Ford Focus (Mk1) WRC 2000

Venezuela
Venezuela
jgys25
5.jpg

This wasnt proposed before? Really? I love its looks. I even bought a die-cast 15 years ago when i was on vacation with my elemetary school (40 euro at least?? I was crazy and 10 years old i guess).
Today WRCs doesnt look like cars you can meet on road anymore and thats annoying. (yes, maybe they can drive very fast, but they looks horrendous).

Was this really MK I? They used Focus in 1999 season too if i know. EDIT: i know what you mean now)

This wasnt proposed before? Really? I love its looks. I even bought a die-cast 15 years ago when i was on vacation with my elemetary school (40 euro at least?? I was crazy and 10 years old i guess).
Today WRCs doesnt look like cars you can meet on road anymore and thats annoying. (yes, maybe they can drive very fast, but they looks horrendous).

Was this really MK I? They used Focus in 1999 season too if i know. EDIT: i know what you mean now)
Yes, Ford Motor Company has used the Mk I Focus, but there are some differences:

In 1999, they used the Martini Livery with drivers Colin McRae, Thomas Radstrom and Simon Jean-Joseph.
#7- Colin McRae (Scotland)/Nicky Grist (Wales)
ford-focus-wrc.jpg

#8- Thomas Radstrom (Sweden)/Fred Gallagher (Great Britain)
+1999++1000+LAKES++T+RADSTROM-F+GALLAGHER++FOCUS.jpg

#8 Number was also used by runner-up French Rally Championship (Asphalt) of previous year, Simon Jean-Joseph
F1000057.jpg

I used to have an poster of Ford Focus WRC but I don't know where is it. This also features in Colin McRae 2.0

#25 was used by Petter Solberg and Petter Mills.
F1000018-(3).jpg

#20 in RAC Rally;
305_solberg.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The livery was changed: The main support was Movistar.

#5 Colin McRae (Scotland)/Nicky Grist (Wales)
5.jpg

#6 Carlos Sainz (Spain)/Luis Moya (Spain)
monte3.jpg

#18 was used by Piero Liatti/Carlo Cassina, both from Italy. This was used on Rallye de Sanremo.
F1000045.jpg

#18 was used by Piero Liatti/Carlo Cassina, both from Italy. This was used on Rallye de Tour de Corse which took their Ford to the last place from Top 6.
wrc_ford_focus_mk1_28329.jpg

#15 was used by Petter Solberg (Norway)/Phil Mills (Wales)
4693755592_8a4bfd3db1_z.jpg

This was going to be Solberg's livery, but Solberg has decided to keep the Nikko and Valtra Sponsors.

430008916_n.jpg

This is a nice car.

I'll finish the post with 5 videos:

Not the same livery. As I said, the 1999 used Martini Livery while the 2000 used the Valvoline, Movistar and Ford Sport UK livery.

But I support both cars, especially this one which would be a nice addition.
The liveries are different, but they're basically the same car. The other guy was asking if the Focus WRC itself was never suggested before, not the specific livery. I just simply left a response showing the one I suggested a year ago.

The liveries are different, but they're basically the same car. The other guy was asking if the Focus WRC itself was never suggested before, not the specific livery. I just simply left a response showing the one I suggested a year ago.

I think this should be okay (except for that it creates redundancy) since Famine said:
Famine
I'd also suggest that if different liveries encompass different years of competition (I've recently seen different threads for a car used in 1977 and 1980), it's likely that the cars are subtly different and should be in different threads.

I'll let the mods decide though. :)

I think this should be okay (except for that it creates redundancy) since Famine said:
Okay, I think you misunderstood what I meant behind both posts. I'm not saying that this thread isn't okay or anything. One user said that they never saw a Focus WRC suggested before, thus I shown that I suggested one myself. Nothing more.

Back