Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
I've been driving the Mazda Demio Sport '10 since yesterday evening and I'm loving it :D Did some modifications to it (well, pretty much all available :rolleyes:), and it looks really cool and handles pretty good as well, except for a bit of understeer..
View attachment 312862
(It looks cooler in-game during replays)
I love the demio! Really fun to drive, especially on the nurb.

How about the Volvo 360 cup car as driven as in the Dutch DNRT

Attachments

• big_35316200_0_550-367.jpg
    big_35316200_0_550-367.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 8
I was taught the difference between drivetrains in GT3. I learnt that most cars were FR, fast ones were MR and slow ones were FF. Also, the lack of traction annoys me with FWD. I love mid-engine 4WD. The handling but the grip. That's why I love the ZZII.

I was taught the difference between drivetrains in GT3. I learnt that most cars were FR, fast ones were MR and slow ones were FF. Also, the lack of traction annoys me with FWD. I love mid-engine 4WD. The handling but the grip. That's why I love the ZZII.
You can have so much fun with FF though

Put some crap tyres on it, put a high rpm turbo, make a good ol' hot hatch :lol:

You can have so much fun with FF though

Put some crap tyres on it, put a high rpm turbo, make a good ol' hot hatch :lol:
Sorry but I'll always prefer my 120d...or for that matter my 512 BB.

Might try your idea though. The FF Clio RS might be a good candidate.

I don't see the 2008 Civic Type R mentioned or posted and if so then rarely. Its handling is amazing stock and on just Comfort Medium tires. So far I've only tried it with a wheel.

Off Topic but i wished if we could have that Type R Civic, i mean we (Were i live) already had that Civic model but sadly Honda are being "racist" with everyone one else who isn't Japanese by having The Type R model only in their country...

On topic: I had a good fun driving that car.

I don't see an FTO too often.
I'm actually surprised the FTO is so underrated. PD gave it a premium exterior this year with aero parts and a carbon hood option, but nobody seems to care. The handling is pretty good for its class. Only seen it once online.
image.jpg
And then there is the FTO Super Touring Car. Has been in every GT game except Gran Turismo 3. Also rarely ever used, which is sad since it is such a great car and wins many races.
image.jpg

I'm actually surprised the FTO is so underrated. PD gave it a premium exterior this year with aero parts and a carbon hood option, but nobody seems to care. The handling is pretty good for its class. Only seen it once online.View attachment 314256And then there is the FTO Super Touring Car. Has been in every GT game except Gran Turismo 3. Also rarely ever used, which is sad since it is such a great car and wins many races.View attachment 314257

So true... ! This car needs some TLC from PD (make it premium) and as a base model. I would love to see this car in different colors/schemes. Would be a good cup car online too ! Okay, I like his underdog position, and he will loss that, but he deserves a better and higher rate !

So true... ! This car needs some TLC from PD (make it premium) and as a base model. I would love to see this car in different colors/schemes. Would be a good cup car online too ! Okay, I like his underdog position, and he will loss that, but he deserves a better and higher rate !
If PD made the FTO Super Touring Car premium (detailed exterior and interior, base model option, aero parts, etc) than it would probably be used online almost as much as the HSVs and TS030s.

If PD made the FTO Super Touring Car premium (detailed exterior and interior, base model option, aero parts, etc) than it would probably be used online almost as much as the HSVs and TS030s.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.There are actually a bunch of premium cars that nobody uses, like the cizeta V16T, which was made premium over the standard model in GT5. But it would be very cool to see the FTO TC made into premium.:sly:

Sorry for double-posting, but the Esperante GTR-1 is actually a fun car to drive. Sure, every now and then it will get a little crazy, but I tried it in the nurb 24min and it beat 2nd place by over two minutes! So would this car be worth buying? It's a tough one for me to say on this one, but you can find out for yourself. This week I'm going back to the more "civilized" cars. I find this car to be a rocket on nearly every track, though a lot of people don't think much of it. This weeks forgotten car is . . . . . .

lotus_elan_s1__62_by_gt6_garage-d7dbdu2.png

A convertible lightweight sports car made to outdo the Elite.

Price: $57,710
Displacement: 1,558 cc
Max power: 103 hp / 5,500 rpm
Max torque: 107.7 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FR / NA
Length: 145.0 inches
Width: 56.0 inches
Height: 45.2 inches
Weight: 639 kg
The Lotus Elan S1 '62. Probably my favorite lotus in GT6, this car has enough horsepower and is lightweight enough to beat nearly any other lightweight in its class. I really didn't think much of this car when I first seen it back in GT4, but thought different when I nearly lost to one in a race.

When the Lotus Elite was first put into production with its fiberglass body, orders poured in to fast for production to keep up. Back in the United States, the market demanded a convertible model. Since the Elite could not be made into a convertible, Lotus decided to make their third production car. This car became known as the Elan. Although the design is based on the elite, the Elan had a monocoque backbone frame in which the steel components are reinforced with a fiberglass chassis.

