Force feedback weaker with G923 since Update 1.15

• Thread starter Fusion
  • 0 comments
I noticed force feedback weaken on my G923 with update 1.15 a month ago, despite this issue apparently not affecting logitech wheels... I decided to give the game a rest for a while. I've been back playing the game a little since update 1.17 and still find it much weaker than I remember.

My standard settings were 4 strength 2 sensitivity which I also used on GT Sport. I'm now finding that I need to up strength to 10, which feels like what 2 strength used to except with less detail. Oddly I tried out GT Sport and it feels about the same strength. Different FFB (maybe slightly better...) but strength similar at the same settings.

I did have an ongoing issue prior to the 1.15 update where every now and then when plugging in my wheel and starting up the game I'd have almost no FFB (maybe none?) just vibration ('true force'). When this happened I'd pause the game, unplug the wheel and plug it in again, it would calibrate and after resuming it would be back to normal.

The only other thing I can think of is I was, like many, racing with the Tomahawk X a lot before the 1.15 update. Is is possible the strength I got used to was from that car only (pre-update). The thing is though, if the wheel can do that kind of strength, why doesn't it for other cars? Even when set to 10 strength is not close. I also used to be able to tell that setting it higher than 4 wasn't worth it due to detail clipping. Now 4 feels pathetic and any detail lost at higher is worth it.

I tried plugging the wheel into its own power point. Just thought it might be getting limited on a shared board since I had the weird issues with it not working randomly in the past.

Any ideas? Anyone else with a G923/29 noticed? Is it all in my head from racing the tomahawk too much? Or could my wheel have become damaged and is resorting to a lower power output? If that were the case the timing seems strange since I definitely didn't notice before the 1.15 update.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back