Ford GT at the 'Ring

United States
None of your business
For this race I will use a Ford GT LM Spec II Race car (You know, the one they show in the start up movie.) The track is Nurunburgring(Nurburgring, however the heck it's spelled). The event is the 24 Hours of Nurburgring. I shall do this race entirely in a-spec.

Laps 1 and 2
In my Ford GT LM Sp...(Screw it, I'll just type Ford GT). On I complete my first lap with the normal amount of drama associated with me driving on the 'ring, which consists of me going into the grass 5 times every lap.

Lap 2 however, was what I'd like to call "The drive of your life"XD. I realized very quickly, on the second half of the course, that I needed to pit every single lap. If I did not, as I learned in lap 2, the rear end of the car will act like the rear tires are on wet ice, which is, if you've experienced it, one of the most slippery surfaces to drive on. I tell you, even the slightest nudge of the d-pad or the slightest bump(which the ring is full of), would send the rear end out onto the grass, and the rest of the car with it. So for the second half of lap 2, I drove VERY carefully, not even daring to go over 100 mph. Finally after what seemed like an eternity, I made it onto that really long straightaway. Unfortunately, I made the very grim mistake of touching the analog stick, which, of course, sent the car spinning at 190 mph. Finally I made it to the pits to change tires, and I was off again.

Laps 3-10: Going through these laps, I experimented with my pit strategy, leaving the front ones unchanged for lap 4. That didn't work too well either, though the results were no where near as catastrophic as lap 2. Finally I settled on changing tires every lap, and fueling up every 3 laps. I end lap 10 slowly catching back up to the leader, who is about 2 minutes ahead of me.

Lap 10 - Hour 2: I'm starting to get a really good feel for this car on the ring. With every lap, I get better and better, and am almost able to do it subconsciously. So subconsciously that I forget to pit on lap 11, and never even realize it until I go into the pits on lap 12 and look at the tires. "so that's why I was having so much trouble that last lap." i get fresh tires and get back on the track, with the leader now 3 minutes ahead(due to that last lap). I end hour 2 on lap 16, 1 minute 30(+-10) seconds behind the leader.

Hour 2 - Hour 3: I've been making the most of my tires during this race, churning out laps of just over 7 minutes, which includes pit stops every single lap. At 2:30, I'm just 20 seconds behind the leader. At 2:34:50.816, I pass him, and take the lead in the middle of lap 21. At 2:38:34.666 (Heh 666), he passes me while I'm in the pits, but a couple minutes later i pass him again. At 2:45:55.316. he passes me again while I'm pitting, but eventually i pass him again. At 3 hours, I decide that I've played enough for one day, and put up my controller at 2:15 A.M. I then change my VCR channel from INPUT, and watch some TV. I shall now go to sleep, with my PS2 humming on my TV overnight.

Hour 3 - Hour 4: Well I woke up at 11:00 a.m., parked my kiester in front of the boob tube, and started playing this morning. My first couple laps were rather sloppy, going off into the grass at least 15 times. However after that, I was back into my element, and racing in a "Mostly" proper line for the rest of the hour.

Hour 4: Well, I'm sad to say that B-spec Bob has been forced to take over and finish the race at 3X speed, due to the threat of thunderstorms over the next 3 days in my area. Well, so much for that.

I guess I'll attempt it again when the weather is guaranteed to be nice, and I shall post it in this particular thread, rather than posting an entirely new thread.

Last edited:
Well, that is a big bummer!

May I ask though, what tires did U use?
U should try R2's on the front and R1's on the rear.

Greets.

Well, good luck when you decide to do it again ;). I hope i can get some excellent tips from here cuz...im having an idea...and holy week goes without class....💡.

Back