• 6 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
jTvJdKv.png
Shelby F-150 SuperSnake '17
jTvJdKv.png

2017-Shelby-F-150-Super-Snake-2.jpg

Shelby has introduced the 2017 F-150 Super Snake which draws inspiration from the Mustang Super Snake.

Based on the popular Ford F-150, the Super Snake features a ram air hood, front fender vents, and a new bumper cover. The truck has also been outfitted with a four-piece ground effects package, honeycomb mesh grille inserts, and a painted tonneau.

Additionally designers installed extended fender flares, a Borla dual exhaust system, and 22-inch chrome wheels. Lastly, the company added the usual Shelby badging and stripes.

The interior receives a modest makeover which includes embroidered headrests and a Snake emblem on the center console. Rounding out the changes are special floor mats and an individually-numbered plaque on the dashboard.

Under the hood, the 5.0-liter V8 engine has been equipped with a supercharger, a high-performance air intake, a billet throttle body, and new fuel injectors. Thanks to these modifications, the engine's output climbs from 385 hp (390 PS) to more than 750 hp (760 PS).

Shelby declined to say how fast the truck can accelerate from 0-60 mph, but the company confirmed the model will be offered with rear- or four-wheel drive.

Text by Carscoops

2017-Shelby-F-150-Super-Snake-3.jpg

2017-Shelby-F-150-Super-Snake-4.jpg

2017-Shelby-F-150-Super-Snake-1.jpg

....Voted but those are the thinnest set of rear tires I've ever seen on a 2-ton truck with 750 horsepower....

BURNOUT!!!!! :dopey:

Why, just Why did Shelby and Ford think this was needed, and a good idea. it looks so ghastly and tacky, with chrome wheels and silly body kit, just unnecessary. But excuse me, I'll shut-up with my rant, just me getting a little carried away :lol:.

Just my two cents, but it would be interesting to see in a future GT regardless.

Why, just Why did Shelby and Ford think this was needed, and a good idea. it looks so ghastly and tacky, with chrome wheels and silly body kit, just unnecessary.
Then it would look like every F150, just with stripes. Yes, I agree that the chrome wheels and body kit are bad taste, but I honestly would like to see something that it looked different from a normal F150.

Then it would look like every F150, just with stripes. Yes, I agree that the chrome wheels and body kit are bad taste, but I honestly would like to see something that it looked different from a normal F150.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree :lol:. As personally I think it'd be much better if it looked relatively stock and dissimilar to stock F150, since not only would it look far more tasteful and less vulgar, because it would be more unassuming. But hey, each to their own, as I'm not the huge fan of big pick-ups, prefer the smaller stuff, think VW Golf Caddy (mk1), Subaru Brat etc.

As personally I think it'd be much better if it looked relatively stock and dissimilar to stock F150, since not only would it look far more tasteful and less vulgar
Uh, I didn't say it looked good the way it is. I just meant that I think there should be something done to the exterior to distinct it from other F150s. Otherwise, it would look kinda boring.

Uh, I didn't say it looked good the way it is. I just meant that I think there should be something done to the exterior to distinct it from other F150s. Otherwise, it would look kinda boring.

That's fair enough, and I didn't mean it to imply you liked it, after all your said it was bad taste yourself. I was just disagreeing that it's doesn't need to look that dissimilar to a standard F150, as I personally would think it would be quite neat if it didn't look to different from a standard F150, just my taste :). But with Shelby models usually standing out quite a bit from the initial model they're based upon, I get that such a case would be unlikely.

Back