Forget real life race tracks, how about a real life ROAD?

• Thread starter ZHPbimmer
  • 26 comments
United States
United States
Mini_roofer_S
does anyone miss point to point racing? How amazing would it be for PD to implement an actual driving road into the game? A public road that more people can actually relate to.

For those familiar with Los Angeles imagine a point to point section of Angeles Crest? And for anyone unfamiliar with probably USA’s greatest driving road, just watch matt Farrah’s one takes, they are all done there.

I don’t know too many great driving roads outside of the LA area but any would be a great addition to the game. The pacific coast highway by big sur is another!

I did actually come to really enjoy the hill climb (can’t remeber the name now!) from GT6, but I’d prefer more real tracks before they add hill climb stages....

Also aren’t they still supposed to be adding that ‘course maker’ thing? If they added that you could make some really brilliant hill climbs

Given the lack of tracks we have now because of the time it takes to create one to that level of detail. Even a 4 mile stretch of road would have us waiting months...months!

I'd like point2point a lot, but I think right now more people want to race on tracks they know and there are lots of famous ones missing - like Spa, La Sarthe, Laguna Seca etc. I personally would like to see Ascari back from GT6.

Given the lack of tracks we have now because of the time it takes to create one to that level of detail. Even a 4 mile stretch of road would have us waiting months...months!

Yea did think of that. But project cars did that with the pacific coast highway. So it can be done

I like roads in Driveclub VR for just going for a cruise, I'm not a fan of fantasy race tracks, but real roads are fun especially in VR.

I would really love to have goodwood hill climb in VR, that would be awesome, comparing the cars.

Pikes peak would be nice in GTS VR to be able to use different cars, as Dirt Rally VR limits pikes peak to a few pikes peak cars.

Snake pass.

Will it still have the blanket 50mph speed limit?

It's only those last few miles between after Hope Woods (by the Snake Pass Inn) and the drop down to Glossop that are any good. The rest of it is just too narrow, twisty and unsighted or just plain dull.

Could using a real road come back to hurt PD/Sony if the road fills with people trying to match their times eventually causing injury, damage and potentially death to themselves and others?

I'd love a point to point for driving on my own but this is an online focused racing game and I think laps of a circuit is a much better format for that. So I'm saying more circuits! But I'm hardly in a rush like some are :-)

Point to point would be awesome if executed correctly, maybe like the rallys we had in GT5 where every car was on the same track non-ghosted but started in gaps of 10(?) seconds.

I did actually come to really enjoy the hill climb (can’t remeber the name now!) from GT6, but I’d prefer more real tracks before they add hill climb stages....

Also aren’t they still supposed to be adding that ‘course maker’ thing? If they added that you could make some really brilliant hill climbs

There was talk of Pike's Peak being included. Also, The Isle of Mann. I don't know the status of those.

There are a lot of tracks that are NOT the original GT Fictional tracks that I'd think can be updated to Sport with less work(Silverstone, Spa, Laguna, maybe even Ascari), get those out first before thinking about scratch building others.

To add to my previous comment - there are plenty of historic racing circuits that were made from public roads. Spa Francorchamps (14 km), Reims, Solitude, Sachsenring (8km) are examples. I don't think any point to point road would add value more than old road circuits I mentioned.

Back