Ford Focus ST Settings : Suzuka 500pp

Not tried the ASBO yet.

I might have a go in it later.

I know Ridium has got his hooked up pretty well though.

Good point.

I think because it's such a common place manufacturer. Plenty of them on the roads here in the UK. People tend to forget.

Well... the parent company is American, but it manufactures in Europe. Its a tough call.

So far I have this, just testing this on Suzuka 500pp as we speak.

Power : 225 (+2)
Weight : 108% (1544)
Tyres : R3 F / R2 R

PP : 500

Ride : -25 / -25
Spring : 9 / 8
Damper : 9 / 8
Toe : +20 / +20
Camber : 2.0 / 2.5
Brake : 6 / 5

Max Turn : 35
TC : 1
ABS : 1

1st : 2.851
2nd : 1.803
3rd : 1.330
4th : 1.100
5th : 0.886
6th : 0.767
Final : 5.000

This to me makes the car feel very smooth. Seems reliable in the corners.

But the Focus ST is based on the european Focus, cuz the Focus that they sell in the U.S. is a totally different one.
Indeed it is. In Europe there is a distinction between Ford and Ford USA, they are considered as two seperate brands; Ford is considered a German brand, as opposed to Ford USA, which is considered (surprisingly :P) a USA brand. In GT5P, they are considered as one brand.

Indeed it is. In Europe there is a distinction between Ford and Ford USA, they are considered as two seperate brands; Ford is considered a German brand, as opposed to Ford USA, which is considered (surprisingly :P) a USA brand. In GT5P, they are considered as one brand.

They should've gone the GM Group way and have a bunch of different companies.

@BB-ANDY: Well, as much as Frod is an american company it has a lot of cars that are designed, made, and only sold in Europe the Fiesta, Fusion, and that particular Focus are just some examples.

Doesn't matter where where the car is made it is who owns it that counts, Ford is an American company the last time I looked. There are Japanese cars made in the UK but they are still Japanese.

Doesn't matter where where the car is made it is who owns it that counts, Ford is an American company the last time I looked. There are Japanese cars made in the UK but they are still Japanese.
Ah, so according to you, a Lamborghini is a German car because Lamborghini is owned by the Audi Group? And an Opel (German) is a US car because it is owned by GM? Ofcourse not. Ford & Ford USA are two different companies, they are NOT the same company. Ford (the German one) is a subsidiary of Ford Motor Co., just like Ford USA is too. Like VW, Audi and Lamborgini are subsidiaries of the Volkswagen-Audi group.

Of course it is an American company, Ford UK is still owned by Ford in the US to deny that is nonsense. Ford's that are made in the UK are not regarded as British cars, ask Jeremy Clarkeson, lol.

Are you suggesting the nissans built at Sunderland or the Honda's built at Swindon are British? hahahahaha.

There are very few British manufacturers left, Aston Martin are some other performance makes comes to mind. But Rolls Royce (VW) are not British any more and Jaguar was/is owned by ford.
Who ever owns the company owns the car, it is logic. To suggest that Ford UK, Ford Germany are seperate companies to the Ford parent company is just plain daft IMO. When there are some workers laid off either in Germany or UK who do you think orders it?

So, according to your logic, a Lambo is a German car because Volkswagen-Audi Group owns it? Don't be rediculous.

Where the car is built does not determine the manufacture. Many BMW's are built in SC http://www.bmwusfactory.com/
that doesn't make a BMW an American car nor would anyone ever consider it one.

Ford is an American company with different manufacturing plants around the globe with different models made for those markets.

Ford has a share or owns other companies:
"Since 1989, Ford has acquired Aston Martin (which it sold again on March 12, 2007[19], but it will retain a $77 million stake in the sports car maker[20]),
and Volvo Cars from Sweden, as well as a controlling share (33.4%) of Mazda of Japan, with which it operates an American joint venture plant in Flat Rock, Michigan called Auto Alliance."

Last I checked Aston Martin was from the UK. Would you consider a Volvo an american car because Ford owns it?

