Ford GT 2002 paint scheme

• Thread starter Automotive
  • 21 comments
United States
New York
I wonder if anyone else notice this. Take a look at the Ford GT '02 in "Career mode" it can be bought I know, and it come in different colors. Now look at the same car in the "Arcade mode" . The one in the Arcade is in the old paint scheme of the 1967 Ford GT. Plus, the one in the Arcade is not a concept. The one in Career mode is. Why do you think they seperated these two factors of 1 car. In that case, the should of put the same car in career mode as they put in the Arcade. What your take about this?

One more thing. Has anyone seen what I call a "rare car"of the Ford GT 05. I know it can be bought also and it come in colors if I not mistaken. But check this out, I won an all silver GT 05 with no decals on it what so ever. I mean nothing but the frame and wheels. Of couse the engine too. I won it from the last Championship in the pro hall. If someone got this too, then I wouldn't feel special anymore :grumpy: I know that someone who completed this race already probably go back to do it again to get it, but it's a really special car like the black beauties. Only this one hasn't been mentioned.

Automotive
One more thing. Has anyone seen what I call a "rare car"of the Ford GT 05. I know it can be bought also and it come in colors if I not mistaken. But check this out, I won an all silver GT 05 with no decals on it what so ever. I mean nothing but the frame and wheels. Of couse the engine too. I won it from the last Championship in the pro hall. If someone got this too, then I wouldn't feel special anymore :grumpy: I know that someone who completed this race already probably go back to do it again to get it, but it's a really special car like the black beauties. Only this one hasn't been mentioned.

The "solid" paint schemes without decals are just ordinary paint schemes, although fewer people seem to get them. I've got a solid dark blue one, for instance.

Are you sure the one in arcade mode isn't the "new race edition" which is basically the new model with the old GT40 paint scheme? I forget where you win it, but its in the prize car list somewhere.

I think you get it from an Endurance race, not too sure, but theres a GT40 race car with the Gulf style paint job and a GT with a similar paint job both in GT4's career mode. The only thing I'm miffed about is that you can only race Citta D'Aria in the special condition hall, not anywhere else, it's not in arcade mode or the dirt or city tracks in GT mode.

The six GT's/GT40's are:

- Ford GT '05 (comes in six colors, with stripes, buyable)
- Ford GT '02 (Yellow/Black and White/Blue, won from Tsukuba Wet Hard)
- Ford GT40 Race Car '69 (Blue/Orange, Laguna Seca 200 Miles)
- Ford GT LM Race Car '02 (Blue/Orange, Infineon Endurance Race)
- Ford GT LM Edition Spec II (Silver/Black, Pro Hall GT World Championship)
- Ford GT '05 (six colors, no stripes, Extreme Hall Premium Sports Lounge)

there are slight differences between the old GT40 and the new GT as well, for instance the old GT40 actually sits 4 inches lower to the ground than the GT thats one reason why the new model wasn't called a GT40 as well (plus i believe some kit manufaturer owns the right now to call their kit cars GT40's). it's not just a cosmetic diference. you may correct me if i'm wrong but i'm sure that in the game there are engine out put and weight differences as well.

The real 2005 Ford GT comes in 6 colors, standard with vinyl stripes. Thare are optons to have the stripes painted, or no stripes. It appears that the prize car for the first race in the Extreem Hall is just keeping in line with the real car. I recieved mine in the Black.

I have to say I am disappointed with the 2005 GT's capability in GT4. Although I have never driven the real car, I have little doubt it is better in real life that the game gives it credit for. The real car is supercharged anyway, yet GT4 gives NA options and no SC! They obvious don't have complete info on the car.

Syntax error
there are slight differences between the old GT40 and the new GT as well, for instance the old GT40 actually sits 4 inches lower to the ground than the GT thats one reason why the new model wasn't called a GT40 as well (plus i believe some kit manufaturer owns the right now to call their kit cars GT40's). it's not just a cosmetic diference. you may correct me if i'm wrong but i'm sure that in the game there are engine out put and weight differences as well.
Of course there will be differences between the two. They were built 40 years apart and use almost entirely different technology.

The GT40 weighs 1,020 less pounds than does the GT.
The GT40 has 105 lb/ft less torque than does the GT.
The GT40 has 75 less horsepower than does the GT.
The GT40 has a 4,736cc displacement while the GT has 5,409cc displacement.
The GT40 has a 210mph top speed where the GT has a top speed of 190pmh.

Anderton Prime
Sorry, what the hell is your problem MaShEd? Contribute to the thread or go away. There's nothing wrong with the English in Automotive's post.

