Gears:
1st - 2.829
2nd - 1.974
3rd - 1.397
4th - 1.045
5th - 0.820
6th - 0.650
Final - 4.825

Automatic transmission, Active Steering Strong, Standard physics, ASM off.

This setup may be totally out to lunch, and more experienced tuners may say "how the heck did you win a race tuned like THAT?"
I arrived at this by reading other people's setups, then tinkering. It took me a long time to even get to the end of the race in the top 5, but then out of the blue, I came in second. I had to do a lot of defensive driving (blocking) on the straightaway! I hit the brakes as late as I dared, and slid around the other cars in the tight corners, being careful not to jostle them too hard and draw a penalty. I think I did have a couple, but they were in tight spots where you couldn't go faster than 30 mph anyway, so I lucked out there.

Good luck, and let me know if this works for anyone else. :)
I'm off to try this out at Suzuka S-10 so I can finally buy that hideously expensive Ferrari.

UPDATE -
ONE HOUR AND 15 MINUTES LATER:
I just passed S-10 with these settings, except ABS to 5.
Third place, but I'll take it. :sly:
WOO HOOOOOOOOO!

UPDATE -
ONE HOUR AND 15 MINUTES LATER:
I just passed S-10 with these settings, except ABS to 5.
Third place, but I'll take it. :sly:
WOO HOOOOOOOOO!

I've just used this online at the ring...wow!!!!! you've tamed the beast!
great work

Wow! I tried these settings and won on my first try with these! I have attempted this race countless times with the GT LM, the Mines R34, the Art Morrison Vette, etc. I have had no luck with those with anyone else's settings (although someone's settings with the R34 got me to 4th but I was over 8 sec. from 3rd). I got 3rd place on the 2nd lap! The only thing I did differently from these settings was use manual. So....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! Please let me know what you come up with for S-10.

Wow! I tried these settings and won on my first try with these! I have attempted this race countless times with the GT LM, the Mines R34, the Art Morrison Vette, etc. I have had no luck with those with anyone else's settings (although someone's settings with the R34 got me to 4th but I was over 8 sec. from 3rd). I got 3rd place on the 2nd lap! The only thing I did differently from these settings was use manual. So....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! Please let me know what you come up with for S-10.

I think I used the same exact setup, but maybe upped the ABS a notch.

Yeah, I haven't tinkered with it, just dived into S-10. The car still feels solid but I just can't seem to get it. I swear, Suzuka is the worst track for penalties, or maybe its just this race but I will get sandwiched between two cars and get a ramming penalty on the 3rd lap every time! Anyway, again thanks for this set-up I think I can get S-10 with it...with some patience.

Yeah, I haven't tinkered with it, just dived into S-10. The car still feels solid but I just can't seem to get it. I swear, Suzuka is the worst track for penalties, or maybe its just this race but I will get sandwiched between two cars and get a ramming penalty on the 3rd lap every time! Anyway, again thanks for this set-up I think I can get S-10 with it...with some patience.

Watch out for the Art Morrison 'Vette! That thing plowed into me more times than I can count, and I always got the penalty. :grumpy:

When you get to the S turns after turns 1 and 2, You can take the first curve (3) at about 95-100 mph, then a bit slower on the rest of the turns up to the Dunlop curve. I use a force feedback wheel (the new Force GT). You'll have to figure out what speed works for you through there and develop a good rhythm for coasting into the turns/accelerating out of them.
Knowing when to brake for that last series of little turns at the end of the lap (The Casio Triangle) is esssential, too. I did a lot of passing right there.

hi! i can't do to setting my ford gt special ed. i race with professional physic, with pad and Active Steering OFF. i have another question. why i can't modify my Tires model in s-7?

filo84, S-7 and S-10 both have their tires fixed to R1. Monkey House, yeah the Art Morrison Vette thats up there in the pack around 7th place has always been a bit of a punter, the Blitz Skylines hare very nasty blockers and if they happen to notice you getting a clean pass on them they will ram you with their rear quarter panel as fast a possible and you get the penalty. That being said I found some settings for the Mine's Skyline that worked like a dream for this race and I beat it despite not posting as fast of times as I did the GT LM.

I know I'm a little late, but how did these settings work for S-10? It's the only race my roommate and I have left to buy the $2,000,000 Ferrari.

who play with pad and professional physic? setup for ford gt lm with pad and professional physic are very hard.. :(

My control over this vehicle changed dramatically when I switched my gas to R2 and my brake to L2 on the controller. Having good analog control over those removes some of the touchiness since you're not blasting the gas/brake every time you hit them.

Heres My setup

height +2 +2
Springs 5 9
Damp 5 9
Toe -20 +30
Camber 2.0 3.0
Brakes 7 6

Gears

1st 2.288
2nd 1.632
3rd 1.114
4th 0.953
5th 0.827
6th 0.630
Final 5

Feed Back Welcome

Today, 1:09 PM #19

Heres My setup

height +2 +2
Springs 5 9
Damp 5 9
Toe -20 +30
Camber 2.0 3.0
Brakes 7 6

Gears

1st 2.288
2nd 1.632
3rd 1.114
4th 0.953
5th 0.827
6th 0.630
Final 5

Traction control off

Feed Back Welcome
I got gold with this

I looked for forums to find the best way to complete this race, and this race alone, and 3 laps into my first advised tuning try out I'm in first. Although, for this race I was given 750pp... I could have it on a noob setting, which allows me to have more pp..? I was confused but only set everything as advised but brought the weight down to 91.

I'm not even finished the race, but people struggling on this track shouldn't wait for me to finish to find out what wonders this set up did for me :D :D

btw, how good is a 1'37.797" lap on this track?

Oh, and I use a Driving Force EX 'wheel in auto tranny, I can't stand flappy paddle 'boxes :grumpy:

I looked for forums to find the best way to complete this race, and this race alone, and 3 laps into my first advised tuning try out I'm in first. Although, for this race I was given 750pp... I could have it on a noob setting, which allows me to have more pp..? I was confused but only set everything as advised but brought the weight down to 91.

I'm not even finished the race, but people struggling on this track shouldn't wait for me to finish to find out what wonders this set up did for me :D :D

btw, how good is a 1'37.797" lap on this track?

Oh, and I use a Driving Force EX 'wheel in auto tranny, I can't stand flappy paddle 'boxes :grumpy:

I don't understand what you are trying to say....:scared::crazy:

oh yeah oh yeah got first

this time i did it same setup as beanhead, but i raced with out penalities, adn u def have to
use race cars on corners at times..
the honda s2000 wwas bitch at the end . but i beat him by 2 secs

race time 8 24.631

just beat S10 using the same settings a posted by bean head.. but i had to use standard physics, adn also drift most of the time, because theres no way to get first by racing alone

Back