Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
Been tuning this car for a while now and I think I finally came down to a tune. Tested it on Tsukuba and managed to get a 52.241 (550pp with RS tires). I will keep working with this car, and I might post a tune in the tune forum soon.

I noticed that there is some mixed feelings about the '62 Special. Some love it, some hate it. Sure, there are other tuned cars that are premium, but I prefer the classics. I do agree that the performance has gotten a bit worse than in previous GT games, but I believe that it deserves a place in GT6. This week I decided to takes thing off the beaten path, if you know what I mean. It's even my favorite car in its class. This weeks forgotten car is . . . . .

subaru_impreza_rally_car_prototype__01_by_gt6_garage-d7f488u.png

Subaru's 2001 Impreza rally car ushered a new level of aerodynamics into the sport.

Price: $300,000
Displacement: --- cc
Max Power: 295 HP / 5,500 rpm
Max Torque: 347.1 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: 4WD / T
Length: 173.4 in.
Width: 69.7 in.
Height: --- in.
Weight: 1,230 kg
The Subaru Impreza rally car '01. (Note: I could not find a picture of the actual rally car, so I had to use the prototype model instead.) First thing I have to say about this car is that if you are looking for a rally car, this is the car for you. I had a fun time tuning this car and to drive it was even better. It would be even better to relive some childhood memories of driving this countless laps around the Tahiti Maze.

The year 2001 was a noteworthy year for the WRC (World Rally Championship) Impreza rally machine. Not only did the road going Impreza undergo a full model change, the race went from a 2-door to a 4-door body style. Naturally there were concerns of body rigidty with the new car, but Subaru made sure it possessed as much, or even more structural rigidity than its predecessor without any weight increase. But what really set the new car apart from the 2-door were the dramatically improved aerodynamics, a product of a new body style that was highlighted by the cars unusual face.

The revitalized Impreza gave driver Richard Burns a victory in the 10th round at New Zealand. In 2002, STI engineers improved the engines torque, lightened the chassis and improved structual rigidity. They entered two cars in the WRC, piloted by Tommi Mäkinen and Peter Solberg; however, they fell short of the title that year. Determined to win, Subaru completely redesigned the front fascia and the rear wing to improve aerodynamics. Low-end torque was improved to gain speed out of the corners. As a result, Peter Solberg recorded four wins out of 14 races and took the drivers championship. Four-time world champion Tommi Mäkinen decided to end his 17 year career here, and the Impreza rally car became the last rally car he raced. So what do you think? Feel free to comment, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Have to agree this is a sweet rally car, one of my favourites. Love the balance/power/grip combination, very flickable.

Brother has just bought an 02 STI IRL and it's even more impressive than in game. Pushes like a V8, on boost, likes to be over 4k to keep it singing.

Happy easter everyone, and also happy birthday to me! More on that in a moment, but first, what's my final review of the Impreza rally car '01? One word: Awesome. I have not gotten a chance to race this online yet, but I can already tell that it will be a winner online or offline. Or if you're looking for a good off-road machine, give this car a try and see for yourself. Now, today I turn 17 years old so I thought, why not choose a car from 17 years ago, and I think I found the perfect vehicle. So this weeks forgotten car is . . . . . . . .

advert6.jpg

advert5.jpg

This car possesses plenty of spirit, despite its restrained exterior appearance-ideal for the discerning enthusiast.

Price: $71,220
Displacement: 2,671 cc
Max Power: 261HP
Max Torque: ---
Length: 176.5 in.
Width: 68.2 in.
Height: 55.0 in.
Weight: 1,510 kg​

The Audi S4 '98. Fun car to drive back in the days of GT3, but the physics back then were totally different from what they are today, so I have no idea what to expect from this car. In fact, I haven't even driven this car since GT4, so driving it on the PS3 should be interesting.

Two years after the Audi premium sedan, the A4 made its debut in 1995, the company from Ingolstadt, Germany, unveiled the sporty variant wearing the heralded "S" emblem. The "S" in S4 stood for "sport", but enthusiasts knew it stood for much more than that. Simply put, it turned the sheepish looming sedan into a wolf. To keep the sheep-in-wolf-clothing theme true, Audi opted not to overly spice up the cars interior, but it did include a 17 inch steering wheel, a larger vent for the front spoiler, and dual exhaust pipes, all which set apart the S4 from the A4.

Inside the heart of this mechanical canine is a formidable powerplant. Powering all four wheels is a 2,671 cc twin-turbocharged DOHC V6 with the company's valve timing technology. It pumps out 261 HP at 5,800 rpm and peak torque is at 295.1 ft-lbs. All with a 6-speed manual gearbox. The end result is a sports sedan that can outrun many sports cars of its day, yet exhibit a smooth quality. So what do you think? All comment are appreciated, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as you lol, haven't driven the s4 since GT3 and it was my go to car for the professional 4WD and Turbo races back then.

I've been meaning to buy this car in GT6 for some time now, but I never did...I'll be sure to buy this car when boot up GT6 again!

