Format Iders?

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 4 comments
United States
Albuquerque, NM
Frizbe
Darth Frizbe
I got to thinking tonight.. that the damn poll for week one should be closed by now.. I mean I wanna see the winner! but this is what I was thinking, I like the idea of the comps but I think the submitting/judging format needs some fine tunning. so Post upo your ideas, unless this gets locked for being retarded :crazy: Here is my idea:
The theme is posted on Moday, we get 'till Saturday to submit at say 5:00 Mountain Time the submissions end, max of 40 (30 filled up way fast but 40+ would be kinda unmanageable). Saturday night thru the nextSunday night at 5:00 MT we vote. On Monday the next theme is decided, by Slick. This gives 6 days for submitting and 8 days for voteing. I think the winner pick next theme idea is cool but what if that person doesn't frequent the boards often? Are we left hangin? Maybe if when sub,itting the Final Entry we post our theme, so if we win the theme we would like would be right there for everyone, and we could get started right away?
OK that was long but I hope someone reads it.

pretty good idea on posting your next weeks theme choice with your current weeks submission. however, I still think 40 is way out of hand. I would say that 20 entries should be taken... first come, first serve. but that's just me.

yeah whats the point of having 40+ entries when probably more then half of them might not recieve even 1 vote.

194GVan
yeah whats the point of having 40+ entries when probably more then half of them might not recieve even 1 vote.
I guess you're right but the 30 this week fillrd up so fast.
I have also been trying to figure out a way to split the comp into groups (like the WRS) but haven't been able to figure out a reasonable or easy way to do it. :banghead: :confused:

i know what youre saying. we are struggling with our own photo competition over in the drifting forums. we now have 10+pages of entries and havent even put a poll up yet, and there is still much debate on what rules should be implemented and timeframes and stuff like that. This forum is so active it seems like you just need to have 1 or 2 days for entries then close the entry thread, and maybe have 2 contests a week?

Back