Forcing myself to learn setups

• Thread starter jamman39
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
jamman39
After getting into online racing I can see now why I have to learn to set my car up: I can usually qualify quite high but inevitably pole position goes to someone who took the time and put in the work and I’m way off their pace.

I’ve tried learning setups before but every time I do I get the same feeling that I got in trigonometry class, and just can’t pull it together.

So far I’ve found the Chris Haye videos useful, and read a few tutorials but when I’ve taken it to the track I haven’t seen results. Does anybody have any good resources that helped them understand?

Tuning seems very difficult at first. Stick with it and you will see results.

This is a handy video

Thanks! I’ll check it out ASAP. As dorky as it sounds the best thing I’ve found to help is taking notes while learning this stuff

So far I’ve found the Chris Haye videos useful, and read a few tutorials but when I’ve taken it to the track I haven’t seen results. Does anybody have any good resources that helped them understand?

Many will agree Yorkie did an outstanding job on this series. :bowdown: So if you like video's, grab your favorite beverage and have a seat. Good luck.

Here is a list I remember from a while ago, tremendous amounts of useful info if you would rather read. Good luck and have some fun.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64289-Collection-of-Setup-Guides

Back