Ford Falcoln XR8 Race Car- Very Underrated?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Impreza STi
  • 28 comments
  • 1,310 views

Do you think the Falcoln XR8 Race Car is underrated?

  • YES it kicks serious @$$

    Votes: 18 62.1%
  • NO I can run faster than that tank

    Votes: 11 37.9%

  • Total voters
    29
Messages
292
I was racing in Professional League when I noticed I was winning ... every time ... by using the Falcoln XR8, even though I had thorougly tried the same races before in different cars, like LM Racers and JGTC Cars. Funny thing is, the Falcoln is better to race stock as opposed to the "ludicrus speed" Stage 3 N/A version.

What do you think? Is this wonder from down under up to your standards?
 
It's not a bad car. It's a bit heavy, but more agile than you might think. The only problem is it's pretty tough on front tires.
 
I liked the car when i wasnt racing high powered supras or skylines. It was a fun car to drive on nice twisty tracks (deep forest and cote d azur) but it wasnt fun on r246 or super speedway. Despite being a slug at sometimes i loved its handeling and the look of the car.
 
good car, heavy, but fairly agile. good speed too.
buy? never...save the money for other things. if u win it though, keep it since it can come in handy.

how do u think it'd fare on monaco considering it's size/weight?
 
not a bad one, but theres better ones out there. that car is getting old now and the new BA Falcons are alot better :)
 
Yes very true the XR8 Falcon doesn't look as good as the new BA falcon but I am a holden fan more so I hope they add the new VY Commodore V8 Supercar to GT4
 
Originally posted by gt3freak_2001
Yes very true the XR8 Falcon doesn't look as good as the new BA falcon but I am a holden fan more so I hope they add the new VY Commodore V8 Supercar to GT4

Yeah, and a BA V8 Supercar would be nice too. :)
 
If you turn the front downforce to max, and set the rear one slightly higher (like 1.00 and 1.10), you may find this old brute can turn corners very well.
 
yeah, i agree with both Duke and lum. i have it because i won it, not because i bought it nor would i have bought it :\. its weight/power ratio isnt good (for me, i dont look at a car for HP or weight, i look for the ratio to get an idea of how well it handles..then comes how powerful it is ;)), especially for a...what is it..1,000,000 credits? anyways, id rather spend my money on a cheap skyline and fully tune it up or something sweet like the Viper GTS - R Team Oreca. JMHO
 
This is one of the examples where GT3 clearly underpowers a car, there cars hit close to 300 kays down conrod straight, but in GT3 the falcon is struggling to accelerate at 200 kays, letalone pull hard at 250, i know it's just a game and you get no sense of the speed, but just by looking at the rate of numbers rising and TV fottage of the real cars i reckon it's underpowered in the game.
 
Very controllable car for just shy of 1000 hp. It's only downfall is how low it is stock, sends a lot of sparks. But, in fact, that does nothing to the performance of the vehicle.
 
Originally posted by Impreza STi
If you turn the front downforce to max, and set the rear one slightly higher (like 1.00 and 1.10), you may find this old brute can turn corners very well.

thats gotta be good for the tires! :rolleyes:
 
I was pretty disapointed in the Falcon when I first got it.

But, with good tuning it can be a beast! A bit tail happy though when fully tuned.
 
A bit tail happy stock. I can do some insane low-speed (under 100 MPH) powerslides!

Actually, I got 15 laps out of the front tires and was able to finish the race without pitting.

Just jack it all the way up, and ye shalt have no more sparks...

I lowered it to its min and maxed the springs before, but it kept sparkin' on every little tiny bump, then I jacked it all the way up (still pretty low) and softened the suspension in the rear to get her to hook a little faster...
 
Originally posted by oxigen_gsr
This is one of the examples where GT3 clearly underpowers a car, there cars hit close to 300 kays down conrod straight, but in GT3 the falcon is struggling to accelerate at 200 kays, letalone pull hard at 250, i know it's just a game and you get no sense of the speed, but just by looking at the rate of numbers rising and TV fottage of the real cars i reckon it's underpowered in the game.
Yes very good point, those v8 supercars get up to 300Km down conrod straight and driving the XR8 in GT3 doens't look or feel the same as when watching it on TV.
 
Originally posted by gt3freak_2001
Yes very good point, those v8 supercars get up to 300Km down conrod straight and driving the XR8 in GT3 doens't look or feel the same as when watching it on TV.

Yeah, especially because they have their own class...If they include V8 Supercars in GT4 they should give them their own racing series thing...
 
Its a great car and easy to win....Enduro Speedway..
i used it a lot when i first got it and liked it....but i was not that mad about its looks....i soon graduated to other cars that i prefered...:)
 
Hehehe, yeah it's almost like a riced V8 car, but not that bad, it still reminds me of a Mako Shark...
 
Originally posted by Impreza STi
Hehehe, yeah it's almost like a riced V8 car, but not that bad, it still reminds me of a Mako Shark...

Don't get me started on how it's not rice. :mad:

It's called downforce, and is needed when racing. Some people just don't get it do they?
 
I use to like it. I used it all the time, then I just got sick of it. It's a pain to use now, because of the tire issue.

Now I favor small cars with low HP to race with. They are very easy on the tires.
 
Could someone post a pick of the new XR8... whatever they called it

I'm Easy on tires on any track/car cept for the SS. Just slow down lightly and kind of early
 
Originally posted by oxigen_gsr
This is one of the examples where GT3 clearly underpowers a car, there cars hit close to 300 kays down conrod straight, but in GT3 the falcon is struggling to accelerate at 200 kays, letalone pull hard at 250, i know it's just a game and you get no sense of the speed, but just by looking at the rate of numbers rising and TV fottage of the real cars i reckon it's underpowered in the game.

That's just PD putting a heavy bias against non-Japanese cars.:(
 
The car is over-all a nice car to have around, stock and with a bit of ses. tunning it will get you the win more times then not, but win it, save the money for anything you might need later on, unless your a cheater :odd:...
 
Here are some pics of the new Falcon, Emmm, Camber :drool:...
large_image_05.jpg

large_image_03.jpg

large_image_02.jpg
 
New car looks sweet. 👍
In GT3, I find the Falcon a tad to... "oversteery". And yes it's underpowered, but I also like a challenge.
 
With those pics and every one talkn about tire wear and all this about traction, im gunna go and try to drift this thing :)...
 
Back