I won the Eiger 500 PP seasonal event yesterday with a S4, tuned by me. I tried it on CS, but could not manage to get Gold so I switched to Sport Hard and gave the dampers more compression. It still feels a little bit oversteering and floaty so I need to change the rear spring rates, I think.

On stock, it feels very floaty but has great acceleration, thanks to Audis AWD technology. It is a shame that it is not premium, because IMO it is one of the last beautiful Audis. 👍

Edit: The sound with, I think, racing exhaust is really good! You would not expect this from a standard car but it sounds just right!

Last edited:
Now, today I turn 17 years old

Happy super-late birthday! Welcome to the 17 year old age! :)

Been tracking this thread for a lil while, buying and using the cars suggested as a way to slowly build up the virtual garage! May seem silly but it's fun in it's own way.
Would just love to say thank you, and I hope you continue to maintain this for a long time to come ^^

I hope you continue to maintain this for a long time to come ^^
As long as I don't run out of any "forgotten" vehicles to name, I think I'm good. I have up to week 30 planned so far, so I shouldn't have to worry about closing this thread for a long time :D

i use the slk 230 today, 498pp is a bullet overtaking some gtr nismo and follow close a 458 around nordschleife. Is a perfect 50:50 weight distribution :eek:

The S4 is a car that has never left my mind since seeing it in GT3. Really a fun car to drive for anyone just looking for a random car to mess around with. Come to think of it, it would be cool to see a head-to-head race between the '98 and the '03 model (with equal PP of course). This weeks car is one that I have come to like in the real world, and also in the virtual world as well. This weeks forgotten car is............

mini_cooper_s_countryman__r60___11_by_gt6_garage-d72aa8o.png

A zippy, yet spacious version of the MINI, the MINI Cooper S Countryman featured side opening doors for better access and more utility.

Price: $34,500
Displacement: 1,598 cc
Power: 181 HP / 5,500 rpm
Torque: 177.2 ft-lb / 1,600-5,000 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FF / T
Length: 161.8 in
Width: 70.4 in
Height: 61.5 in
Weight: 1,310 kg
The MINI Cooper S Countryman (R60) '11. When I first seen this in GT5 as a dlc car I thought "OK it's just another useless MINI", but when I started driving it, it was quite fun. Had fun driving it off road thinking it was a rally car, which it wasn't. I have heard rumors that it has terrifying understeer in GT6, but I'll try this out for myself and see how it turns out.

Announced in 2006, the second generation "new" MINI Cooper, which BMW reinvented in 2001, came in the form of a coupe, a hatchback and convertible. In 2007, BMW expanded the lineup by introducing the clubman, which offered the added convenience of more interior volume with the model's signature first-rate handling and excellent power delivery. In early 2010, MINI introduced the first 4-door version of the MINI called the "Countryman", that gave the compact car some SUV flair.

It's significantly larger than the standard MINI, with a larger body size that is 14.3 inches longer, 4.3 inches wider and 4.7 inches taller. In Japan, the car is not called the Countryman, but was given the name " Crossover", the same designation as that of the prototype annou cex in 2008. The car reached dealerships in September of 2010. With an expanded model lineup that now features a convertible version, these larger Clubman/Countryman versions of the MINI help provide all of the fun of the original while delivering additional room for kids and a more refined quality that their parents can appreciate. So what do you think of this "SUV" MINI? Let me know, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
I never wanted to pay for this car (which came with the XJR, I think).

I also never drove it in GT6, I might buy it sometime, but I think it is really ugly.

I think I've come down to a tune on this car. I will post it before the end of the week 👍

Finally came up with a tune for the MINI. Check it out in the tunes forum 👍

Wow, a triple post. Anyways, the Countryman can be a fast machine in the hands of the right driver. Raced it online and beat a camaro ss and an nsx gt500 base model! Maybe that was luck, but nobody should underestimate this little rocket. This week, since I am away from my PS3 right now, I figured I would choose a car that I enjoyed a lot back in the PS2 era, and I found the perfect car. So this weeks forgotten car is........

mitsubishi_hsr_ii__89_by_gt6_garage-d7ff187.png

The sleek and futuristic looking Mitsubishi HSR-ll Concept had active aerodynamics.

Price: $300,000
Displacement: 2,972 cc
Power: 334 HP / 7,000 rpm
Torque: 325.4 ft-lb / 2,500-4,500 rpm
Length: 189.0 in
Width: 76.8 in
Height: 45.9 in
Weight: 1,200 kg
The Mitsubishi HSR-ll Concept '89! First thing you might say about this car is how could this possibly come from Mitsubishi? I consider this to be one of the most radical concepts I've ever seen. Coolest thing about it is how much aerodynamics it has.

The Mitsubishi HSR-ll (Highly Sophisticated-transport Research) was an experimental concept vehicle developed in 1989. The first HSR was announced at the 27th Tokyo Motor Show in 1987, followed by the second version the next year at the 28th Tokyo Motor Show. Powered by a newly developed 3-liter DOHC twin-turbo V6 powerplant, the car performed integrated control of the full-time 4WD.

