miata13BFreaking bold doesn't work on bold. . . The Daytona Iroc R/T has been shown, the Starion, Corrado, GTI R32, Even a '04 BMW 3 series Sport Wagon that had been converted into a M3 : )
MrktMkr1986Also, the Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe is a forgotten sports car!![]()
M5PowerThe Daytona IROC R/T is an unbelievable performer - for a vehicle I've never seen or heard mentioned. Ever. In fact, until this very moment I've questioned whether they actually exist. Seriously.
Yugo DSC MaxxerM5Power, I thank you for recognizing the Starion.
Jetboys427How about a Chrysler Conquest TSi?
FirebirdThat's hi-frickin'-larious considering Your Opinion: Do I Get It? .
There was definitely a convertible Dakota...never heard of the Shelby though.M5PowerWas there ever a Shelby Dakota or a convertible Dakota?
M5PowerWas there ever a Shelby Dakota or a convertible Dakota?
neon_dukeI believe I've also seen a Jeep Comanche convertible - being unibody, I would assume it was even floppier than the Dak.
Well, as I'm sure you know, unibodies depend on the rigidity of the shell itself rather than bolting body assemblies to the frame rails. So cutting a chunk out of that shell would interfere with the overall strength, even if you reinforced the remainder.FirebirdAnd why would a unibody be floppier than a body-on-frame?
Jetboys427Duke, do you just pull this stuff out of the air?![]()
skip0110There was definitely a convertible Dakota...never heard of the Shelby though.
Yes and yes.
I've never seen a convertible Dakota in person, but I have seen a Shelby Dakota in person. The Shelby Dakota was the first Dakota to be fitted with a V8.
M5PowerWhat years did they make the Shelby? I've seen three or four convertibles but never a Shelby.
...
Until now it was just a matter of finding the production years, which I've done, but now I can't find the years on the Shelby.
Jetboys427How about a Chrysler Conquest TSi?
![]()
These were the stablemates to the Mitsu Starion Turbos.
Each one had:
Leather seats
5-speed manual
Full gauging, including Turbo boost meter!
"Turbo" Stitching on the seat belts
and rear-wheel-drive.
Very nice, extremely clean, and a great jobHotrodTSiI have an 89 Conquest with several mods:
Aussie Magna MPI w/65mm Ford TB
Mitsu 19C turbo
Header w/3" Exh
Roller Cam
check my CarDomain link http://members.cardomain.com/hotrodtsi