Read more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford

But as much as Ford IS an american company, and the European models do have the same Ford badge, Ford Europe is handled almost like a completely separate company, as they get things like the Kuga, Mondeo, Fiesta and the lot.

Saying the Focus ST is American would be like saying the Vauxhall Astra is American or the Holdens for that matter.

Of course it is an American company, Ford UK is still owned by Ford in the US to deny that is nonsense. Ford's that are made in the UK are not regarded as British cars, ask Jeremy Clarkeson, lol.
Actually no, they arn't classed as British, they are classed as European and more specifically German. There used to be a Ford Europe and a Ford UK (yes, again two seperate companies but they merged). As has been said, Ford Europe and Ford USA are not the same company, they share platforms and parts quite often but they are not the same company. That's like saying VW and SEAT are the same comapny becuase the cars are both owned by VAG and both widely share parts and platforms.

Are you suggesting the nissans built at Sunderland or the Honda's built at Swindon are British? hahahahaha.
No he isn't because Honda is Honda, Japanese. There is no Honda UK or Honda Europe that operate independant of Honda. Ford Motor Co owns several car manufacturers much like VAG owns several. Of thoes manufacturers Ford Motor Co owns Ford USA is one of them and Ford Europe is another, I do believe Ford Asia is the third unless they merged that. You see what I'm getting at, Ford USA and Ford Europe are seperate entities, they may both be owned by Ford Motor Co but that is no different to VW and SEAT both being owned by VAG, yet they are both still seperate companies, one being German and the other Spanish.

There are very few British manufacturers left, Aston Martin are some other performance makes comes to mind. But Rolls Royce (VW) are not British any more and Jaguar was/is owned by ford.
So, Rolls Royce and Jaguar are still British, just because they are owned by Ford doesn't change that. That's like saying Mazda is American or SEAT is German.

Who ever owns the company owns the car, it is logic. To suggest that Ford UK, Ford Germany are seperate companies to the Ford parent company is just plain daft IMO.
No it's not, as I said just before Maza isn't American because some of the profits / losses get syphoned off / written off by a seperate company based elsewhere. If I go to work for a French company am I suddenly French even though I'm British. No your nationality is where you are from, not who you work for. Ford USA and Ford Europe are seperate compnaies that both lie under the Ford Motor Co umberella alongside Mazda and others.

When there are some workers laid off either in Germany or UK who do you think orders it?
Irrelevent.

so........ about those Focus settings............

Anyone got a setup for Daytona Road yet? I'd like to compare.

Give me a time to aim for. I'm still messing around with the Alfa 147.
But I'll have a shot at the Focus later.

not that I'm any kind of tuning expert

Give me a time to aim for. I'm still messing around with the Alfa 147.
But I'll have a shot at the Focus later.

not that I'm any kind of tuning expert

Down in low 2.14's at the moment, only hit it this arvo, so my settings and time won't be much of a challenge Jase.

So far I have this, just testing this on Suzuka 500pp as we speak.

Power : 225 (+2)
Weight : 108% (1544)

Ride : -25 / -25
Spring : 9 / 8
Damper : 9 / 8
Camber : 2.0 / 2.5
Brake : 6 / 5

Max Turn : 35
TC : 1

Final : 5.000

Wow very good indeed!! It's hard to find someone with a good setup for this car. Well since I love this car so much, I've come up with my own setup.....you will probably see some things that are quite the same as yours.

Power : 270 (+27)
Weight : 91% (1301)

Ride : -25 / -20
Spring : 8 / 10
Damper : 8/ 10
Camber : 2.0 / 2.0
Brake : 2 / 4

Max Turn : 40
TC : Off

Final : 4.098

This setup for me works great and it's really good for this track since it's so tight and plus you get the speed in the straightway!!

No it's not, as I said just before Maza isn't American because some of the profits / losses get syphoned off / written off by a seperate company based elsewhere. If I go to work for a French company am I suddenly French even though I'm British. No your nationality is where you are from, not who you work for. Ford USA and Ford Europe are seperate compnaies that both lie under the Ford Motor Co umberella alongside Mazda and others.