Integrating all this is the OSCll, an advanced electronic control system made up of seven computers. In addition to attitude control, the OSCll also performed functions such as course tracing, automatic vehicle following and automatic parking, earning the "computer midship" nickname. It took on an organic design, combining functionality and beauty, and as a result of pursuing the ultimate in high tech, it seemed to give off an air that was seemingly human in nature. What do you think? Let me know, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
The Mitsu is beautiful and interesting car, definitely worth a try. Most interesting is the active aerodynamik, something that you can find on a Huayra today. :)

The HSR-ll took me by surprise. Tested on route x and it hit 271 mph, which is really fast for a Mitsubishi. It's ahead of its time, and also introduced something that a lot of sports cars have today. Aerodynamics. Anybody looking for a "different" car should take this info consideration. This week I decided to stay in Japan, a country that has built some of the best cars in history. This weeks forgotten car is..........

mazdaspeed_atenza__05_by_gt6_garage-d7h4kyg.png

The Mazdaspeed version of the Atenza is a high-performance concept version of the handsome sedan.

Price: $60,000
Displacement: --- cc
Power: 268 HP / 5,500 rpm
Torque: 279.9 ft-lb / 3,000 rpm
Length: ---
Width: ---
Height---
Weight: 1,500 kg
The Mazda Mazdaspeed Atenza '05. Thanks to @All Your Base for the suggestion. Basically what I think of this car is that it's just a modified atenza, but I find it interesting how it is a 4WD car. I own one of these in GT5 and it is quick, so GT6 shouldn't be much different.

Mazda has a habit of making high performance versions of its cars, even if that car is a 4-door people-hauler. Thus, the Mazdaspeed6 was created, a special high-performance version of the company's mid-sized sedan, the Mazda6. The Mazdaspeed6 (called the Mazdaspeed Atenza in Japan, the Mazda6 MPS in Europe) was unveiled at the 2004 Paris Motor Show.Under its hood was a newly-developed turbocharged 2.3-liter direct-injection inline-4 that sent power to all four wheels. The engine was not just about peak power, but was tuned to produce a hearty low-end punch, usually uncharacteristic for a turbocharged engine.

Mazda also improved the car's chassis. Mazdaspeed engineers made sure the body could handle the extra engine power by strengthening structural rigidity and firming up the car's suspension system. The all-wheel-drive system consisted of Mazda's own Active Torque Control Coupling system that managed the torque between the front and rear wheels for maximum cornering ability. It monitored the car's steering angle, yaw rate, lateral G-force and engine conditions in real time, enabling the system to adaptively adjust the torque split ratio from 100 percent to the front tires to a 50/50 split between the front and the rear.
The car looked sportier than the base model thanks to a revised hood, 18-in. wheels and air intakes in the front bumper. The Mazdaspeed6, which went on sale in 2005, was a refreshing entry in an otherwise stale segment.

Last edited:
Nearly bought one (Mazdaspeed6) IRL. The only reason I didn't was prohibitively high insurance, especially as an 18-year-old in Michigan. Very cool car. Mr. Regular did a nice review of it.

Warning: It's Mr. Regular. You should know what to expect.

Just got done testing this car, and what netter place to test than Laguna Seca. Like any 4WD car, this car likes to understeer. I like the sound of the stock exhaust, plus this car has some get-up-and-go to it. Managed to get a 1.47.653 for a best lap.

My favourite car in GT6 (together with the 2007 Atenza) because it comes closest to my real life car, a 626 GW.

I really like the design of this vehicle. It has a great engine and with a good suspension it can be surprisingly quick. Definitely worth a try! :)

At Mid-Field, stock, no oil change, Comfort Soft tires.

The MazdaSpeed competes with these cars:

1:27.183 - 428 - SRT SRT4 '03
1:27.186 - 429 - Ford Focus ST '13
1:27.237 - 434 - Toyota Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo R '90
1:27.309 - 395 - Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe '99
1:27.342 - 423 - Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04
1:27.363 - 410 - Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91
1:27.368 - 431 - Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06
1:27.406 - 408 - Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85
1:27.444 - 428 - Audi S4 '98
1:27.460 - 417 - Chrysler Crossfire '04
1:27.530 - 414 - Honda Civic Type R '08
1:27.539 - 414 - Honda Civic Type R (EP) '04
1:27.572 - 410 - Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '99
1:27.613 - 439 - Mazda Mazdaspeed Atenza '05
1:27.762 - 433 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95
1:27.790 - 428 - Volkswagen Golf VI R '10
1:27.802 - 429 - Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88
1:27.817 - 433 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94
1:27.842 - 420 - BMW Z4 '03
1:27.847 - 421 - Honda Accord Coupe EX '03
1:27.899 - 422 - Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88
1:27.964 - 427 - Alfa Romeo 147 GTA '02
1:27.991 - 404 - Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97
1:28.115 - 424 - Audi A3 3.2 Quattro '03

Possibly the most interesting is the Golf VI R '10 being no faster than the Mazdaspeed.

Latest Posts

Back