Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
There was no 2J , just a few McLaren F1s and slower touring cars.
When I did that race, the 2J was not much faster, but won by so much because all the other cars went in the pits much earlier then they needed to. I did it in B Spec mode.

When I did that race, the 2J was not much faster, but won by so much because all the other cars went in the pits much earlier then they needed to. I did it in B Spec mode.
I've been thinking about getting the 2J for a while, but I don't want to risk a big investment.

I've been thinking about getting the 2J for a while, but I don't want to risk a big investment.
You should seriously get it. Its powerful, underrated, and will help you win many races. It has the third highest mileage in my garage out of 110 cars.

You should seriously get it. Its powerful, underrated, and will help you win many races. It has the third highest mileage in my garage out of 110 cars.
It's actually really overrated if you think about it. Take a look at the race car time trial seasonals and the top 1000 or so will be in the 2J. Plus, a lot of lobbies will ban the 2J since it is just too fast.

Looks like the GT LM is capable of nearly anything that is thrown at it. Even better is that is was easy for me to tune, even though it had a lot of understeer at first. I'll have to hold on to this car because I think it is a winner amongst other cars in its class. Anyways, this week we're moving on to week 19! For this week, I realized that a lot of the cars that I've mentioned have been standard. So I decided to search for some forgotten premiums. This weeks forgotten car is . . . . .

ferrari_sp1__08_by_gt6_garage-d73eozr.png

This one of a kind model, built to order by Fioravanti, was based on the F430.

Price: $1,500,000
Displacement: --- cc
Max Power: 495 HP
Max Torque: 343 ft lb
Drivetrain / Aspiration: MR / NA
Length: --- in
Width: --- in
Height: ---in
Weight: 1,450 kg
The Ferrari SP1 '08. One of my favorite looking cars of the game, I instantly knew I had to buy it. It does have a pretty hefty price tag of $1,500,000, so I could've just bought the F430 instead. But I think this car is way cooler looking. How does it drive? I got to know this car almost instantly, so this car must be very good.

Ferrari had a tradition of "bespoke", or coach building cars with higher craftsmanship, customized with royalty and clientele. The SP1 was a revival of this tradition for the first time in 50 years. The base car is the F430, and the body design was done by no other than Leonardo Fioravanti, the man who created the legendary cars like the Dino 206, the 365GTB/4 Daytona, and the 512 Berlinetta Boxer, as the chief stylist for Pininfarina in the years past. Because this is the official model that is manufactured by Ferrari and even warrantied by them, most parts of the car are taken from the F430 and other models.

The SP1 does not mean just " speciale ", it means Sport Prototipo, from racing cars of the 1950s like the 268sp and the 246sp. The number 1 means of course this is car number one, and shows how important this car is to Ferrari as well. What do you think? Feel free to comment below, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

I second this.
I remembered the TVRs seemed really slippery and lacked grip back in GT2, used to think it was from being so light but powerful.
I when I tried the Cerbera Speed six in GT6 (at Ascari), I was blown away at how stable it was - awesome handling for a light powerful NA FR car.
I just wish they included the Cerbera 4.5 V8.

I would like this monster too in GT6 and it is weird that PD left that out when we have Speed 12.

Looks like the GT LM is capable of nearly anything that is thrown at it. Even better is that is was easy for me to tune, even though it had a lot of understeer at first. I'll have to hold on to this car because I think it is a winner amongst other cars in its class. Anyways, this week we're moving on to week 19! For this week, I realized that a lot of the cars that I've mentioned have been standard. So I decided to search for some forgotten premiums. This weeks forgotten car is . . . . .

ferrari_sp1__08_by_gt6_garage-d73eozr.png

This one of a kind model, built to order by Fioravanti, was based on the F430.

Price: $1,500,000
Displacement: --- cc
Max Power: 495 HP
Max Torque: 343 ft lb
Drivetrain / Aspiration: MR / NA
Length: --- in
Width: --- in
Height: ---in
Weight: 1,450 kg
The Ferrari SP1 '08. One of my favorite looking cars of the game, I instantly knew I had to buy it. It does have a pretty hefty price tag of $1,500,000, so I could've just bought the F430 instead. But I think this car is way cooler looking. How does it drive? I got to know this car almost instantly, so this car must be very good.

Ferrari had a tradition of "bespoke", or coach building cars with higher craftsmanship, customized with royalty and clientele. The SP1 was a revival of this tradition for the first time in 50 years. The base car is the F430, and the body design was done by no other than Leonardo Fioravanti, the man who created the legendary cars like the Dino 206, the 365GTB/4 Daytona, and the 512 Berlinetta Boxer, as the chief stylist for Pininfarina in the years past. Because this is the official model that is manufactured by Ferrari and even warrantied by them, most parts of the car are taken from the F430 and other models.

