Force Feedback Pedals?

• Thread starter Prelude98
  • 9 comments
Prelude98
If anything at all should be added to the game it should be force feedback pedals. Before any kind of damage physics, you should be able to sense that you are going way to fast to slow the car. I believe this could be done with hydraulic cylinders underneath the pedals. Sounds expensive?......yes! But we are talking about the Drive of your life.

That would awesome, i've always thought that would be a good idea. I'll even settle for pedals that rumble to simulate vibration.

How about putting some reastic feel to the H shifter? and when you miss shift it would have FFB and rumbles..

Brake pedals
- Should preferably have a more 'hydraulic' feel to it (ie gets harder to push the further you depress it).
- Pedal should have more play for road cars and less play (firmer feel) for race vehicles or vehicles with brake upgrades.
- Should pulse/vibrate when ABS kicks in to prevent lock-up.

Clutch Pedal
- 'Travel' should vary depending on car type (further for road car - less for race car)

H-Shifter
- Needs more resistance (heavier feel) than the G25
- Preferably much less 'clicking' noise when selecting gears
- Grind, vibrate and prevent gear selection if you try to slot a gear without pressing the clutch when driving a syncro box car. (but not when driving a dog-box equipped vehicle)

MGR
Brake pedals
- Should preferably have a more 'hydraulic' feel to it (ie gets harder to push the further you depress it).
- Pedal should have more play for road cars and less play (firmer feel) for race vehicles or vehicles with brake upgrades.
- Should pulse/vibrate when ABS kicks in to prevent lock-up.

Clutch Pedal
- 'Travel' should vary depending on car type (further for road car - less for race car)

H-Shifter
- Needs more resistance (heavier feel) than the G25
- Preferably much less 'clicking' noise when selecting gears
- Grind, vibrate and prevent gear selection if you try to slot a gear without pressing the clutch when driving a syncro box car. (but not when driving a dog-box equipped vehicle)

Nicely put, That would be awesome. I'm guessing if the G50 wheel comes out, it would support that features for PC games, unless GT makes choice to put that in games.. Sounds like a Next Gen Wheel

Back