Ford AU Falcon question

  • Thread starter Thread starter phil bell
  • 10 comments
  • 1,029 views
Messages
3,928
Messages
PepsiMaxCrew
Just a question,this is an Australian V8 Supercar isn't it? If so why does it have a limited slip differential?Because from my knowledge V8 supercars have locked ("spool") differentials.Anyone can shed light on this?

Also what do you guy's think are the correct tires for this car? I am using the stock race hards but they seem too grippy...
 
I think the racing hard tyres are good
 
I think they are the right Tyres, but I think you can lock the LSD by changing the settings.
 
V8 Supercars run spools (also known as "lockers") instead of an open or a limited slip differential. This means that they do not allow any difference in rotation between the two rear wheels. The advantage of spools is that they can generally take much more abuse than most differentials. The reason why they are used in V8 Supercars is simply because it is part of the homologation package that is set by the race committee and will most likely remain a part of it for years to come.

The reason why GT5 does not take this into account is probably exceedingly simple - they didn't bother coding in a spool device as it would have little use in the rest of the game. If you want to emulate a spool set your variable LSD settings to 0 for all categories to ensure full lock at all times.

You probably knew most of this already but I thought I would write it all out anyway so that it would make more sense. Hope it helps.
 
Yep,sure did.:)
So do I set?;
Initial torque as low as possible.
Acceleration as high as possible.
Deceleration as high as possible.
 
I previously said set all settings to 0 but I'm wrong about that. Try setting everything to max and see how that goes. The initial torque settings confuse me a lot in this game but I believe the higher it is the less likely it is to begin splitting torque unevenly across the wheels; I could be wrong, but give it a go.
 
Yep,sure did.:)
So do I set?;
Initial torque as low as possible.
Acceleration as high as possible.
Deceleration as high as possible.

Try Max. Initial Torque and Min sensitivity for Acceleration and Deceleration.
 
Try Max. Initial Torque and Min sensitivity for Acceleration and Deceleration.

Min on Acceleraton and Deceleration gives the wheels maximum difference in rotation doesnt it where as a locked diff (or close to it) reduces the rotational difference? So setting it high would be the way to go for a locked (close to it) diff wouldnt it? And by setting the Initial quite low, it will activate the diff with less torque meaning less rotational difference from the moment you hit the throttle if Im not mistaken.
 
You'll find the car will indersteer a fair bit more with a full spool diff. The V8supercars are a fairly slow thing given the specs they have. If you've ever seen camera footage of the pedals, you'll be suprised as I was at how late they have to apply throttle coming out of a corner. Its practically no throttle untill the front wheels are straight when exiting a corner.

In quite a few race tracks, the porsche super cup cars are almost as quick, and at a few 'slower speed' circuits, they are actually faster than the supertaxi's. And the porsche is down a good 200hp (albeit its also down ~100kg).
 
You'll find the car will indersteer a fair bit more with a full spool diff. The V8supercars are a fairly slow thing given the specs they have. If you've ever seen camera footage of the pedals, you'll be suprised as I was at how late they have to apply throttle coming out of a corner. Its practically no throttle untill the front wheels are straight when exiting a corner.

In quite a few race tracks, the porsche super cup cars are almost as quick, and at a few 'slower speed' circuits, they are actually faster than the supertaxi's. And the porsche is down a good 200hp (albeit its also down ~100kg).

Yeah,true,but with the pedals part of it is a technique called "squaring off the corner" to preserve the rear tires.Yup they do understeer going in.

And it seems there are quite a few ideas on the diff,gonna check it out.:)
 
the pedals part of it is a technique called "squaring off the corner"

I shall call it "Not Able To Corner Technique"
Locked diff is for drifters, mountain climb and 4x4 trailing stuff.
Im shure its exiting in that cars but i dont know its weird.
 
Back