ford gt , getting rid of understeer?

• Thread starter Chuckd05
  • 7 comments
ChuckD055
Ford GT '06

I recently got this car for seasonal bonus race 3 , won easy... but I am a fan of this car in general and am in need of a good tune. I tried the one from the guy who posts vids of the seasonals with tunes but there is still excessive under steer.

I am going to try to tweak it and I will post but I am a tuning newb.

If anyone can help, id appreciate it :sly:

will update soon with my findings...

For tonight this is the best I came up with

Full Weight Reduction, no chasis stability though
Full Power Adders
Adj Suspension, LSD, and full drivetrain mods
Racing Soft Tires

Aids - Racing Soft, Trac 2, Skid off, ASM on, ABS 1

Tranny is set to 230mph
LSD 5/25/20
Ride Height -20/-5
Spring Rate 10.0/14.5
Extension 6/7
Compression 6/7
Anti Roll Bar 4/4

Camber .6/1.6
Toe 0.0/0.10

Brakes 5/5 ( havent played with them yet )

I cut two seconds off my time from the video post, but I also got used to the track, but understeer did go away.
Also used my DS3 tonight as I was too lazy to pull the Wheel out.. (DFGT)

Last edited:
I had the same understeer problem yet still got gold on 1st try also. Tried it again for fun and used your tune, it was helpful cutting my times a bit. Thx for sharing, bro. Keep up the good work, hope to see some more tunes from you in the future. It would be awesome to check out your before /after lap times if u get a chance.

I'm still experimenting myself so I'll post if I create a tune worthwhile. I'm kind of a novice in suspension tuning department still also. With the ride height at -20 in the front If I cut the corner at the beginning of the race, or took one of those dips hidden by the curve a bit fast, it feels as if it was bottoming out a little bit in the front slightly. Did u notice that also or am I just driving like an intoxicated Gary Busey? Lol. I'm still learning the exact speeds I should be at going into each turn.

islndr's Ford GT '06 (77.5 miles) 1203Kg - 867HP @ 6900 & 743 Ft./Lb @ 4900

The additional power corrupted my chassis at first, however I finally arrived at a Ford GT that is now essentially without significant understeer and is very forgiving of the aggressive driving type, like myself. Please enjoy for those of you out there that are frustrated with the handling characteristic once you've given this car real power!!

Feedback and tuning tweaks are welcome!! I believe greater control may be had through tuning the LSD.

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Rigidity Improvement
Aero - Front Splitter & Wing (Still effective w/out aero if aesthetic conciseness - does improve overall traceability)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Exhaust System (Doesn't sound as good as stock or lower power exhaust, you may choose to sacrifice performance for a better exhaust note)
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Supercharge Upgrade
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tires

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Settings:

Transmission:
Max Speed: 236mph (Individual gears will alter accordingly)

Downforce:
0/40

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: x/10
Acceleration: x/40
Deceleration: x/20

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -20/-19
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 9.2/10.4
Dampers Extension: 6/6
Dampers Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/2
Camber:1.5/2.0
Toe: -.10/.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/4

Zero Electronic Assist
ABS - 1

Wow I used a 573 PS version of the GT and I had no problem winning the event on sports soft. Also I had nearly no understeer with it but guess it's because I had less power.

Last edited:
Where is the understeer occuring? Entry, Center or exit? On the gas, off the gas?

As a general rule of thumb, I would say drop the read ride height to -20 to match the front
Put the Shock Extension to 7 / 6 instead of 6 / 7
Change the Sway Bars to 4 / 6
and see where that gets you.

Then, based on what conditions the understeer is occurring, I'd start toying with the LSD.

Back