Force Feedback not working at all.

• Thread starter euniqe
  • 26 comments
Australia
Australia
Hey everyone,

I couldn't find anywhere else to post this as the official project cars forum is now closed to new members..

Anyway I was hoping someone could shed light on my issue. I'm running Project CARS on the PC and I have a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 wheel. Like this one: http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racing...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

It is even listed as one of the compatible wheels with Project CARS on their official website: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

The wheel works great with GT5, GT6 and Asetto Corsa. I love it.

It also works pretty well with project cars, too - I even get a gear indicator that I don't get with the other games and that's pretty cool.

However, the force feedback doesn't work. I'm not saying it doesn't work properly, i'm saying there isn't any. No feeling in the wheel at all. It doesn't auto-centre, either. It's simply as though the wheel is just acting as a controller. I have the correct drivers installed and everything (as I said it works fine in Asetto Corsa). I have tried all of the fanatec wheels in the options menu and all of the controls always work. Throttle is accurate, steering is accurate, but there is NO force feedback. I cannot feel the car through the wheel at all.

I was hoping someone would be able to tell me what I could do to turn the force feedback on as I can only find settings in game that tweak it, not activate it - or tell me if there's anything else I can do to fix this problem for that matter.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone,

I couldn't find anywhere else to post this as the official project cars forum is now closed to new members..

Anyway I was hoping someone could shed light on my issue. I'm running Project CARS on the PC and I have a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 wheel. Like this one: http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racing...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

It is even listed as one of the compatible wheels with Project CARS on their official website: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

The wheel works great with GT5, GT6 and Asetto Corsa. I love it.

It also works pretty well with project cars, too - I even get a gear indicator that I don't get with the other games and that's pretty cool.

However, the force feedback doesn't work. I'm not saying it doesn't work properly, i'm saying there isn't any. No feeling in the wheel at all. It doesn't auto-centre, either. It's simply as though the wheel is just acting as a controller. I have the correct drivers installed and everything (as I said it works fine in Asetto Corsa). I have tried all of the fanatec wheels in the options menu and all of the controls always work. Throttle is accurate, steering is accurate, but there is NO force feedback. I cannot feel the car through the wheel at all.

I was hoping someone would be able to tell me what I could do to turn the force feedback on as I can only find settings in game that tweak it, not activate it - or tell me if there's anything else I can do to fix this problem for that matter.

Cheers.
In the same boat with a Fanatec CSR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am using the CSR Elite, Feedback is fine but am getting lag at times in the controls causing major issues getting round the track.

Wow i thought it was a problem with my specific wheel, but maybe it's just a fanatec thing? I'm dissapointed tbh, this looked like such a promising game. baffled at how they list compatibility yet it doesn't actually work properly..

Have you looked at the controls configuration down near the bottom at the Force Feedback setting? I am at 100 there and 100 on my wheel

I have not touched any of the other FFB settings in the game as of yet.

It appears my issues above may have been due to plugging into a USB3 port

Make sure you use Driver v205 and the latest firmware for your wheel. :)

As for an installing tip to make sure it installs cleanly...

When I test Fanatec in-house alpha drivers or firmware I always do the following. Just so I know every registery change is passed over by Windows upon boot.

1. Uninstall old drivers
2. Reboot PC
3. Install new drivers
4. Reboot PC
5. Update firmware
6. Reboot PC and wheel
7. Recalibrate wheel center
8. Reboot wheel
9. Check wheel and pedal operation and calibration in the Fanatec Driver properties
10. Boot the game if all is fine

It's a bit of a round-a-bout way of doing it, but it's the secure way. This way there won't be cross contamination with old drivers and so on.

3 reboots of the PC seems a bit overboard. I am not sure a reboot is needed at all, surely not 3 of them.

3 reboots of the PC seems a bit overboard. I am not sure a reboot is needed at all, surely not 3 of them.

I said it's a fail-safe way, but not stating its necessary under normal circumstances. Alpha drivers can be tricky and not always work properly, hence I always do it the hard way out of habbit.

It's kinda the same habbit as deleting my Project CARS profile every new build. Just silly things you get used to doing.

In any case, I was just giving you that manner of going about it for if all fails to make sure it's not due to an installation registration fault one way or another.
In the very least I do suggest you reboot after the uninstall of the old driver, so that Windows cleans up the registry entries properly.

PS4 version - CSR Wheel w/ CSR Elite pedals

For me, incredibly weak FFB when driving (barely feel curbs, and some curbs, no feel at all), but there are so many FFB options in the menu I don't know where to begin.

But, the worst one that happened to me, I pulled over, and when I did, the wheel RIPPED to one direction (taking my thumb with it :( ). Below about 3km/h, its like the FFB inverts and becomes a LOT stronger. When pulled over, the wheel cranks to one direction, then if you pull it back to center and go past center, it'll crank to the other direction.

Anyone else noticed this?

Lack of force feedback for me as well. Xbox one,TX458, CPX adapter combination.

