Force feedback off - weird!

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 5 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
Sometimes when the PS goes to sleep, the force feedback is gone from the wheel completely when I wake it, and I need to restart the PS to get it back.
That happened again today, and for fun I decided to do the time trial at Red Bull Ring with no force feedback.

I shaved over a second off my previous best! I don't know why or how - maybe I had my racing hat on today! 😂

Feels really strange and I put it down to putting more wheel over at higher speeds maybe??

Tried to do the same in the Viper at BMB and couldn't get around the track, but will try again next time FF goes off.

Has anyone any ideas why it might be faster with no feedback?

My T-GT does it quite often, I only have to pull the power cord out and plug it back in, rather than turn the PS off, normally.

I'd agree it can be faster, and I put it down to the fact that I over react to the feedback. If the wheel is telling me I'm exceeding grip, I'll back off, perhaps when I don't need to. Also, if your feedback torque is set high, I'd imagine it's hard to be as sensitive with your inputs whilst you're literally fighting the wheel. I've turned FFB all the way down before to find a little more time in time trials, but it's not as fun, and feels weird, so I don't bother often.

What kind of wheel?

I've had that happen a couple of times on my Logi Pro, where the FFB still works but the TrueForce doesn't. But it happens like mid lap rather than after a start-up. I've had the wheel for like five months and it's literally happened three times so I am not too concerned. I think it's a GT issue since rebooting the wheel doesn't fix it but rebooting the system does.

My T-GT does it quite often, I only have to pull the power cord out and plug it back in, rather than turn the PS off, normally.

I'd agree it can be faster, and I put it down to the fact that I over react to the feedback. If the wheel is telling me I'm exceeding grip, I'll back off, perhaps when I don't need to. Also, if your feedback torque is set high, I'd imagine it's hard to be as sensitive with your inputs whilst you're literally fighting the wheel. I've turned FFB all the way down before to find a little more time in time trials, but it's not as fun, and feels weird, so I don't bother often.
I think you nailed it..... I think I was taking corners with higher speed than usual exactly because of that - I back off when the feedback hints I'm going to spin!
I will try powering off the wheel next time - assumed it was GT7 or the PS as the wheel auto-calibrates when the PS wakes up.
And no, it's not as much fun with no feedback!
What kind of wheel?

I've had that happen a couple of times on my Logi Pro, where the FFB still works but the TrueForce doesn't. But it happens like mid lap rather than after a start-up. I've had the wheel for like five months and it's literally happened three times so I am not too concerned. I think it's a GT issue since rebooting the wheel doesn't fix it but rebooting the system does.
It's a Thrustmaster 300R (or RS??).

Agreed, I spent way too long messing with my wheel settings trying to find the sweet spot to extract extra time out of laps. I’ve realized doing so just makes me inconsistent. I’ve got my TGT set to FFB 6, sensitivity 5, vibration at 150. Feels awesome.

Back