various Flavours to get an idea what they are about. Just to let you know, i think I have a pretty good understanding of what I want from a Wheel in terms of Force Feedback Information.
I started playing with Wheels in the early 90‘s in Arcade Halls on Games like Sega Rally or Daytona USA.
In the early 00‘s I bought my first Wheel a DFGT bundled with GT3.
But anyway back on topic, like I said I tested all the Flavours and think that each one has its pros and cons.
I personally enjoy the Immersive One the most.
As a Long time Car Driver in real Life, I can arguably ensure that it’s the one which gives the closest to real life Overall feel.
Lap time wise, the fastest one was the Raw Flavour. But it didn’t felt quite connected to the Road.
The Informative One was ok, it was a little bit of a mixture of both the Immersiveness combined with the flatness and directness of the Raw one.
I wouldn’t say unrealistic but somehow too much Videogame like, which doesn’t mean it’s bad.
I think it’s pretty much a personal preference thing which one one likes the most and feels most comfortable with.
But, I still have a question, and maybe you can explain it to me.
The thing is I yet don’t fully understand the meaning of the 5 Force Feedback Bars which are shown in the Graph.
I know that each one stands for a specific Range of Forces. 0-20, 20-40 and so on.
So the question is should I try to pay attention that each graph is showing Forces while setting up the ForceFeedback Values by combining Gain/Volume/Tone/FX ?!
Because what I noticed is, that I’m mostly in the 20-40% and 40-60% Range with very high peaks which are on par in that range. The Rest is absolutely not showing up any signs of forces being transferred.
My naive understanding is/was that by correctly setting up the Force Feedback, each Graph or the whole Spectrum of Forces should be covered or at least show any signs of life.
And by the way like you adviced me, I lowered the Gain and Tone and not only that the Issues didn’t reoccur, I also accidentally found my new sweet spot.
Of course I stayed with the Immersive Flavour but set Gain to 82
Volume between 37-40
Tone is at 30
FX at 25.
Those also work pretty well with all 3 Flavours.
The Wheel doesn’t loose it’s forces and feels quite firm even when playing for many hours.
So thanks for your helpful tips and thanks in advance if you can give me an answer regarding my little Question in this Wall of text :lol:

:cheers:

Good to hear you may have solved your problem

But, I still have a question, and maybe you can explain it to me.
Ah the bouncing bars. If you continue the analogy that SMS uses for the the FFB sliders that link them to an HiFi - gain, volume and tone - consider the bars as a display on a graphic equaliser that show the range of what FFB signals are being output. Informative has more 'bass' and immersive has more 'treble'. While Raw has a more even spread.

I wouldn't worry about them too much because it's what feels right to you through the wheel that matters. ;)

The exception to the above is the bar on the right, the red one. This displays what the game considers as FFB spikes (clipping), when it's outputting conflicting info that most wheels can't handle at once. Immersive and informative use inbuilt smoothing so you shouldn't see much action on the bar - unless you turn up the sliders! With RAW the bar is a good indicator to help you adjust the settings.
So thanks for your helpful tips
Not a problem. It's always good to help if you can. 👍

@Napalm_LT that's odd. I'd have thought your wheel could handle most things. Have you tried another USB port?

Obviously there is no way to be sure as every setup is different but what you describe is a classic sign of overheating causing the wheelbase to go into low FFB mode. All T300 wheels have this issue and the only fix is to reduce FFB so that it never occurs or to increase the cooling. I went for the latter and replaced the crappy $1 fan that is found inside the T300.

Obviously there is no way to be sure as every setup is different but what you describe is a classic sign of overheating causing the wheelbase to go into low FFB mode. All T300 wheels have this issue and the only fix is to reduce FFB so that it never occurs or to increase the cooling. I went for the latter and replaced the crappy $1 fan that is found inside the T300.
I think I’ll just lower the ffb then, didn’t happen though since I lowered the gain to around 86.
But good to know that there is the workaround with the luxury fan mod :) thx for the tip

Update on my FFB Settings
These can be used with all Cars and provide the best Driving Experience for me.
Gain 86
Volume 32 for GT3 Cars / 32 for BMW VGTB / 38 for BMW M1 Pro Car and Mercedes DTM 190 Evo
Tone 36
FX 55
The Volume can be tweaked individually by Car but anything between 32 and 38 works pretty well.
The other sliders are set up perfectly so I would recommend not changing anything besides the Volume.
Hopefully anyone reading this finds it helpful.

Last edited:
Update on my FFB Settings
These can be used with all Cars and provide the best Driving Experience for me.
Gain 86
Volume 32 for GT3 Cars / 32 for BMW VGTB / 38 for BMW M1 Pro Car and Mercedes DTM 190 Evo
Tone 36
FX 55
The Volume can be tweaked individually by Car but anything between 32 and 38 works pretty well.
The other sliders are set up perfectly so I would recommend not changing anything besides the Volume.
Hopefully anyone reading this finds it helpful.
Ill give it a go

Let me know what you think.
I think I nailed it pretty much spot on
tried it last night. it's pretty good to be honest. messed a lot with the settings before but never got to this point. thanks.

I did lower the FX a bit but that's a personal preference.

Last edited:
tried it last night. it's pretty good to be honest. messed a lot with the settings before but never got to this point. thanks.

I did lower the FX a bit but that's a personal preference.
I‘m glad you enjoy the Settings.
About the FX Slider, indeed, that’s a completely personal preference thing. I love these bumps and thumps, gives me an overall better feeling paired with the other Settings.
Btw, all the Settings have been adjusted to the immersive Flavour if that makes sense.
I haven’t tried them with the other Flavors as I prefer the immersive one to the others.
Maybe you could try to give the FX Value of 55 a Chance…:)
Anyway, have fun

Hi there, I did try your settings, it's good, a lot of feedback and information but way too strong for my taste, I have to reduce the gain to 50
I also like the informative flavor, it's more like GT FFB, it's nice to get the oportunity to change
Thanks for sharing

In fact after few weeks spent with your setup, I get back to informative which is more like asseto / ACC, immersive, it's fun but too much information and a really heavy wheel at the end of the day

My new setup
Informative
Gain 100
Volume 25/30 (car dependent)
Tone 30
FX 30

I've got to fine tune FX and tone, but for the moment it's OK with no clipping and no issues with my T300RS

Last edited:
For those interested, try to set the tone to 0, in fact it "clears" the FFB and you will be able to feel more information
This is true mostly for the informative flavor

Let me know what you think

Back