The SP1 does not mean just " speciale ", it means Sport Prototipo, from racing cars of the 1950s like the 268sp and the 246sp. The number 1 means of course this is car number one, and shows how important this car is to Ferrari as well. What do you think? Feel free to comment below, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!
Half the reason why this is a forgotten car is because of it's ridiculously high price.

Hey guys, been a little while since I've posted. Just wanted to let everyone know that I have a very special car planned for next week (week 20). Feel free to take any guesses (Hint: Think classic, but not old).

How long have you been saving? Most I have ever saved for a car in GT6 is 4.5 million, for the Chaparral 2J.
About 2 weeks. Shouldn't take too long if I keep grinding on the red bull standard championship. I'm at ~$8,000,000 right now.

What do you plan do to with your GT40? Race it, drive it online, or just keep it for show.
Little bit of each. Mainly want to drive it around Sarthe and maybe have s classic le mans race.

1. Not everyone did the money glitch
  2. Not everyone likes to drop tons of cash onto a car that is nearly the same as a cheaper car
You don't need a glitch to work up $1.5 Mil. I own 3 $20 Million cars and am already eyeing the GTO as my fourth.

While I did get the 2J in GT5, I skipped getting it (so far) this time around. Really have no use for it. did get the 2D, though. I have the die-cast model, so . . . . well, to elaborate, I like having die-cast models of the cars in my GT garage. And vice versa.

About the SP1 - not only was it bespoke, the customer wanted it designed to be 'sexy'. In fact he specified it have 'feminine' lines.

I have all the Ferraris (in fact 3 GTOs)- this was one of the first I bought. Haven't regretted it yet. Awesome car. Will throw in some pics later. Was browsing GTPlanet quickly before brekkie . . .

Finally made it to week 20!!! But before I get to that, I'd like to say some last words about the SP1. Very competitive car that can definitely give other sports cars a run for their money. Anyone who is a car collector should have this car in their garage, or if you prefer the F430, that is good as well. One thing's for sure, this beauty is not leaving my garage anytime soon. Now for this week. This thread has come a long way since the beginning since the 323F/Lantis. I even have cars planned in advance up to week 30! Long story short, thank you guys for your continuous support for this thread. Since it is week 20, I figured I would pick a car that is 20 years old. And coincidentally, there is a well known car that turns 20 years old this year, but is overshadowed by its younger siblings. This weeks forgotten car is . . . .

nissan_skyline_gt_r__r33___95_by_gt6_garage-d7i45kt.png

When this 4th-gen GT-R made its debut, it posted amazing real-world performance numbers.

Price: $47,850
Displacement: 2,568 cc
Max Power: 276 HP / 6,800 rpm
Max Torque: 271.2 ft-lbs / 4,400 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: 4wd / T
Length: 184.1 in
Width: 70.1 in
Height: 53.5 in
Weight: 1,530 kg
The Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) '95. Possibly the most iconic car of the Gran Turismo series, this car turns 20 years old this year. But it's really sad on how this car is so underrated compared to the R34. If I were to ask a bunch of people if they preferred the R33 or R34, 95% of those people would say the R34 right away. Maybe it because of 2 fast 2 furious, I don't know. But anyhow, the R33 is still in the hearts of many car enthusiasts.

When the ninth generation skyline sedan was introduced, one model was missing conspicuously from the lineup, the GT-R. The R32 GT-R was still being sold at the dealerships, but engineers were working on a car that would surpass the R32. The car was unveiled at the 1993 Tokyo motor show, but fans were forced to wait until January 1995 for it to hit the dealerships. Although many had their doubts on the R33, it not only met peoples expectations, it surpassed them. In a test on the Nurburgring, the R33's time was 21 seconds faster than the R32.

Under the R33's hood, there was the RB26DETT, but this one was more refined. It pumped out a whopping 276 HP at 6,800 rpm and 276.2 ft-lbs of torque at 4,400 rpm. Gear selection was performed through a 5-speed manual gearbox that sent power to Nissan's ATESSA E-TS all-wheel-drive system. Also included in the mix was an active LSD, strut-tower bar, and powerful ABS-equipped Brembo brakes. In 1996, Nissan released the R33 LM limited edition to commemorate the 24 hours of le-mans. What do you think of this beast. Share your thoughts below, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Back