Irrelevent.

Sorry to bleat on about this but this is just plain wrong. I think you are confusing nationality with company ownership.

You might think ford Europe and Ford US are two seperate companies but please tell me who owns Ford Europe? And my point who orders workers to be laid off has EVERYTHING to do with it. You think Ford europe could lay Ford US staff off? No of course not but it can the other way around because Ford is the Parent company. To have a British Company it has to be British owned, thats law m8. Take for example the UK's enrgy suppliers, only one is British, Southern Energy. British Gas is German.

And Rolls Royce are no longer a Brit company, it doesn't matter where the cars are built it is who owns it. You seem to be saying that if Honda used Honda UK that would make them British, hahahaha don't think so. There are no major Car manufacturers anymore that are Britsh, that is a fact just a few performance ones like Morgan I think.

PS Your nationality argument is wrong as well, I regard myself as English but I was born in Cyprus are you saying that I'm a Cypriot? I think the RAF would want a word if you do, lol

I have been away for a little while and have just noticed the online races have changed, notably the tyres. Anyone know where there is an updated tune?

Sorry to bleat on about this but this is just plain wrong. I think you are confusing nationality with company ownership.
No I'm not, if I work for an American, I do not become American too. It is where you are from that counts.
You might think ford Europe and Ford US are two seperate companies but please tell me who owns Ford Europe?
Ford Motor Co owns Ford Europe, they also own Ford USA, they also own Mazda and Vovlo.

And my point who orders workers to be laid off has EVERYTHING to do with it. You think Ford europe could lay Ford US staff off?
No, but Ford USA staff can't lay For dEurope staff off either. Ford Motor Co can, Ford USA can't. Ford Motor Co and Ford USA are different. Ford USA is the company that produces, sells and manages the cars in the American produciton line, Ford Motor Co is the unmbrella organisation that controls all the companies within thier portfolio, inclusing both Ford USA and ford Europe.

No of course not but it can the other way around because Ford is the Parent company. To have a British Company it has to be British owned, thats law m8.
First of all it's mate not m8. Secondly no, who you work for does not change where you come from. It works on a business level. Infiniti is an American comapny that is part of Nissan's corporation, Lexus is an American company that under Toyota's ownership.

Take for example the UK's enrgy suppliers, only one is British, Southern Energy. British Gas is German.
No, British Gas was setup in Britain, therefore it is British..

And Rolls Royce are no longer a Brit company, it doesn't matter where the cars are built it is who owns it.
I'm not saying it is where the cars are built, if that was the case then a lot of companies would be multinational. I am not saying it is where the cars are built, if I was saying that I'd be saying Ford Europe were British and Honda were British but neither are, Honda is Japanese and Ford Europe is German.

You seem to be saying that if Honda used Honda UK that would make them British, hahahaha don't think so.
Proof that you don't understand what I am saying, it is not where the companies cars are built, nor is it where the comapny operates or may have ofice and plants, nor is it which umbrella corporation owns it or established it, it is where the comapny is setup. If I setup a company in America that company is American, regardless of the fact that I am British. If I then setup another three companies in Italy, Japan and Australia thoes three companies are Italian, Japanese and Autralian. I can then create an umbrella corporation based in England that holds thoes first four companes within it's portfolio, but only the umbrella corporation is English. The 4 comapnies within it are still American, Italian, Japanese and Australian respectively.
There are no major Car manufacturers anymore that are Britsh, that is a fact just a few performance ones like Morgan I think.
No, there's are no major car manufacturers owned by British companies anymore but there are still major British car manufacturers. Comapies like Jaguar, Land Rover and Aston Martin are still British.

PS Your nationality argument is wrong as well, I regard myself as English but I was born in Cyprus are you saying that I'm a Cypriot? I think the RAF would want a word if you do, lol
No it's not, what I said was a general rule. I am English, if I go to work in America for an American company I will still be English.

Back