Thanks for having my back. Some people are just form another planet.

ktaylor57
The six GT's/GT40's are:

- Ford GT '05 (comes in six colors, with stripes, buyable)
- Ford GT '02 (Yellow/Black and White/Blue, won from Tsukuba Wet Hard)
- Ford GT40 Race Car '69 (Blue/Orange, Laguna Seca 200 Miles)
- Ford GT LM Race Car '02 (Blue/Orange, Infineon Endurance Race)
- Ford GT LM Edition Spec II (Silver/Black, Pro Hall GT World Championship)
- Ford GT '05 (six colors, no stripes, Extreme Hall Premium Sports Lounge)

This guy is the only 1 who gave me the info that I was looking for. From seeing this chart, it looks like the GT'02 in the color scheme of Blue/Orange is won in the Infineon Edurance. Now, it must be one of those cars that's not seen in the line up of Ford. Good, I didn't want to miss anything. Thanks

Wild Cobra Z28
I have to say I am disappointed with the 2005 GT's capability in GT4. Although I have never driven the real car, I have little doubt it is better in real life that the game gives it credit for. The real car is supercharged anyway, yet GT4 gives NA options and no SC! They obvious don't have complete info on the car.

Why would you supercharge a car that's already supercharged? GT4 doesn't really have a listing for "SC", so they just list it as NA because it's not turbo. Also, you would perform NA tuneups on a supercharged car. The only thing you could do to the supercharger would be to put a smaller pulley on which would turn up the boost, but in order to get the best of it you'd have to tune the rest of the engine to take advantage of it. Seems fine to me. As for the performance, I haven't really driven one in the game, and definitely haven't in real life, so I don't know.

JTSnooks
Why would you supercharge a car that's already supercharged? GT4 doesn't really have a listing for "SC", so they just list it as NA because it's not turbo. Also, you would perform NA tuneups on a supercharged car. The only thing you could do to the supercharger would be to put a smaller pulley on which would turn up the boost, but in order to get the best of it you'd have to tune the rest of the engine to take advantage of it. Seems fine to me. As for the performance, I haven't really driven one in the game, and definitely haven't in real life, so I don't know.

Thats true. Other than fine tuning with pulleys n boost settings, or going to a bigger supercharger which GT4 doesn't allow, the only thing left to do to a supercharged engine would be to work on the internals. This would make the engine out put higher, therefore allowing the supercharger to be more efficient and allow quicker stronger output since the engine is what drives the turbo, not the exhaust such as on a turbo'd car, which responds better with parts for the turbo, not always the engine under the right conditions.
Granted, both types gain from internal modifications, but with a turbo, you generally tune to allow more boost, but with a supercharger, you tune to gain more power for quicker engine gain, which intern, gives the engine quicker boost.
Hope that made sense.

Wild Cobra Z28
The real 2005 Ford GT comes in 6 colors, standard with vinyl stripes. Thare are optons to have the stripes painted, or no stripes. It appears that the prize car for the first race in the Extreem Hall is just keeping in line with the real car. I recieved mine in the Black.

Not tryin to dog you or anything, but there are some great settings floating around that really improve the GT's handling. The '04 LM is my "race car" of choice and the '05 GT is my "production car" of choice. With the right settings these cars are very solid. They remain rather difficult to drive but I am by no means the best driver around. Maybe the GT's just suit my driving style but I love driving them. Don't give up on them, find the right settings and give them another try.

Automotive
This guy is the only 1 who gave me the info that I was looking for. From seeing this chart, it looks like the GT'02 in the color scheme of Blue/Orange is won in the Infineon Edurance. Now, it must be one of those cars that's not seen in the line up of Ford. Good, I didn't want to miss anything. Thanks

They are 2 different cars. If you have both unlocked / bought there will be 2 entries in Arcade mode.

in that list of Ford GT's...is the GT LM spec ? you said its black/silver...is that the car from the opening credits? I have the white one with the black stripes...is there another color you can get that car in?

thanks for the clarification. As for the color...its the car in the opening credits in the photomode locals. Then it rolls out of the garage and starts racing.... it looks pretty white.

i just looked it up in my garage and in my diary...there is no mention of what color it is. I see how it looks silver though. but if you have it out for a race it is white.

Sorry, what the hell is your problem MaShEd? Contribute to the thread or go away. There's nothing wrong with the English in Automotive's post.
"WRONG" english!?!?!?
And I F so....

Not every Carlover/GT6-Driver/GTP-Member IS english BORN!!
As ME too... i'm german, learned english the usual way in school... back in 1967.
Right! I am "a bit older"... but NOBODY @ GT-Planet has ever commented bad about that.

We ALL love Cars & for SURE... the GAME!
GT-Planet is an international Community.
And therefore... the MOST important thing is... that WE are ONE!
I guess... if you ask the Moderators about "correct grammar"... they just smile 'n shake their heads on this stupid lines.

Automotive contributed an interesting fact
... whatever mistakes might happened, when he/she WROTE.
BUT; there isn't ANY!
Btw: there are still countries on this planet, where schools DON'T teach english!
Should those kids be excluded from GT-Planet???
If ME would be a Moderator... sorry, but;
I would kick that guy out of the community... saying such bad, hateful mean lines to some other member.
Sorry for such a long comment. But... those lines made me angry

Latest Posts

Back