I'm in the same boat as you mate. Why couldn't the default settings just work well? Now I can't even play the game because I have no idea what to change in the settings to fix this

Guys make sure to calibrate your wheel in the game. The game makes you turn the wheel fully to the left and then 90º. But make sure when you are at 90º the number that you see below represents the overall degrees of your wheel. For example 900º should be down if you are using one with 900º and so on.

Basically this (at 25:47):

Also to add a little bit of rigidity in the wheel, all cars have a FFB specific setting. You need to go to the garage, select the car you want and check the "Force Feedback" tab. The first option is called "Master Scale" and this one is at 26 for every car by default.
If you want some more movement and overall feeling in your wheel you should play with that setting and then save it for "All tracks" so the FFB of that car stays the same like being the new "default" setup.

In a G27 for example in my case for Prototypes, Karts and Formulas I put it at 70 and it feels right. For GT and DTM, Clio Cup, I put it at 50.
Then the road cars should be tested a little bit more because each one is different on its own way...a 50 value should work as well but depends in how you like to feel the "weight" and movement of your wheel on each car.

For me, incredibly weak FFB when driving (barely feel curbs, and some curbs, no feel at all), but there are so many FFB options in the menu I don't know where to begin.

Below about 3km/h, its like the FFB inverts and becomes a LOT stronger. When pulled over, the wheel cranks to one direction, then if you pull it back to center and go past center, it'll crank to the other direction.

Most of that sounds about right for realism. Not sure about the very last bit though.

Without being able to feel what we'd usually get through the body rather than the steering wheel of a car, many people prefer to add extra effects to their ffb. They should be in there somewhere. Since SMS has gone to the trouble of doing realistic ffb (and not just a load of canned effects), you might want to challenge your thinking on what gives you the best information through the wheel though. In Assetto Corsa for example I choose to use very little of the added effects as they tend to confuse the real stuff. I do however have a bit of curb ffb added just because it's fun.

Disclaimer - I have a 3dof motion rig. Without it, I would possibly use more added effects.

A bit of a tip (I'm on PS4)... I was in a race earlier and had NO FFB except for a center spring type of effect. I thought it might have been the car, or the track, or both, so I went out of the track and back in with a different car and the FFB worked fine. Tried another car, worked fine, went back to the ORIGINAL car that had no FFB and that worked fine too.

If you go into a session and have no FFB, leave the race and go back in. It fixes it in some instances I think.

Also to add a little bit of rigidity in the wheel, all cars have a FFB specific setting. You need to go to the garage, select the car you want and check the "Force Feedback" tab. The first option is called "Master Scale" and this one is at 26 for every car by default.
If you want some more movement and overall feeling in your wheel you should play with that setting and then save it for "All tracks" so the FFB of that car stays the same like being the new "default" setup.
This is an issue on PC as well. If you don't change that master scale setting in the individual car, either in the Garage or at the track, it doesn't matter what else you do, your FFB is going to feel light and nearly non-existant. Easy fix though. Note also that in the garage, you can copy a tuning setup to all tracks or save to an individual track. So if you come up with a base tune, just bring it up in the garage, hit save and then it gives you the option to copy to all tracks.

If you don't change that master scale setting in the individual car, either in the Garage or at the track, it doesn't matter what else you do, your FFB is going to feel light and nearly non-existant. Easy fix though.

Easy fix, but why not put this 'Master Scale' in the main controller options screen so it applies across all cars/tracks? The only options in the main controller FFB settings in the main menu are all incredibly complex and you need a degree in force feedback to know what the settings do :) I found bumping that master scale up to around 40 to work pretty well, but yeah, annoying to have to do it per car each time.

Easy fix, but why not put this 'Master Scale' in the main controller options screen so it applies across all cars/tracks? The only options in the main controller FFB settings in the main menu are all incredibly complex and you need a degree in force feedback to know what the settings do :) I found bumping that master scale up to around 40 to work pretty well, but yeah, annoying to have to do it per car each time.
The tire force scale is basically the master scale. The option to tune the FFB level on each car separately in addition to that is a nice touch actually. Assetto Corsa was the same way. It's kind of necessary given the way the FFB is designed in this game to reproduce forces from the steering rack combined with all the different tire models and levels of grip. One generic setting won't work for all cars in this case, so being able to tune each car separately is a bonus.

The first time i tried pCars with the tx wheel on XBONE the ffb was too weak. Then i set the tire force scale to 200 and i changed nothing else and now the ffb is brilliant 👍

I turned the force feedback setting down to 50% then increased tyre force in the force feedback calibration setting to 170, this might help those that have a lack of feeling.

This was on the PS4 with the T500RS but should help most wheels.

Something that could further distinguish PCars from GT would be SMS creating a multi lingual car setup guide.

Just explain the options and what effect they have on the car either by them selves or in unison.
I find it hard to believe there is no narrative to guide the player in making changes to the setup of the cars.
Or they can include help files. My first step would be to a neutral setup and work from there.
But I'll have to wait until next week.

My wheel is jumping the ffb, when in corners. I'ts not a constant resistance. It's only with some cars, with road cars its usually fine.

My settings are all standard, on my fanatec csr.

Help pls.

Back