The original Elan, later known as the S1, is powered by a Ford 1558cc DOHC inline-4 engine that pushes to a max speed of 114 mph. Its sharp handling and acceleration made it a fierce competitor among its generational rivals. The styling came from the founder, Colin Chapman, and the aerodynamics expert, John Freiring. The grill-less anterior came with retractable headlights by using the inlet pressure of the engine. The Elan continued to be produced by Lotus up to the Series IV in 1968, and was reigned at the top of the eras lightweight sports cars. So what do you think of this car? Let me know in the comments below, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

And then there is the FTO Super Touring Car. Has been in every GT game except Gran Turismo 3. Also rarely ever used, which is sad since it is such a great car and wins many races.View attachment 314257
This car was in GT3 as the FTO LM Race Car, my favourite car in GT history. :cheers:

I need to get myself the Lotus Elan, I've been meaning to for quite some time because it just looks great.

Was the Alfa Romeo Brera mentioned here? I just bought one recently and I like the engine sounds on it, too front-heavy tho.
I've heard a lot of negative things about the Brera. Maybe I should buy one and see for myself.

Last edited:
Was the Alfa Romeo Brera mentioned here? I just bought one recently and I like the engine sounds on it, too front-heavy tho.
I like the car. Aside from it's rather horrid F-R weight distribution, it seems like it could be a formidable rally fighter.

It's that time of the week again, so what is my review of the Elan S1? The car definitely has its heritage, and it is a super fun car to drive in GT6 though you may be sliding through a few corners with it. All in all, I think this car is worth driving, so I would recommend buying it when you have the chance. This week I decided to look at an obvious car that everyone knows, but somehow it is left out with the others. This weeks forgotten car is.........

ford_gt_lm_race_car_by_gt6_garage-d7dxjsv.png

Gran Turismo commemorates the return of the legendary Le Mans winning racing machine by offering its own interpretation.

Price: $1,600,000
Displacement: 5,400 cc
Max Power: 591 HP / --- rpm
Max Torque: --- ft-lb / --- rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: MR / SC
Length: 181.2 in.
Width: 75.6 in.
Height: --- in.
Weight: 1150 kg
The Ford GT LM Race Car '02. Everyone knows the ford gt. But not too many know about this car. Didn't think much of this car when I first seen it in GT4, but this car is actually pretty cool, especially with the gulf livery like the old GT40. I'll give this car a go this week, so stay tuned for updates.

As a reinterpretation of the classic 1960s GT40 that won four straight 24 hour of le
mans, the new version featured the latest and greatest technology. With that in mind, Gran Turismo decided to make its own contemporary Le Mans specs, they call it the Ford GT LM. The powertrain remains the same as found in the production Ford GT, being a supercharged 5.4 liter DOHC V8 mounted behind the seats. But the stock horsepower was raised from 550 to 591 HP for the race model. A 6-speed manual gearbox was also added.

The LM has the exact proportions of its stock model, measuring 15.1 ft bumper to bumper and 6.3 ft wide. The chassis is an aluminum space frame design incorporating all of the latest technologies, and the body is composed of entirely carbon fiber. The suspension system consists of a double wishbone configuration fore and aft, making the curb weight just 1150kg. So what do you guys think? Let me know below, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
Just bought the GT LM, and what better way to test it out by doing an endurance race. Decided to do the apricot hill race because I had no idea on how it would do on the nurb. Two McLaren f1s took up first and second place, and it was actually a struggle to gain time on those two because this car has a lot of under steer to deal with. You also need to be careful not to punch on the gas in the tighter corners or you will easily spin out. It is actually a good thing I didn't take this to the nurb because it would've been a scary ride, especially at night with %100 surface water. One bright side to this car is that it is very conservative on feul. I only pitted once on the 10:00 mark, and still had over a quarter tank of feul left! But thanks to my pit strategy and careful driving, I managed to beat the AI by about 10 seconds.

IMG_20150303_185842202.jpg

Now it's time for me to tune this beast.

Last edited:
Just bought the GT LM, and what better way to test it out by doing an endurance race. Decided to do the apricot hill race because I had no idea on how it would do on the nurb. Two McLaren f1s took up first and second place, and it was actually a struggle to gain time on those two because this car has a lot of under steer to deal with. You also need to be careful not to punch on the gas in the tighter corners or you will easily spin out. It is actually a good thing I didn't take this to the nurb because it would've been a scary ride, especially at night with %100 surface water. One bright side to this car is that it is very conservative on feul. I only pitted once on the 10:00 mark, and still had over a quarter tank of feul left! But thanks to my pit strategy and careful driving, I managed to beat the AI by about 10 seconds.

View attachment 321864

Now it's time for me to tune this beast.
Just curious, what race is that? I am guessing its the 600pp race car seasonal at the Nurburgring.

Nope. It's the apricot hill 20 minute endurance race in the S events.

My bad. Did that event a Chaparral 2J (the multi million classic one) and lapped half of the cars in the race. Should get a video of my Chap.
There was no 2J , just a few McLaren F1s and slower touring cars.

Back